Saddened by the Unpopular Hair Opinions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenderheaded said:
Thank you Macherie, for voicing a concern of mine. I am neither blond, natural, nor calling 3 strands bra strap but I felt the sting of what was being said.

My interpretation of the thread was unpopular hair opinions that work. If blond, natural, or 3 strand bra strap works for you then great. LHCF is often attacked for provoking "ugliness" by some other boards. This was the first time I felt a tinge of truth:ohwell:

Nah....like Bubblin' stated (not in these words), this was just a thread to let people vent what they can't stand and what irks them about other members in a "structured" and "indirect" kinda way....

Even though the intention of the thread I do believe was malicious. It's been a topic before here a long time ago and went the same route. You may intentionally think it's simply about "unpopular opinions that work" but it had it's hidden agenda which was successfully executed (and those who saw the thread on the other board knew EXACTLY where this was going...).

I do agree with those that say they are just peoples opinions, they are free to have them and we shouldn't get all worked up over them. You don't know these folks, they don't know you. I ain't no saint, I laughed at a couple of them...shoot, I share some of those opinions myself, just as well as I may fit into the category of the "unpopular" opinions. Maybe cause I been around on hair boards long enough and have pretty much seen it all, it just doesn't phase me emotionally. As in bad taste as the thread may be, there will ALWAYS be someone who care much for what you do for whatever reasons they may have and you gotta be ready to suck that up when you "put your business out there" I will say. But, it has nothing to do with you trying to meet your hair goals. Let them bask in their glory for "telling you like it is" direct or indirectly, and you do you.

Happy hair growing!!!

ETA: Disclaimer (lol...gotta do it these days) NO, I'm not saying that everyone who posted in the thread was doing it maliciously to point out things they don't care for specifically regarding other members of the board.

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly with this. There seems to be alot of "softies" on this board who wish for the more assertive to keep their opinions to themselves. To the despair of these members, that won't be happening anytime soon.

This may be OT, but it is burning a whole in my gullet so I'mma jes speak. :lol:

First let me open by saying I'm an opinionated, assertive, brazen heffalump. YES LAWD! I admit that and wear my big mouth badge wit' pride and dignity! :D

I can certainly can agree to disagree. I don't mind getting dissed every now and again. That's part of the fun and why I like this board. I don't mind the assertive folks being assertive or expressing their opinions, I just wish they were less rude.

Don't call me a lying, bald-head, 'con using, MTGing, coochie creme loving 'B' in one post and then try to get all "ed-u-ma-cated" and say you didn't in another post. :lachen:

....And NO, I'm not gonna let it go 'til the situation has been properly addressed. Those that know what I'm talking about, know what I'm talking about!

Last edited:
so1913 said:
Nah....like Bubblin' stated (not in these words), this was just a thread to let people vent what they can't stand and what irks them about other members in a "structured" and "indirect" kinda way....

Even though the intention of the thread I do believe was malicious. It's been a topic before here a long time ago and went the same route. You may intentionally think it's simply about "unpopular opinions that work" but it had it's hidden agenda which was successfully executed (and those who saw the thread on the other board knew EXACTLY where this was going...).

I do agree with those that say they are just peoples opinions, they are free to have them and we shouldn't get all worked up over them. You don't know these folks, they don't know you. I ain't no saint, I laughed at a couple of them...shoot, I share some of those opinions myself, just as well as I may fit into the category of the "unpopular" opinions. Maybe cause I been around on hair boards long enough and have pretty much seen it all, it just doesn't phase me emotionally. As in bad taste as the thread may be, there will ALWAYS be someone who care much for what you do for whatever reasons they may have and you gotta be ready to suck that up when you "put your business out there" I will say. But, it has nothing to do with you trying to meet your hair goals. Let them bask in their glory for "telling you like it is" direct or indirectly, and you do you.

Happy hair growing!!!

Why do you feel it was malicious?

~Nigeria~ said:
Why do you feel it was malicious?

Because of the historical pattern this type of post always takes. If you've seen it before, you know where the topic is heading. Just my opinion ;)

BabyImaStarr said:
I don't know about anyone esle, but I keep my fotki for my own records. I don't see why it would matter how many times a person updates or how many pictures of the back of their own head they have in their own album. It is for their records. The rest of us have the option of looking... or not :ohwell:
Me too! I agree with what you said above. :up:

so1913 said:
Because of the historical pattern this type of post always takes. If you've seen it before, you know where the topic is heading. Just my opinion ;)

That still does not support your argument that the thread was created for malicious purposes.

Perhaps you are trying to say that the OP intentionally created the thread to cause trouble?

Does it directly infer that if one creates a thread topic that previously caused havoc on LHCF then it must be true that their intent was malicious?

Either way you're assuming that the OP created her thread being fully aware of the "historical pattern this type of post always takes" which may or may not have been the case.

Last edited:
Parvathi said:
That still does not support your argument that the thread was created for malicious purposes.

Perhaps you are trying to say that the OP intentionally createdthe thread to cause trouble?

Either way you're assuming that the OP was previously aware of the "historical pattern this type of post always takes" which may or may not have been the case.

This is why I put "I believe" and "my opinion" and why I felt this way....you are right, my assumptions...I can't speak as to fact, no. Just my thoughts. I think I clearly stated what my opinion is and what I meant in my original post.

Last edited:
Parvathi said:

Perhaps you are trying to say that the OP intentionally createdthe thread to cause trouble?

Either way you're assuming that the OP was previously aware of the "historical pattern this type of post always takes" which may or may not have been the case.
I think so1913 was talking about her experience...she wasn't really saying the original poster of the thread 'knew better'.

Parvathi said:
Perhaps you are trying to say that the OP intentionally created the thread to cause trouble?

Does it directly infer that if one creates a thread topic that previously caused havoc on LHCF then it must be true that their intent was malicious?

Either way you're assuming that the OP created her thread being fully aware of the "historical pattern this type of post always takes" which may or may not have been the case.
With all due respect, if the OP was okay with So1913 answer, why not just move on? Why 'try' to make something out of nothing? :look:

MzTami said:
With all due respect, if the OP was okay with So1913 answer, why not just move on? Why 'try' to make something out of nothing? :look:

It's all good girlie. I don't mind the questions that may come. I made my comments, so I put myself out there to be addressed re: them.

Letitia said:
First of all, I must say if my comment hurt anyone feelings, I am more than willing to say sorry for that. I think sometimes if you don’t’ type a book you might get misunderstood. I think this is the point here. Maybe what I said came off harsh. My Point is.....There are a lot of ladies here who don’t have hair down to theirs butt. They have good advice just like the longhaired ladies. I feel like sometimes some of their comments get missed because people only pay attention to people with long hair. (or their post get looked over) If you have healthy hair, I pay attention. I might find something that will help me. I love to read post from Honey Dew, Bubblnbrown, SO1913, and a few ladies I can’t think of the names right now. All I am saying is, I will read what they are saying and not just ignore it because I don’t see hair down to their butts. I am interested in healthy. I am sure if a few of these ladies were to straighten their hair it would be really long. (not saying you need to)

So no, my intent was not to call out anyone. I love looking at the ladies with long hair also. (Sistaslick, Candy_C, and of course you Macherieamour). I have long hair. I just want to make sure mine stays Healthy. So maybe that is what I should have typed the first time to make myself clear.

That's what I was thinking. If someone's hair is in a V-shape and the point of their V is bra-strap--I would consider that bra strap. :yep:

sareca said:
I think some of that stuff needed to be said. Personally I don't mind 20 strands below BS, or a thousand passwords, but I like knowing it peeves other people. I also liked knowing who shares who's mentality. That was beyond cool. I was like, whoa, people here are even grumpy about that same stuff I'm grumpy about. That's cool, right? I felt closer to the board. I realize I'm in the minority on this one, but I'm also sure somebody is going :yep: as they read along.

same, i mean we gotta vent somewhere! maybe now some of us have released our demons in there that we can now be smiley happy people again

Last edited:
I don't know what this is all about:confused: But I will say the girl who started this thread showl has purdy hair! I thought that was the point to all this madness keep hair healthy and pretty:confused:

Still don't know what the hell I'm commenting on. But, I will say what's important to others ain't important to everybody:ohwell:

OT
I think I found my long lost twin...The girl with the blonde hair.:lol:

Anyways carry on;)

Edited becauase I was typing while turkey holding :look:

Last edited:
Here is unpopular for you.

I do not apologize for telling the truth as I see it.

Macherieamour, I have no beef with you. But since you are the OP, I will address you directly. The tone of this thread is more than a little <pot.kettle.black> considering that it's more passive aggressive in calling people out than the first thread. Creating this thread to talk about the other thread, yielded the same result you say you are saddened by.

I won't tell anybody to stop being sensitive, because I realize it is condescending and inflammatory. I will put this out there though - The truth may be a painful thing to hear, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Candy_C said:
same, i mean we gotta vent somewhere! maybe now some of us have released our demons in there that we can now be simley happy people again
:grin: <---- Smiley people.

:sekret: *while 'smiley' is throwing up a diversion, 'the detective' has gone to work cutting off 6 inches of Candy C's gawgus hair so I can fashion a home-made weave....*

I did make a comment that people may have taken offense to about 3 or 4 strands at bra strap length is not considered long. I truly apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings. Someone posted if my 1 strand can make it to brastrap, then why not work to make the others? It was to that effect I guess. But it made me think... wow that's true. And I am again sorry if anyone took offense to that because we are definitely here to help each other out, not to make fun of each other. I don't know why I did that, but I still stand firm on my pantene pro-v and prepooing statement lol

sareca said:
I think some of that stuff needed to be said. Personally I don't mind 20 strands below BS, or a thousand passwords, but I like knowing it peeves other people. I also liked knowing who shares who's mentality. That was beyond cool. I was like, whoa, people here are even grumpy about that same stuff I'm grumpy about. That's cool, right? I felt closer to the board. I realize I'm in the minority on this one, but I'm also sure somebody is going :yep: as they read along.

I'm going :yep: right now. I totally agree.

But lately, I don't know what it is, I feel like I have to put on my thick skin everytime I come here. No MATTER what you say someone is going to get offended.

Mach, I honestly don't think no one was trying to make a comment about you or your regimen. No offense to anyone but if Mach told me to put toilet water in my hair I would do it! (j/k, halfway). Don't worry girl, just keep on growing!:D

MzTami said:

I'm not Ok with the answer. There's no sense in beating a dead horse.

Candy_C said:
same, i mean we gotta vent somewhere! maybe now some of us have released our demons in there that we can now be simley happy people again

I do feel better. :) I have NO hard feelings toward anyone. I think it was a good thread and this one is too. :yep: We all have our own way of talking stuff out. If the straight confrontation is not your thing then maybe this is. Say what's on your mind (in whatever way suits you) and let's get back to growin' some hair.

I see I miss a lot of "fun" when I don't come on during the weekends. The "offending" post is too long for me to look through it now but I got the basic gist. I'm sorry it upset some...that's too bad :( That seems to be happening a lot lately.

All I want to say is...I really wish we would all just let and let live. GOOD LAWD it's just hair. Who is is hurting if somebody believes one thing and 14,000 other people believe another. Who cares?! :ohwell: OY!

I remember an old member on here telling me I wasn't at bra strap because my hair is in natural layers so the longest layers were brastrap BUT the rest was about shoulders, etc. I was like "Girl, get a life. Who cares?!" So basically people with layered hair, with the longest layer touching waist length are not really waist length. Whatever! It was all jealousy...

I say...just let it go if you have been offended (you don't know them from Eve and they don't know you)...either say/or think "PISS OFF!" Then move on... lol

IT'S ONLY HAIR!!!! Meaning lets not KILL eachother over it. Does it hurt YOU if they believe a certain way about THEIR HAIR? Or do a certain thing with THEIR HAIR? NO?! Then...

Last edited:
sunnyjohn said:
:grin: <---- Smiley people.

:sekret: *while 'smiley' is throwing up a diversion, 'the detective' has gone to work cutting off 6 inches of Candy C's gawgus hair so I can fashion a home-made weave....*

lol u joka!!

hey ITS JUST SHOWS HOW MUCH WE HAVE PASSION EH? EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?!

NOW LETS CHEER UP AND STOP THIS SILLYNESS

WITHOUT PASSION THERE IS NO LOVE!!!

JCoily said:
Here is unpopular for you.

I do not apologize for telling the truth as I see it.

Macherieamour, I have no beef with you. But since you are the OP, I will address you directly. The tone of this thread is more than a little <pot.kettle.black> considering that it's more passive aggressive in calling people out than the first thread. Creating this thread to talk about the other thread, yielded the same result you say you are saddened by.

I won't tell anybody to stop being sensitive, because I realize it is condescending and inflammatory. I will put this out there though - The truth may be a painful thing to hear, but that doesn't make it any less true.

JC,

I hear you and can appreciate that. I was actually just thinking how hypocritical it was in the end. Sigh…I jut hope you can see what I was trying to say, even if I didn’t articulate/structure it well…..

MizaniMami said:
I'm going :yep: right now. I totally agree.

But lately, I don't know what it is, I feel like I have to put on my thick skin everytime I come here. No MATTER what you say someone is going to get offended.

Mach, I honestly don't think no one was trying to make a comment about you or your regimen. No offense to anyone but if Mach told me to put toilet water in my hair I would do it! (j/k, halfway). Don't worry girl, just keep on growing!:D

Thank you girl! And I know exactly what you're talking about with the toilet water. I'd be lookin' at the toilet like "dang, I dunno 'bout this one." :lachen: But I wouldn't immediately disregard it. I regret it took me so long to take her Keracare recommendations.

Parvathi said:
Big arse co-sign.

I read the thread and alot of those suggestions needed to be said. I would only make one request and say that folks should specify WHO they are referring to so that everyone else doesn't have to wonder "is it me they're speaking about?"

I did not venture into the original thread, but when I read this post, I had to respond.... I don't even listen to rap, but when I read this, the chorus from Three 6 Mafia came to my mind:
"There's some cowards in this thang, if you see em point em out!":lachen:

In other words, I'm of the school that appreciates going right to the source, in the open, and calling it out. Now if the matter is of a delicate and extremely personal nature and requires some discretion, then we can take it to the PM, but since it's supposedly "only hair" (as I have heard said on this board many times over--and do not agree with, BTW), then it really shouldn't be that deep, right?;)

And I'm not saying there are cowards here, I'm just saying say it loud and say it proud!

RelaxerRehab said:
I did not venture into the original thread, but when I read this post, I had to respond.... I don't even listen to rap, but when I read this, the chorus from Three 6 Mafia came to my mind:

In other words, I'm of the school that appreciates going right to the source, in the open, and calling it out. Now if the matter is of a delicate and extremely personal nature and requires some discretion, then we can take it to the PM, but since it's supposedly "only hair" (as I have heard said on this board many times over--and do not agree with, BTW), then it really shouldn't be that deep, right?;)

And I'm not saying there are cowards here, I'm just saying say it loud and say it proud!

Co-sign. Co-sign. Cosign :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

We are here to help each other and as JCoily eloquently stated, sometimes the truth hurts and for the most part, its for our own good!

Stop :look: and :ohwell: and :cry3: over open-minded responses and start being grateful that the ladies on here are telling you like it is! :yep:

I just read the original thread.

The thread was called unpopular...No offense OP, but come on! The title explained itself. I read a whole bunch of junk I've thought in my head:confused:

It wasn't to call anybody out cuz a good portion of folx in the thread had 16 inches or more of hair.

Maybe I'm missing something:confused: No one should be hurt or dissapointed:confused:

JG steps out of thread in search of monkey boo-boo for stimulation of hair growth.:lachen:

JamericanGurl said:
JG steps out of thread in search of monkey boo-boo for stimulation of hair growth.:lachen:

It's called monkey ball sweat now get it right!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm SO hurt and offended right now JG :cry: :cry: :cry:

RelaxerRehab said:

And I'm not saying there are cowards here, I'm just saying say it loud and say it proud![/quote]

Imma keep it real here, everyone keeps saying that but nobody really wants none. The minute people start calling names a thread will be closed and everyone will be hollering "childish."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back