Saddened by the Unpopular Hair Opinions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dynamic1 said:
:confused: Ladies, how are some of these responses good examples of uplifting the sisterhood? How did the beautiful sisters turn this around into something positive? I do not think macherieamour intended for this thread to go in this direction either.

The lesson here is, do not disagree, or speak negatively about other people's hair care practices. If you do, you may be an insensitive, malicious, negative, insecure, ugly, slick bashing hater. You are a person who enjoys drama, so stop bringing down the sisterhood. Leave the hair alone or your intelligence, spirit, and personality are fair game.

:whip: If someone slaps us, forget about turning the other cheek, I guess we should shoot her! So what if they try to apologize or clear up any miscommunication (which some of the sisters attempted to do).

What happened to taking it PM? This was suggested quite a few times, somewhere in the midst of the condescension.

Disclaimer: This post was not intended to hurt anyone's feelings. It was written in humor and not in outrage. I like the term "slick bashing" and I LOL when I read it." Some of the unpopular opinions actually applied to me but I did not take them seriously. I will wear my bun faithfully and proud. :lachen:

"Slick bashing" is southern term used here in the south. Some of the sistah's here will surely call you out and do a "sistah check.":lol:

I did not mean that the beautiful sisters try to turn negative comments into something positive just for this thread only. I meant through out the whole forum, in regards to those who lie in wait for the opportunity to express negativity, it is the beautiful sisters who step up and try to deflate the negativity. I thing this exemplifies true sisterhood. :)

The whole post is basically about being saddened by the way the other forum took a turn for the worst. I am glad Moncharieamour created this post to address it and I applaud her for doing so.

I am hoping we can now lose all the drama and move on to achieving our hair goals.

Last edited:
You know, when I joined this site I thought wow, this is the very first time that I've seen sistahs come together in a positive way and help one another...the first time sharing and caring, helping. I just hope that all of the positive people won't jump ship and leave the website. We need each other. Come on y'all, let's continue being positive and caring. Like I said, it was the first time I have ever heard of such a positive sharing group of sistahs. Let's move on.

This ends the discourse on unpopular hair opinions. The original thread has been removed from view pending review as to whether leaving it visible causes more harm than good. Everyone's input is appreciated, and hopefully, if nothing else, more thought and consideration will be given to the words we put out in the open and their impact upon each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back