Reunited...You broke up with an old favorite & now y'all got back together..

MonaLisa

I was a fool to ever leave your side
Me minus you is such a lonely ride
That breakup we had
Has made me lonesome and sad
I realize I love you
'Cause I want you back
Hey, hey

Okay....I am entering week 9 post touch up and it feels more like 12 weeks...and I was quite ready to throw in the towel and relax. The tangling and ish was starting to work my..nerves:mad:

But I was standing in the bathroom and it hit me...before I reach for the creamy crack....look back...(that rhymed):look:

I was like...break out the old pastime...World of Curls! I had some in a small spray bottle...I sprayed my new growth...sprayed it on my ends and any areas where I had finger combed to ease the tangling. I pinned my hair up, slapped a baseball cap on and went and ran my errands.

I then pre-pood with my White Rain and V05 Tea Therapy - then broke out the old pastime....Green Label CON shampoo.

Making sure I had my hair in 4 braids, washing and conditioning was sooooooooo much better!! My new growth softened out and I lost less hair, with less tangling than I have had in weeks!:eek:

I used World of Curls and CON poo before I found this board....I have no idea why I stopped. :confused: But I think re-implementing these two products will definitely help me stretch a bit longer and get me through the hard (hair) times:)

Anyone break up with old favorites that got you through the hard times...and now y'all done worked it out and got back together?

What are they? Maybe it's products that we may have used or never considered using that might become new favorites for someone else to try.

*sits down some iced tea and mini-sweet potato pies from the chicken spot on the corner on the table*

ME ME ME!!!

I broke up with my Profectiv Break Cure and now we're back in love :kissing4:

Girl pass me some sweet potoatoes and fried chicken... I'm sooooo cooking this the coming week now

MsDee4 said:
ME ME ME!!!

I broke up with my Profectiv Break Cure and now we're back in love :kissing4:

Girl pass me some sweet potoatoes and fried chicken... I'm sooooo cooking this the coming week now

:lol: ....I'm glad y'all worked things out!!

I got PIE girl...PIE! and I found some chicken:p ...

mini_spp.jpg
GRANDMA02_655_cl_2_325x216.JPG

Lets see

I broke up with con (green), hot six oil, cholesterol conditioners and kemi oil. Now we are back in love all over again.

I broke up with my care free curl gold instant activator/moisturizer. :cry3:Why o why did I leave u? It's all good though because we are back together 4 ever.:D This stuff has scurl beat, it is sooooo moisturizing.....hey u neva miss a good thing till its gone.;)

Last edited:
Giovanni Direct!!

I used it for about a year, and then I thought it stopped working so I did away with it. I was mad at it so I cheated with Rusk, Elasta, and others. I was such a dirty skank. :::hangs head in shame::

But Giovanni is so patient and loving...he came sashaying back into my life and asked for another chance...I had my doubts...I thought I knew what Giovanni was all about, and I wanted no parts of it.

But those sweet whispers haunted me...so I gave in and gave Giovanni another chance...and now, we're happily married. I won't be straying again. Giovanni does me better than all the others combined. :love:

I broke up with Kemi oil about 6 years ago. I fell back in love about 4 days ago. I can't believe I ever left it!:D

Divine Inspiration said:
Giovanni Direct!!

I used it for about a year, and then I thought it stopped working so I did away with it. I was mad at it so I cheated with Rusk, Elasta, and others. I was such a dirty skank. :::hangs head in shame::

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

vivacious1083 said:
I broke up with Kemi oil about 6 years ago. I fell back in love about 4 days ago. I can't believe I ever left it!:D

awwwwwwwwww....that's sweet:p

Random:

Why do I feel like singing "Everlasting Love?"

Hearts go astray
Leaving hurt when they go
I went away
Just when you needed me so
Filled with regret
I come back beggin you
Forgive, forget
Wheres the love we once knew?

Open up your eyes
Then youll realize
Here stand with my
Everlasting love
Need you by my side
Want to be your bride
Youll never be denied
Everlasting love
From the very start
Open up your heart
Be a lasting part of
Everlasting love

When lifes river flows
No one really knows
Till someones there to show
The way to lasting love
Like the sun that shines
You always will be mine
Its eternal love
When the other loves are gone
Ours will be strong
We have our very own
Everlasting love

Open up your eyes
Then youll realize
Here I stand with my
Everlasting love
Need you by my side
Want to be your bride
Youll never be denied
Everlasting love
From the very start
Be a lasting part of
Everlasting love

Open up your eyes
Then youll realize
Here I stand with my
Everlasting love
Need you by my side
Want to be your bride
Youll never be denied
Everlasting love

*okay, that was a bit much....*

Last edited:
MonaLisa said:
:lol: ....I'm glad y'all worked things out!!

I got PIE girl...PIE! and I found some chicken:p ...

mini_spp.jpg
GRANDMA02_655_cl_2_325x216.JPG

Hahahha, I want some!! :grin:

CON green I had kinda kicked to the curb for a little while because I got distracted with some other poos. Then I found myself investing in detanglers for post wash comb outs. When I went back to CON I noticed a huge difference. I will never stray again, I promise!

Divine Inspiration said:
Giovanni Direct!!

But Giovanni is so patient and loving...he came sashaying back into my life and asked for another chance...I had my doubts...I thought I knew what Giovanni was all about, and I wanted no parts of it.

But those sweet whispers haunted me...so I gave in and gave Giovanni another chance...and now, we're happily married. I won't be straying again. Giovanni does me better than all the others combined. :love:

OMG, what a funny post!! I have to admit, I am definitely in the cheating phase with my Giovanni Direct. Now I love my Rusk Smoother & BB Oil Moisturizer for airdrying, I just don't know exactly where to fit the Giovanni in. One of these days we will have to re-unite. In the meantime, I move it around from under the sink to my product cabinet, and back again, I just don't know quite what to do with it. :look:

Priestess said:
Hahahha, I want some!! :grin:

CON green I had kinda kicked to the curb for a little while because I got distracted with some other poos. Then I found myself investing in detanglers for post wash comb outs. When I went back to CON I noticed a huge difference. I will never stray again, I promise!

Co-signing....I guess I had to leave it for a little while to remember how doggone good it is...ain't nuttin like da CON!:p

For me, Profectiv Relaxer. When I joined the board, I dropped it and let the newbie Pjism kick in and I tried every other relaxer under the sun. My hair suffered. I am back to my old favorite now. :D

Priestess said:
OMG, what a funny post!! I have to admit, I am definitely in the cheating phase with my Giovanni Direct. Now I love my Rusk Smoother & BB Oil Moisturizer for airdrying, I just don't know exactly where to fit the Giovanni in. One of these days we will have to re-unite. In the meantime, I move it around from under the sink to my product cabinet, and back again, I just don't know quite what to do with it. :look:

Now see, you're gonna mess around and catch something fooling with all those others...they only leave you broken and damaged. You're so precious, and Giovanni just wants to take care of you. He can't make you love him.

Priestess said:

I love giovanni! What I do is squirt a little giovanni and a little ORS olive oil moisturizer in the palm of my hand and mix it together, then apply it to my hair. I figure I'm getting the best of both worlds cuz my hair loves this combo! plus I'm in the PJ use it up challenge :lol:
Try mixing it with the BB oil moisturizer :yep:

Divine Inspiration said:
Now see, you're gonna mess around and catch something fooling with all those others...they only leave you broken and damaged. You're so precious, and Giovanni just wants to take care of you. He can't make you love him.

Man oh man, you guys are killin me!!:lol: :lol: :lachen: :lachen:

Talking bout cheating and all kinds of thangs...y'all are too much!!:lol:

Priestess said:
Y'all are too much!! I take your advice, Divine Inspiration and Amr, I'll fit the Giovanni in someway somehow!

That's right, girl...he may be an option now, but you'll be sprung soon. He's gonna put it on you like he did me. The moisture, the ingredients, the texture...I've had thoughts about Giovanni that I don't know what to do with.

Divine Inspiration said:
That's right, girl...he may be an option now, but you'll be sprung soon. He's gonna put it on you like he did me. The moisture, the ingredients, the texture...I've had thoughts about Giovanni that I don't know what to do with.

Wow, what a lover, that Giovanni knows how to treat ladies right!! :lachen:

Divine Inspiration said:

Stopppppppppp....play.........inggggggggggggggggggggg....

Well me and MegaTek been ALL hugged up lately. :kissing4:It was my fault we fell out. I was trying to 'use it up', but I had to toss those losers. They were just messin' wit my head.

Me and Tek, we good now. Huh, baby? :kiss2:

Last edited:
I was using CON as a kid:eek: and back then I wasn't old enough to understand the moisture that CON can put on a sista.

Now Imma grown *** woman and can handle every bit of moisture CON throws my way.:grin:

LocksOfLuV said:
I was using CON as a kid:eek: and back then I wasn't old enough to understand the moisture that CON can put on a sista.

Now Imma grown *** woman and can handle every bit of moisture CON throws my way.:grin:

Ummm, what's CON? My Internet search returned strange things.:confused:

Optimum Care Moisture Replenish Creme Hairdress. (White creamy one)

I stopped using this when I first joined and read how bad Mineral Oil. I kicked it to the curb quick! My hair started acting a fool on me. I finally said, forget all this mineral oil mess. I have to use what works for me. I make sure not to put products made with mineral oil on my scalp.

*we have been happy together since.* :)
---------------------------------------------------------------
Off Topic: I just love this thread. You all have made me smile. giggles.

Letitia said:
Cream Of Nature (shampoo)

Thank YOU! :rosebud: I can usually figure these out pretty quickly, but that one had me. I'd convinced myself the product was called "green label." :ohwell:

sareca said:
Thank YOU! :rosebud: I can usually figure these out pretty quickly, but that one had me. I'd convinced myself the product was called "green label." :ohwell:

anytime. yw.:)

LocksOfLuV said:

eye-popping.gif

Banane20.gif

Back