Y'all weren't lying about aloe vera juice!

I have an expired AVJ in the fridge I just use it for my hair. I don't see any problems doing that with it. Anybody see an issue with using expired AVJ on your hair?

I have an expired AVJ in the fridge I just use it for my hair. I don't see any problems doing that with it. Anybody see an issue with using expired AVJ on your hair?

I guess its ok as long as u don't drink it.

This is exactly why I only use Aloe Vera Gel! It last a lot longer

@ycj1 and other ladies that use aloe vera gel. I have been using this under QB Burdock root for twist. I put the gel in my hair at least 4x a week maybe more while co-washing 2x a week. Do you think I can get protein over load from the gel or any other mishaps?

ETA:
againstallodds yes it detangles the same for me. I like the gel better because of the texture. I get the gallon from GNC for $15.00. I also use it in my protein shakes. :look:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=25293

So do you mix the juice with your conditioner or alone on the hair. Is this after a shampoo or part of a conditioner wash? I want to try it but I don't want hard hair.

So I Bought My Aloe Vera Gel About 10 Months Ago And Have Been Using It Off And On In A Spritz. I Keep It In The Refrigerator & The Expiration Date Is For 4/12. Does That Two Week Eime Frame Apply For The Gel As Well?

If it's a true gel and it has stabilizers in it, it should be fine. Gel and juice are sometimes interchanged incorrectly. Check the ingredients to see if there is anything else in it. Watch the color and scent of it, if it's brown or smells then it's time to toss it. Granted you are not ingesting it, but like our makeup, there are things we should toss and don't because we don't see the inherent risks. hth!

Sent from my Xoom using Xoom

Mine has " Citric acid (pH stabilizer)" added to it. It lasts a LOT longer than two weeks after it's opened.

I buy a gallon at a time and ingest it and apply it to my hair.

Yep! Citric acid (same as using lemon jiuce) will make the solutions last longer refrigerated.

Sent from my Xoom using Xoom

@ycj1 and other ladies that use aloe vera gel. I have been using this under QB Burdock root for twist. I put the gel in my hair at least 4x a week maybe more while co-washing 2x a week. Do you think I can get protein over load from the gel or any other mishaps?

ETA:
againstallodds yes it detangles the same for me. I like the gel better because of the texture. I get the gallon from GNC for $15.00. I also use it in my protein shakes. :look:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=25293
My hair loves protein but that is my hair! I cannot say or predict yr hair and what it likes but would assume if you moisturize on a regular along with sealing yr ends I can't see a problem.

@ycj1 Hi there! Just wondering, does it have the same detangling properties as AVJ?
No science geek, but from my experienc with the gel it does better on my hair than the juice ever did. I tried the kimmaytube lv-in and hated it on my hair along with the kkknot today and it did nothing but using the gel after I wash along with concentrating as well on my ends my hair is so silky and smooth all the way down to the very ends. But I also use a moisturizing lv-in like the Honey hair moist. creme and seal with oil/s.
It is definitely a difference, at least on my hair.

As far as detangling, I detangle with my fingers so I can actually feel the difference in my hair as far as knots on the ends and the texture seems more smoother than using a comb.

Last edited:
I've been using aloe vera juice as a leave-in for a while now, and I usually spray it on damp or wet hair to help with detangling. Today I saturated my dry hair with aloe + water and then put some coconut oil on top and OMG!!! I was able to detangle my whole head in about 30 minutes!!! My normal detangling time is 2 hours so this is awesome!

Mind you, I normally go through it 3 times and this time I only did one round, but still. If I could finish the first round in 30 minutes, I'm sure I could do all 3 in under an hour. I'm so happy.:grin:

Back