“setting To Success” 2016

My flat iron came! I just unpacked it and then put it back in the box. It's pretty lightweight and I can tell I'll have to put some pressure on it to get the plates flat. The plates feel very smooth. They are titanium with ceramic infused. Who knows what that means.

Also pretty impressed with the cricket carbon straightening comb. It feels very solid.

If I remember correctly, titanium is supposed to be hotter than any other plates so don't go too high with the heat...wouldn't want you to damage your beautiful hair! :2inlove:

If I remember correctly, titanium is supposed to be hotter than any other plates so don't go too high with the heat...wouldn't want you to damage your beautiful hair! :2inlove:
That's certainly my plan. I was hoping the flat iron would come with suggestions for heat depending on hair type, but it doesn't.

I also did some research on titanium vs ceramic because it doesn't make sense to me that one two irons set on the same temperature would be different temps.

I did read that titanium generates heat using negative ions, so it can be used on a lower temperature than a ceramic iron. The negative ions make the titanium very efficient, so one should use a lower temperature than they use on a ceramic iron.

I'm definitely going to follow that advice, but if it's true, it seems like the temperature gauges on flat irons are pointless or don't work. If a flat iron is set at 350 degrees something should be regulating that temperature so that it doesn't get hotter or cooler than 350. Ah well.

I'm going to try my iron at 350 and see if that is hot enough.

And I bought the It's A Ten Leave In as well to try last week with my Prime membership. I got the one with Keratin, my hair seems to love it and the ingredients looked a tad bit better.

Has anyone tried the shampoo and condish from this line as well?
I have used the regular it's a 10 shampoo, conditioner, and DC. They were all great. I would skip the shampoo and conditioner because I think other (cheaper) products work just as effectively. The DC was incredible. I stopped using it because I use a lot of product and it was just too expensive for me to only get 2 or 3 treatments out of one container.

And I bought the It's A Ten Leave In as well to try last week with my Prime membership. I got the one with Keratin, my hair seems to love it and the ingredients looked a tad bit better.

Has anyone tried the shampoo and condish from this line as well?

I think the It's a 10 with Keratin is my favorite so far...it just leaves my hair so soft & fluffy....reminds me alot of the Chi Keratin leave in. I havent tried the shampoo and conditioner from the line but I do have the masque and OMG it is bae status. Unlike Ms Toasty, I'm not heavy handed with my DC's:lachen:. I've been using the same jar for months...I think I've used it at least 5 or 6 times, and just hit the half way mark. LoL

That's certainly my plan. I was hoping the flat iron would come with suggestions for heat depending on hair type, but it doesn't.

I also did some research on titanium vs ceramic because it doesn't make sense to me that one two irons set on the same temperature would be different temps.

I did read that titanium generates heat using negative ions, so it can be used on a lower temperature than a ceramic iron. The negative ions make the titanium very efficient, so one should use a lower temperature than they use on a ceramic iron.

I'm definitely going to follow that advice, but if it's true, it seems like the temperature gauges on flat irons are pointless or don't work. If a flat iron is set at 350 degrees something should be regulating that temperature so that it doesn't get hotter or cooler than 350. Ah well.

I'm going to try my iron at 350 and see if that is hot enough.

Great research Lady. Keep me informed on how it turns out. I'm assuming you gone be dancing, sweating and hopping all around at Ms Beyoncé's concert so hopefully you don't sweat out all your hard work. Just take pics before the concert LOL :lachen: My sister was trying to get me to go with her to the ATL show but Beyonce just ain't my cup of tea (dont e-fight me Sis! :bat:) I am beyond proud of her and can't deny the fact that she is doing her thang tho. I hope you have fun at the concert and dance till yo legs get tied! :woot:

I think the It's a 10 with Keratin is my favorite so far...it just leaves my hair so soft & fluffy....reminds me alot of the Chi Keratin leave in. I havent tried the shampoo and conditioner from the line but I do have the masque and OMG it is bae status. Unlike Ms Toasty, I'm not heavy handed with my DC's:lachen:. I've been using the same jar for months...I think I've used it at least 5 or 6 times, and just hit the half way mark. LoL
Yes my hair LOVES that CHI Keratin Leave In, it's definitely a rollerset staple!

@lulu97 We won't e-fight over Beyonce but I am mad at you for making that it's a 10 masque last. :mad:

And yes! All my pictures will be taken pre-dancing up a storm. I'm going to do my hair Friday night and keep it in a top knot until Sunday for the concert so I can have loose waves. :band2::bdance::beer:

I was surprisingly comfortable with the cap. I didn't need a towel around my neck or my ears. I was still warm because I was sitting under the dryer, but I was able to use a higher temperature and I was more comfortable than I was at the lower temperature.

Next week I'll see if I can go up to level 65. I do think this will help in the summer months!

I bought something to combat the heat as well. Trying it out under the dryer now.....hope it cuts my drying time too!! Glad yours is working for you.

Heyyyyyy my beautiful setting sisters! :2inlove:

I'll be washing and setting tomorrow or Tuesday. Wearing it out for a few days then twisting it up for a bomb twist out since my hair will already be stretched. I'll be going on vacation for 2 weeks (Thank GAWD) starting on Wednesday, so I'll make sure my moisture levels are on point during and post wash day. So I'm thinking: wash, roller set, wear down 2 days (during NYC trip, 6-7 jumbo twists pulled up in a bun for a week (Hawaii trip), wear twistout for remaining of vacation or until it gets dusty or we fly home. :lachen:

How yall doing?!!!!

Thank you ladies! I think I'm reaching the point in my hair journey where I trim every 3 months and don't gain more length. I always said I would grow my hair until it became a hassle and my wash days are getting a bit long. The cool cap helps to take some of the time out of drying my hair and I'm much more comfortable under the dryer. The larger rollers means I spend less time rolling. Deep conditioning on dry hair means I only have to get in the shower once.

But I'm in the shower for 45 minutes shampooing, applying my instant conditioner, detangling in 4 sections, parting for my roller set, detangling again, rinsing, etc.

@toaster, when is your Beyonce concert? I want to see :click: of flat iron results and a review of your new flat iron.

@lulu97, have a nice vacation in NYC and Hawaii! What island are you guys going to? If you're going to Maui have DH take you to Chef Roy's :lick:

@faithVA, how's the :cycle:training going?

@bluenvy, does your son know that he's going to be a big brother?

@Colocha, did you ever get your silk scrubchies?

Last edited:
@toaster, when is your Beyonce concert? I want to see :click: of flat iron results and a review of your new flat iron.

@lulu97, have a nice vacation in NYC and Hawaii! What island are you guys going to? If you're going to Maui have DH take you to Chef Roy's :lick:

The training is coming along. Did a 25 mile event this past weekend. Now I'm trying to learn how to work on my bike. I'm shooting for a 50 mile ride by the fall. I think I can make it.

@MileHighDiva We will be in Oahu. I've been to Roy's once and never went back. I can't remember if I liked it or not...I do remember it being pricey though. LOL We have friends that we visit every year to 2 years there, and they will usually cook for us or take us to the mom and pop type restaurants that are like hidden gems....and they are super cheap but the food is like beast status! LOL

OT: I'm not even a clubbing gal, but they took us to a club in the hood (lol) and we danced until the sun came up...I mean we literally went outside and watched the sunrise over a volcano. Mannnnnnn I'm so ready to leave in a few days. :lachen:

Back