Self-Made MEN

CurliDiva

Do you think single men are 'preparing" themselves for a relationship/marriage the way the most women are/do?

Many of us talk about getting ourselves RIGHT (not just for a man, but a mate will benefit) as it relates to our being a "that" girl, hair, weight, emotions, finances or career-wise.

Do you think the average single guy even thinks that he NEEDS to work on anything before a serious relationship especially marriage?

Most do. They think in terms of finishing school, getting to a certain point in their careers, having a home, etc. Some want all that in place, others need only one to start thinking about the next step.

In terms of looks, not so much. Women think they need to look like it girls before they walk out the door just in case they run into mr. right. Not so for most guys. They look presentable but they will talk to you wearing a suit or t-shirt and jeans.

I guess I just don't hear my guy friends talk about getting themselves "ready" for marriage! My friends who are married, just kind of went along with their girlfriends' wish to get marry.

None are triffling, but in several cases the woman was banking on the "future potential" of their boyfriends versus the boyfriends really having their stuff together before-hand.:ohwell:

No, I don't think men "consciously" prepare for marriage/relationship. Sure, they have goals they want to reach, regardless of marriage or not. And, depending on their upbringing, a man will seek wife/real relationship material out (while at the same time having his fun) and when he "happens upon" the wife/relationship material, dude will begin to get things in order, like removing the playdates and booty calls and will position himself before his choice of spouse to show himself ready, willing, and able to take care of her....

I think some women take WAY TOO LONG with the waiting and dating/wife-playing and then the man maybe feels obligated to do like the OP said to just kind of go along with their girlfriends' wish to get married.:look:

Back