She shol' right! (vent)

I have to agree with this. I'm not really a "playing in my hair" type person but even if I was then I wouldn't stop to make some insecure girl not feel bad about her own hair. That's not my problem.

When I'm walking around with my hair freshly done and it's looking good, I'm not trying to make random women who happen to be in the same place I am feel bad about their own hair. They do a fine enough job of that on their own.:perplexed

Exactly...I can't carry the burden of someone else's issues on myself...at the end of the day, just because someone has what you want, doesn't mean you should feel bad that you don't have it because you don't know what they did to get it, or what they went through to get it...work with what you have, do you and don't pay attention to what the next chick is doin because while you're busy sizing her up and paying attention to what she has or doesn't have, 9 times out of 10 she's not even thinking about you...its just not that deep.

People need to vent though...so I can understand why the OP feels the way she does:yep:

stink eyes and not a compliment in sight. :nono: as i walked by 2 black girls they stopped in mid-conversation to stare at me... and then one remarked, "so, my hair is longer than that and it's MINE cuz i bought it!"

i mean really, was that necessary? :rolleyes:

what in the . . . ? y'all got the craziest hair stories on this board. my hair's life is so boring. i want my hair to get into fights, scandals, and multi-colored love triangles, too!

what in the . . . ? y'all got the craziest hair stories on this board. my hair's life is so boring. i want my hair to get into fights, scandals, and multi-colored love triangles, too!

My hair's life is boring too but I like it that way. I wouldn't even know what to with the rude comments or people coming up and trying to dig in my hair.:nono:

That stuff has never happened to me, thank goodness.

Don't worry about her. As you see in my avatar, I ain't got long hair.:look: I am soooooo used to chicks doing that to me. On top of alllll that, it's never anything I want. I am like, "Girl if you only knew.":rolleyes: Forget her, your self-esteem ain't got nothing to do with how she feels or trying to make you feel!:yep:

:look: Even if you are, its your hair and your hands and you have a right to have the two meet as often and as much as you want:lachen:

Not calling you insecure OP, but I'm not about to let someone else's insecurities about their hair stop me from playing in my own...
Exactlyyyyyyyyy! What she feels about herself, has nothing to do with you! Like I said,^ women do this, and I honestly didn't care. You have to be secure in what you are doing and what you look like. Weave or no weave, it is on her head, and she felt good enough to swing it.:look:

:rocker: Now that sheyet is funny! :lachen: Gurl you a mess! ahahahahah

so i'm goin to the grocery store fresh from work-dirty coveralls and all, and yes my hair looks a hot mess, cause i took my baggie off (i keep it drenched w/ scurl now, with a whole head baggie under a scarf):hair:

theres some think-she-cute girl in there wit orange-ish layered bsl hair wit a falling rollerset lookin style, i wanna say its a weave, but she kept givin me that stank "look at this messy bald-head b!tch" look.:evil:

as im leavin out, we were both headed for the door, and she ended up in front of me. no she did NOT start runnin her hands thru her head liftin her hair up and sh!t! and it must either be a weave, or she got a jacked up nape cause she aint lift too high, or separate her hair too much! ooh she made me mad!!!!!!:210:

its all good though. 4 mo' inches and i'm goin to Food Town in some Jimmy Choos and a baby phat mini skirt outfit with a fierce roller wrap, actin lost, lookin around to turn my head and shake it! cause ***** YO HAIR DONT SHAKE! mine does already! lemme shake it real quick!:rocker:

ok. i'm done. and if you were the girl and you read this, beware....the mega tek is working...:whip:

my hair life is boring as well..lol. i just get stares..nothing else.

My hair's life is boring too but I like it that way. I wouldn't even know what to with the rude comments or people coming up and trying to dig in my hair.:nono:

That stuff has never happened to me, thank goodness.

What I wonder is when chicks are showing they are hatin' dont they get they are then exposed as nothin more than a sorry ass hater?

What I wonder is when chicks are showing they are hatin' dont they get they are then exposed as nothin more than a sorry ass hater?

THANK YOU!! I mean really, why would I be wasting time thinking about your wack hair? Even YOU don't like it!:lachen:

Bless their little hearts though.:ohwell:

so i'm goin to the grocery store fresh from work-dirty coveralls and all, and yes my hair looks a hot mess, cause i took my baggie off (i keep it drenched w/ scurl now, with a whole head baggie under a scarf):hair:

theres some think-she-cute girl in there wit orange-ish layered bsl hair wit a falling rollerset lookin style, i wanna say its a weave, but she kept givin me that stank "look at this messy bald-head b!tch" look.:evil:

as im leavin out, we were both headed for the door, and she ended up in front of me. no she did NOT start runnin her hands thru her head liftin her hair up and sh!t! and it must either be a weave, or she got a jacked up nape cause she aint lift too high, or separate her hair too much! ooh she made me mad!!!!!!:210:

its all good though. 4 mo' inches and i'm goin to Food Town in some Jimmy Choos and a baby phat mini skirt outfit with a fierce roller wrap, actin lost, lookin around to turn my head and shake it! cause ***** YO HAIR DONT SHAKE! mine does already! lemme shake it real quick!:rocker:

ok. i'm done. and if you were the girl and you read this, beware....the mega tek is working...:whip:
DO your thang girl, you go head, shake that hater off

I have to agree with this. I'm not really a "playing in my hair" type person but even if I was then I wouldn't stop to make some insecure girl not feel bad about her own hair. That's not my problem.

When I'm walking around with my hair freshly done and it's looking good, I'm not trying to make random women who happen to be in the same place I am feel bad about their own hair. They do a fine enough job of that on their own.:perplexed
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
Amen. Preach. I wish there was a choir around, we could have testimony.

This is absolutely hilarious lmao! "actin lost" :lachen::lachen::lachen: just so she would have an excuse to look around and shake her head lmao :lachen: Girl you are too much!!

it's something about me. :look: i still don't get it, because i went thru a VERY akward puberty that started at 9... i was tall, skinny as a rail, had big ol' owl glasses... i still see myself as that goofy-looking girl. i wasn't raised to only care about looks though. i don't care if i'm the prettiest or ugliest person in the room, i'mma still have some pride about myself.

maybe it's just where i live, people are weird. i've noticed when i go visit bigger cities people could care less about me, which i like... i'd rather blend into the crowd and go on about my business.

i confess it was me

j/k

:lachen:

Remove the Lace Front and she probably looks like this:

tyra-banks-bald.jpg
:lachen::lachen:

I'm not surprised. One day I was running in the park. The park I go to is in a black-only neighborhood with a lot of working class men hanging around (prision break-type guys who have the big chest and beer gut). This one little hoochie was with her friend in some tight arse pants, with her chubby self. I don't think I was being paranoid when I say I think she felt she was better than me because I'm thinner with a toned body and her butt was all in every guys' face. At one point her nose was all in the air as she walked past me i thought she'd sneeze on jesus!:rolleyes:

She kept giggling and smiling all in the dudes faces, getting all excited when cars nearly crashed trying to get at her. You can tell her head was blown up more than Pearl Harbor.

Girl, feel special if you wants to bc some hood figga gave you the time of day.
Let us be reminded that I'm older than you and have the figure that allows me to be approached by guys who drive Mercedes, Audis, and Rolls Royce.
I pop bankers, lawyers, and accountants. Not dudes on probation.

But, women can be very childish like that.

Girl, you better tell em!
Even when I was younger and messed with them hood dudes, I still pulled the ones who were running it!

Anyway some of these ladies got it twisted getting big-headed for the wrong (stupid) reasons. It isn't that hard to get a rise out of a man.
Some women do it better than others though.
But--the point is, if you run around 'advertising' and scantily clad--you will receive attention. Any woman. It's not a difficult feat to accomplish. You could have a 'front-booty' and these figgas will still try to holla BECAUSE when women advertise like that, most men will look at her........and just see a 'hole'.

That's half the reason why we got all these thick or wannabe thick , 'ButtaFace' (but-her-face) females with huge flabby a**es running around like they just 'fiyah'! Somebody was confused called them thick and now you can't tell them nothing.

....and I ain't hatin....cause I got body (36d-29-44) Which means I can talk all DAY long! LOL Naw, I'm jus being stupid. But....I'm just sayin what I see, here.

Anywho--she was prolly some little highschool girl. Hopefully. It'd be sad if she were 25 or over 30 yrs old and acting like that. Although I know that there are plenty young-minded older women out there.:nono:

She just has to learn the difference between good and bad attention.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

You go girl! I was cracking up, I seriously don't understand why other people feel the need to go out of their way to make someone else feel bad...you handled yourself like a champ:yep:

She seems like one of those stuckup people who get into stilettos and full make-up and a suit fresh from the cleaners to go to Kroger's or the gas station. Reminds me of some ladies (a few who I'm sure are on this site) who think you have to look like you're posing for a magazine to leave the house:rolleyes:

She may have no right to judge you for going to the store in messy clothes with your hair in an unnattractive state, but you shouldn't let it get to you. You knew you didn't look too hot when you left, so why be mad that someone noticed?

Now fluffing the wig... that is irritating for most, but nothing to get mad over. She knows what is under the lacefront, and you know obviously what she has under it isn't as good since she had to cover it up... so why are you competing with her wig and going on about whether it is real or fake or hers or store-bought? You are mad that you aren't up to some stranger's standards as if her opinion matters... and had it been important you would have dressed differently.

I don't go to class in pajamas and a bandana unless I'm prepared to get the looks. I think you should have expected it, going in overalls and a baggy:perplexed

actually now that i think about it, OP... i woulda played right along with her. when she started showing off her wig, i would've acted like i was in awe and asked her where she bought it... oh i just HAVE to know, please tell me it is soooooo cute! girl i need something like that so when i have to run to the store at a moment's notice i can look fly like you too.

i mean she wanted attention, i woulda gave it to her. either she'd miss the sarcasm or catch more of an attitude if she picked up on it. don't matter to me :drunk:

I'm sorry, this is getting stupid.:rolleyes: Why is it HER responsibility to make YOU feel good?! I always leave out the house, for the most part, like I stepped out the magazine! If others feel intimidated, that is their problem. It seems like you are the one hating.:perplexed If you stepped out the house looking good, shooo you don't want women looking at you like you should have changed your shirt and walked like you aren't the **** because THEY felt bad. I mean really, she just doing her. She didn't leave the house it hopes to run into you and make you feel bad.:rolleyes: If it really bothers the person, look the other way!:look:

dang this thread got long! anyhoo, i must confess, yes i was bein a lil stupid about it. i mean, come on, i just got off work! i dont have a job where i can put on my bare minerals swangin a dominican blow-out... did i mention she worked there? so i hope she dont think i cant afford to git my sexy on. ultrasonic testers/steel inspectors make more than cart pushers...lemme stop fo somebody think i'm job hatin. but i hope you get the point.

Back