Broke Up....Now We're Back Together????

my ashas' naturals products. I was tired of waiting for 1 month sometimes 1 month and a half for products..but I really love her line.
So I placed an order, forgot about it and when I got it, it was a surprise :)
great thread!

Yea, me and Elasta QP are back at it again. He even gets "nightstand status" with my sandalwood comb.

For about a year or two I stopped using Dominican hair products. One day I decided to start using them again. I figured out that they were cheaper on my budget, didn't have to pay shipping fees, and my hair loves it.

Hey T :wave:

Technique: Shampooing more often...I think my hair loves this
Product: I think I will go back to HE LTR condish

hmmmmi think i can say this about oyin shine and define. this used to be a staple for me but i fell off using it. i just got finished using it for braids on dry hair for a braid out and i cant wait to see how it looks and feels in the morning.

I bought Ojon's Revitalizing Mist a few months ago, tried it for a while and promptly put it down because I wasn't overly happy with it. Picked up again recently and it is working a dream in my nearly 4 month post hair. My new growth is beautifully soft, I can easily get my fingers through it. The only problem is you (read I) can get through a bottle quite quickly, so if I go ahead and repurchase I'll have to get the jumbo size which is like £28 *sigh*

I remember the very first conditioner I bought on my HHJ was Kerastase Masquintense, I enjoyed it for a while then put it down to use other products which I felt was better. However after trying it again a few months back I realise that it actually is a very very good condish and it smells so beautiful. Will definitely be repurchasing as I've run out now.

Simplicity and I just got back together.

I left it for cassia, shikakai powder, heenara powder, overdoses of hot oil treatments, co-washing, no poo'ing, JBCO, moisture/protein "balancing", and the works.

Now I'm back to basics again. Hair feels the same.

Lustrasilk Olive Oil or Shea Mango for styling, Lots and LOTS of cowashing, Twist Outs or conditioner only super low manip wash-n-gos...

Basically my first year natural. No combing, lots of cowashing, low manip once out of the shower. Spritzing and going. :] Oh, and occasional protein to set off the wash and gos. cowashing with Giovanni SAS seems to work nicely.

i stopped using s-curl for the longest time but discovered it again do to the ladies of lhcf i i cant believe i ever stopped its the best thing that ever happened to my hair ever!

Early On....My Wide Tooth Comb and I had broken up due attempting to 'follow' a low/no manipulation during stretching and not properly finger detangling which lead to SSK's.:look:

Da' Comb and I made up quickly and now I don't have those sorts of problems or frustrations by lightly combing through any potential hazzards before they become detrimental to my overall progress.:yep:

Giovanni Direct ("Gio") and I fell off after a passionate beginning, but we remained friends with bennies. Well guess who called me last night! I think we're back on again. . .

I broke up with my Elise Lace Front for a month (or more), But I couldn't resist her touch so I dusted her off and put her on today :D AHHHHH.

Now I realize I need to dust off some of those ponytails cause I need a do that isn't touching my neck with the heat I am going to be feeling.

My kpak liquid recon treated me so nice but I started fooling around with other products. We are now back talkn

Last edited:
I was in a long term relationship with grease, the hot comb, blow drier, and all that CD's hair crap. Then I cheated on my hair about 2 and half years ago with quality products such as EO oils and natural vegetable butters. Sometimes when I past by the CD store in the mall I miss the way it smelled and felt against my scalp, but it misled me too many times to every go back.

I broke up with coconut oil, but I had a one night stand with it last week. I still don't know what to think of it.

About 5 or so year ago, I meet this great conditioner! But for some reason, I got bored with him and decided to test the waters with some all natural conditioners. Well, I was in a BBS the other day and ran into him! He's everything I remembered and more...so we're back together and I'm never letting him go! :love5: His name is:

Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream.

I stopped using Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioning cream for a while after hearing all of the complaints about the cone in it that's impossible to wash out. But it gives me the best twists/twistouts I've ever had and the definition lasts for days! Plus, no breakage or tangles.

I had quit Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea. He hadn't done anything wrong - I just had a wandering eye:yep: He hollered at me in June when I was at Sally's, and we've been tight ever since.

If he continues to do what he do, we'll never part again!!!

I broke up with coconut oil, but I had a one night stand with it last week. I still don't know what to think of it.

Girl dont feel bad...I had a threesome with Suave coconut conditioner and Herbal Essence LTR leave-in...like this :kisses:..and the very next day I had a one night stand with ORS hair lotion...:kissing4:

I think tonight I'll have a foursome with Care Free Curl Gold, blue magic coconut, and Mane N tail detangler...:grouphug:
:saythat:

:look::look::look:...Dont judge me!:poledancer:

V05 Strawberries and Cream. Tried it out for cowashing when I first started HHJ last year and my hair didn't seem to like it. My hair was shedding and ends shattering/crumbling/breaking off big time then. After trying other candidates like Organix Coconut Milk which made my hair so hard I was wet-combing small tangled clumps out of my head, I went running back. With the proper base of prepoo/wash con or poo/DCing during the week, I now cowash with Strawberries and Cream with fantastic silky results. In retrospect, the V05 probably wasn't the culprit - perhaps my hair was just so damaged that, with the new attention I was paying to it, it went berzerk!

V05 conditioner to cowash wasn't all that in the beginning. I really just didn't like it. Now I love to use it for cowashing henna out of my hair. My hair feels so soft and silky. I also like to use it to moisturize my hair.
Castor oil, I used it faithfully in the beginning mixed with a little EVCO. I then started wearing my hair in cornrows under my half wigs a lot and was using my shea butter mix. I kind of forgot about my castor oil. I went back to and I love it again.

I cheated on FSP for PC. Everyone was raving about PC, so when I ran out of FSP I bought some. I like the PC alot. It leave my hair very soft, and silky, but FSP is my first love and a lot cheaper than PC. I am going back to the FSP. It left my hair feeling great as well.

Mebco Shower comb, I have always loved my comb. I cheated on it with the Conair shower comb, and fell in love with it. I just stopped using it. Then one day I went back to my Mebco comb and love it again. I use them both now when I'm in the shower. The Mebco can get tangles out the Conair one will miss.

Braiding my hair for washing. I now do this when I have a lot of NG about 8 weeks in my stretch. It really helps to keep the tangles at bay. Love the technique.

I broke up with Aphogee green tea and kertin reconstructer.. Iono why ..we just stopped seeing eye to eye... he's back now.. and he seem's to have some act right in his system...

Scurl and I have been having our love affair since we broke up the first time..what can I say... I can't keep my hands offa him :look:

Elasta QP mango butter ... we broke while I was relaxed..He tried to come back..and we broke up again... I'm thinkin about giving him another try....

Shea Butter... :look: he's there.. he's just on the sideline as usual

I broke up with kerastase cause he was just too high maintenance for my pocket. I was missing his smooth, silky touch and feel though. With the other cheap brothers I got what I paid for. Now he's got me wrapped around his fingers and I'm willing to pay the price as long as he keeps being good to me.

I broke up with kerastase cause he was just too high maintenance for my pocket. I was missing his smooth, silky touch and feel though. With the other cheap brothers I got what I paid for. Now he's got me wrapped around his fingers and I'm willing to pay the price as long as he keeps being good to me.

Me Too!:grin: I paid Top $ for Keratase Oleo Relax and Swore I'd never pay that kinda money again......then last week.........I ended up ordering Keratase Masquintense.:blush:

So, I Totally feel Ya':rolleyes:

Back