Salons R Us giving a discount on Hair Steamer...

WHHHHHYYYY cant I ever come into this hair section and NOT MAKE A PURCHASE!!!! :wallbash:

**Takes deep breath**

But I am excited about this purchase :yep: because I really need something to help my daughter's transition...She is 13 months post ( 4b) and her roots are very thick!!!
LOL:lachen::lachen::lachen:I have been watching these steamers for weeks now. Finally a reason I can give my DH to justify this purchase. I am transitioning my DD as well.

Ladies, please come back with your reviews on the newer model. I almost purchased two of the older model, one for me and one for mom, over the holidays. Thanks. --c

They also said you can use tap water in this one, in the other it was recommended that you use distilled.

I want to thank you ladies as well, because of all the word put in, they are sending me a free steamer, and all they ask is that I review it like I did the other.

So thanks again ladies!! :grouphug:

My sister wants to buy this steamer so please let us know you like it!

I just checked my tracking number and my steamer was delivered today!! Yah!! I can't wait to get home!

Mom better keep her hands OFF my steamer :-)!

Here's my dilemma though - I don't have any really good conditioners in my stash to try it with. I have zero salon brands in my bathroom. YTC is my staple but it made me very frizzy this weekend so I'm almost afraid to use it with a steamer.

I have 2 ORS Replen Packs so I'll probably use those.

Once I'm done with my current stash, I'm going to treat myself to one very nice salon brand conditioner - I'm leaning towards L'Occitane or Wen.

Girl lemme tell you. I have some conditioners that are sorry. I barely use them. But when I do, I only use it under the steamer. Just add some of your favorite oils. It will still come out good. :yep:

Exoticmommie, just wanted to let you and the ladies know that I took advantage of this deal as well, ordered mine last night... I am looking forward to getting the steamer! So thanks for securing the deal, this was the best price I'd seen anywhere!

So how does it work? When you condition, do you cover your hair (plastic cap)? or do you leave it uncovered? to go under the steamer?

Exoticmommie..you've done a great thing; glad you are getting another steamer..you deserve it. FED-EX tracking states mine due to be delivered tomorrow. :meme:...oh, please, please...let that man ring the bell before I have to head out to work at 11:30!

So how does it work? When you condition, do you cover your hair (plastic cap)? or do you leave it uncovered? to go under the steamer?

No you don't cover your head. You want the steam to penetrate your strands. I put a spa band around my head, right below my edges. And I pin my hair up with a clip, making sure to leave my ends out since they need it most. You will be having water droplets rolling down your face, so that is why I use the band. I think the longer your hair the more droplets rolling down. My DH does it too, and he doesn't get as much as I do. I dunno, maybe it's something else. LOL.

Others should share what they do.

Last edited:
I assembled mine tonight, co-washed and DTed with Hair One Olive Oil. I sat under the steamer for about 20 minutes - it only has a high setting and it gets really hot. At this point it started beeping so I turned it off. I think the water was getting low or maybe it was running off the timer.

My scalp is still cooling so I'll cool rinse tonight and see how my hair dries.

I'm so excited - many thanks Exoticmommie for posting about the discount.

argghh...I JUST spent over a $100 at Rockey Trading buying half wigs and lacefronts

I was just thinking about the time I had my hair steamed and how I needed a hair steamer.

BUT...I remember what that steamer did to my hair, so I don't feel guilty about this purchase, especially since my hair is NOT in a good state right now due to winter cold & neglect on my part.

Can the discount be used on the less expensive model? The one that you use tap water with? Does anyone have that one?

^^^ The more expensive one is not available as far as I know until April I think. I ordered the lite version (the cheaper one) and was able to use the coupon. It went from $119 to $109. HTH!

My hair looks and feels really good. It is much curlier than usual. I can't wait to use theis on my youngerst - she has very dry hair, especially in the winter.

I went ahead and ordered the light one. It should be here Friday
1959_dancing_bannana.gif

BE all that lushness and you don't have a salon conditioner?! :blush: Maybe there's something to the whole KISS regimens after all. I used the Suave brand humectant(Nexxus Humectress dupe) and it worked just as well. I only paid $2 at Walmart. Another great find is LeKair around $1. I only add oils and it's wonderful as well.

I'm jealous everyone's geting theirs. Mine's still on the truck "awaiting delivery" :rolleyes:

What exactly are the benefits of having a steamer?

My hair is not growing because of my coily ends no matter what I do. Do you think this can help me? I've only had it done once on my hair at a natural hair salon.

BE all that lushness and you don't have a salon conditioner?! :blush: Maybe there's something to the whole KISS regimens after all. I used the Suave brand humectant(Nexxus Humectress dupe) and it worked just as well. I only paid $2 at Walmart. Another great find is LeKair around $1. I only add oils and it's wonderful as well.

I'm jealous everyone's geting theirs. Mine's still on the truck "awaiting delivery" :rolleyes:

thanks for the compliment - I manily use VO5 Moisture Milks in Strawberries and Cream and HE Totally Twisted for cowashing and seal with oil while wet.

I DT with an Indian powder once a week and use my YTC once or twice a month.

I think my Indian powders help to make my hair very healthy so I can get away with sheapie conditioners most of the time. I use Henna, Amla, Shikakai and Neem.

Just placed my order! Unfortunately it will probably arrive while I'm on a biz trip. Guess DH will greet the FedEx man for me. :grin:

IT'S HERE! :grin: :dance7: :yay: :cloud9: :woohoo:

my mom, dd, and little bro are looking like she's :nuts:

So happy for you :grin:. Can't wait to hear how you like it!!

Just placed my order! Unfortunately it will probably arrive while I'm on a biz trip. Guess DH will greet the FedEx man for me.

That's what happened to me - I worked late and DH beat me home and saw the box 1st :blush: :nono:

As a man with a shaved head, he is so puzzled by the time and money I spend on my hair!!

Last edited:
LOL!!! Congrats! Where the heck is mine?
Lol I'm sorry. You should be getting it soon I hope

So happy for you :grin:. Can't wait to hear how you like it!!

That's what happened to me - I worked late and DH beat me home and saw the box 1st :blush: :nono:

As a man with a shaved head, he is so puzzled by the time and money I spend on my hair!!

I love it! I can't describe the way it made my scalp feel. It's like it was opening up the follicles. I did a prepoo with ORS mayo with EVOO and JBCO for 30 mins. Washed with Aphogee poo for damaged hair followed with Dove for 15 mins and my hair is so soft! I wish I could use it on Saturday for my henndigo gloss but I'll be out of town and it will have to wait until next Wednesday

My mother is the same way. She doesn't know how much it cost but I did tell her I got it cheap with the LHCF discount :grin:

here's dd enjoying it already
0224001626.jpg

Last edited:
I enjoyed it and put it together as soon as it hit my door. LOL, I used it with YTC mud Mask, I loved the steamer not so much the mask as it left my hair DULL :(

I will use it up cause I don't have money to burn. Can't wait to try the steamer with another DC. :D

What exactly are the benefits of having a steamer?

My hair is not growing because of my coily ends no matter what I do. Do you think this can help me? I've only had it done once on my hair at a natural hair salon.

I missed this earlier but here they are:

- Better Circulation in Scalp leading to better hair growth

- Cleanses Scalp, removing dirt and dead skin

- Brings moisture to your Roots and hair shaft

- Leaves your hair soft and smooth

- Great for Dandruff Sufferer's

- Stops Dryness and hair Breakage

- Makes hair stronger and healthier

- Improves Hair Color Treatments

- Can also act as a Facial Steamer

Thanx BellaLunie... I may have to break down and buy 1 cause my hair is not retaining length no matter what I do.

I'll decide tomorrow. I don't know where I'll put it though it looks like it has a big footprint.

Back