Salons R Us giving a discount on Hair Steamer...

STEAMER BASE.jpgJust put mine together, well..all of it except the base. I cannot figure out the metal piece at the bottom of the two rods..I wonder if that piece is the correct piece? Photo added.:perplexed

Last edited:
View attachment 59088Just put mine together, well..all of it except the base. I cannot figure out the metal piece at the bottom of the two rods..I wonder if that piece is the correct piece? Photo added.:perplexed

I can't tell from your pic, but what I did was put the feet on the bottome then I unscrewed the metal piece from the pole and put it at the bottom of the feet pole; then put the pole on top; place screw in from bottom in metal while holding top still. It sandwiches the foot stand!

I wish they had directions, the blonde that I am I had to use my head. :( and I wasn't sure until I tightened everything. But it seems just right!

Last edited:
I can't tell from your pic, but what I did was put the feet on the bottome then I unscrewed the metal piece from the pole and put it at the bottom of the feet pole at the top screw from bottom while holding top still.

I wish they had directions, the blonde that I am I had to use my head. :( and I wasn't sure until I tightened everything. But it seems just right!

Yes, blurry photo. Thanks, makes sense...only instructions were "Put together as pictured":look: will try it tomorrow, too tired tonight to dig out the workmen gloves and the wrench..that piece of metal is SHARP!!!

Yes, blurry photo. Thanks, makes sense...only instructions were "Put together as pictured":look: will try it tomorrow, too tired tonight to dig out the workmen gloves and the wrench..that piece of metal is SHARP!!!

LOL It is sharp I tried to unscrew it holding it with my hand :nono::nono::nono: OUCH!

I just showed my husband the directions, put together as pictured in the diagram, R U SERIOUS! This isn't legos! HUH, I did get it, I was desperate, LOL!

Hubby agreed said the pic isn't even clear!

Thanx BellaLunie... I may have to break down and buy 1 cause my hair is not retaining length no matter what I do.

I'll decide tomorrow. I don't know where I'll put it though it looks like it has a big footprint.

you might have to do more protective styling and low manip. I only wash and dc 2x weekly and that's the only time I touch my hair besides moisturizing and sealing. That's the only time I comb also. Other than that it's wrapped or under a wig :yep:

you might have to do more protective styling and low manip. I only wash and dc 2x weekly and that's the only time I touch my hair besides moisturizing and sealing. That's the only time I comb also. Other than that it's wrapped or under a wig :yep:

I always wear protective styles like twists (no ext.) or something else and I only wash every 2-3 weeks. I dc when I wash and I baggy every night. I use coconut oil. I seal the ends and I'm still losing the ends . I only comb my hair when it's wet with conditioner on it and that's it. This Winter I have been doing the half-wigs and wigs also.

This is why I'm so frustrated with my hair. I'm thinking now that it may be a med. I'm taking now. I'm gonna order the steamer now. I've tried everything else , why not!! You ladies make it sound so good too.

Ok i just got my steamer and it had no instructions any who I called and they instructed me. He also told me at least once a mnth use quart cup of vin fill rest with water and let it run. then fill it with reg water and let it run to get vin smell out. This should clean the steamer. I am sitting under it now. ;-)

Ok i just got my steamer and it had no instructions any who I called and they instructed me. He also told me at least once a mnth use quart cup of vin fill rest with water and let it run. then fill it with reg water and let it run to get vin smell out. This should clean the steamer. I am sitting under it now. ;-)

Do you have to do that even if you use distilled water?

Finding that distilled water was a MOTHER, I went to several walmarts and targets and shop rites and nada, I went to the local Walmart and they had a few so I got 2, I might need to stock up on a dozen for my Steam sessions LOL!

Do you have to do that even if you use distilled water?

Finding that distilled water was a MOTHER, I went to several walmarts and targets and shop rites and nada, I went to the local Walmart and they had a few so I got 2, I might need to stock up on a dozen for my Steam sessions LOL!

He told me to use tap water. He also said it won't hurt to use distilled but they notice it caused build up on prior machines. I have the pro 150 which is a "new" machine from what he said and it should be used with tap water. I found distilled water in 1 stop at Publix. I always see distilled water in the super market.

eta: I am sitting under her now 1st time and it GETS REALLY HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like that.

I've received my steamer from salonsRus a few months back and I have a question:

How are you ladies cleaning your steamer?

I ask b/c in the section where the water tank is positioned (upside down) it seems like a little bit of water stays trapped when I remove the water tank after each use.....and there seems to be a little white gunk down there in the machine...ewwww :nono:

So am I the only one experiencing this or am I not doing something right? :rolleyes:

What kind of water are you using? I think it's only made to be used with distilled or purified water. Other waters might contain minerals and that might be the gunk you're experiencing

I've been using distilled water all along!!.....I don't understand why I get the white gunk trapped in the machine

now I'm upset b/c they were not selling the ultra light steamer back when I got mine (and the price was higher--I paid $129 even with the exoticmommies discount) .. it seems like the new one is better since the tank is not upside down

I feel like I should have waited..buyer's remorse :ohwell:

He told me to use tap water. He also said it won't hurt to use distilled but they notice it caused build up on prior machines. I have the pro 150 which is a "new" machine from what he said and it should be used with tap water. I found distilled water in 1 stop at Publix. I always see distilled water in the super market.

eta: I am sitting under her now 1st time and it GETS REALLY HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like that.

Same Steamer I have as well, I am soooo mad I went and bought the distilled water thinking I needed it. HUH! I am using that up and then using regular tap water. oh well, I guess I will save some $$$ cha ching! LOL

Yes it does get hot I opened up the front vents a little LOL!

Lawddd I'mma get in trouble messing with you ladies lol I just bought one :( No more shopping for me dangit. I spent 200+ this week on stuff :( Help mi lawdddddddd

I'mma try it out but if I don't like it. I will sell it to someone but I better like it for 109 bucks lol

Lawddd I'mma get in trouble messing with you ladies lol I just bought one :( No more shopping for me dangit. I spent 200+ this week on stuff :( Help mi lawdddddddd

I'mma try it out but if I don't like it. I will sell it to someone but I better like it for 109 bucks lol

U will love it! :D

I have been bad too I spent $125 on 3 hair serums this month alone, not speaking of the Chi Keratin mist or other things I bought, I just say Feb isn't my month!

Same Steamer I have as well, I am soooo mad I went and bought the distilled water thinking I needed it. HUH! I am using that up and then using regular tap water. oh well, I guess I will save some $$$ cha ching! LOL

Yes it does get hot I opened up the front vents a little LOL!

I just opened the vent.:lachen:
From what I read here every one uses distilled and I purchased it but i couldn't put the thing together so i called and during the conversation I asked about cleaning and what kind of water to use.

I just opened the vent.:lachen:
From what I read here every one uses distilled and I purchased it but i couldn't put the thing together so i called and during the conversation I asked about cleaning and what kind of water to use.

that is cool now I know how to clean it out, I appreciate your sharing that. I bought a gallon of White Vinegar for $1.20 not long ago it was on sale so there I go!

Well, I went ahead and ordered mine. Cost 119.00 total.

I asked him specifically if I can use tap water and he said yes!!

OMG...so this is what PJism feels like. I keep telling myself to wait, what the heck am I waiting for?! I'm going to go order mine!!

Can't wait to start DCing!

OMG...I got the pop-up from FEDEX that my Steamer was just delivered...told manager I had an emergency (in my mind it was a emergency) and had to go home...

Just got back...had to put that bad boy in the house...didn't want it sittin' on my front porch...(lol)

I got mine yesterday!! I need to put it together over the weekend. I can't use it until later...I'm an a personal challenge to make my current style last at least another 5 days.

OMG...I got the pop-up from FEDEX that my Steamer was just delivered...told manager I had an emergency (in my mind it was a emergency) and had to go home...

Just got back...had to put that bad boy in the house...didn't want it sittin' on my front porch...(lol)

Lol!!! :lachen: But you are oh so right about not wanting it sitting on the porch.

FedEx called me 5 hours ago to ask for directions. Where the heck are they? We did get 2ft of snow, but that can't stop them.

Lol!!! :lachen: But you are oh so right about not wanting it sitting on the porch.

FedEx called me 5 hours ago to ask for directions. Where the heck are they? We did get 2ft of snow, but that can't stop them.

My driver was 3 hours late. I had called Fedex and everything.

That sounds like an emergency in my mind. :lachen:

I know better than to let mine sit on my steps all day so I would have been exiting the building as well, lol.

The Pro 150 has a higher wattage than the other model so it does get very hot - I noticed that too.

I'll robably fire mine up tomorrow for round 2 :)

The Pro 150 has a higher wattage than the other model so it does get very hot - I noticed that too.

I'll robably fire mine up tomorrow for round 2 :)

:lachen::lachen: I was convincing myself not to, I will fire mine up again on Friday next week. LOL!

I am planning another trip to Florida and was like how am I going to position my steamer in the back, then I figured I'd steam before I go, but I know myself, I will go in the water and keep touching my hair being upset I didn't bring my steamer.:nono:

Is the head of the steamer suppose to be sitting on the pole?

I put it together, but I have a feeling I did something wrong. One of my wheels came broken, but I can't be bothered. This thing is cheeeaap. I have two deep cuts down my wrist, I don't even know how they happened :sad:

Once used, i'll post my review.

TBS, I'm not sure which steamer you purchased but I had to reposition my steamer twice because it was leaning to the side. I realized that the pole needed to be in a little tighter. If the wheel came broken I would call or email salonsrus and I am sure they will send you another wheel. They have good customer service so I can't imagine they would charge you anything for shipping since it was their fault.

I'm under my steamer right now. I first steamed for one hour, but its so relaxing I'm in for round 2 right now. For my second steam I added avocado oil all over my hair. It feels really soft. Two hours is enough (overload? LOL) so I won't go in for another hour. I think.

Ok, I ordered it!!!! I'm sooo excited to try steaming my hair again. I only had one steam experience & it was in a salong 10 years ago...

Thanks exoticmommies for providing us with the discount info!!!!

Back