Relaxer Stretchers Support Thread

Heading into week 14 and I want a relaxer like nobody's business!!! I'm out of HE conditioner and Kera Care Humecto...:wallbash:...I'm actually pretty tired of both of these, anyone have any other co-wash con and DC con they recommend?? I'm going to Sally's in a few to do some shopping.

Stretching is the only way to go for me. You can really see results from it!

I've just had a re-touch today after a 14 week stretch, hair feels so good! I'm going to stretch out the next one until at least 16 weeks, because I could have gone on longer really.

Thanks girlie. Yeah, I think this is true. I have a CHI and I just bought this Tressemme (sp) blow dryer on sale at Ulta. It's pretty damn good. I like it a lot for what. . .$25 lol. Plus it lights up blue a little and looks really cool :giggle: I just have an issue getting my hair too dry and fluffy when I blowdry. Tonight it went better and it turned out much sleeker than ever.

I don't like blow drying and flat ironing but it MUST be done past week 12. Sometimes I let it airdry and then flat iron. I think I might start doing that and just blowing out the roots.

My FHI is amazing. :yep: It doesn't come with a blow dryer attachment and the nozzle is so big that I have not found one that fits :ohwell: which has forced me to become more skilled with a comb or brush while drying with the other hand. Still the dryer gets so warm that my hair still straightens very nicely. I used to use my Yellowbird or something dryer from Sally's and I got the big fluffy hair that looked like I had done nothing. This is WITH a dryer attachment. :perplexed So the FHI is really awesome. It's kind of expensive but I got it on doorbuster at Trade Secret this past Christmas for less than $65 including tax. :woohoo:

WELL, I relax tomorrow. I AM SO HYPED!!!! :yay::yay:

I just finished a 14 week stretch. I miss my new growth soooo much! I'm not relaxing again until June 29th (my birthday). I hope I have a lot of new growth then.

I applied a texturizer today. This ends my eight month stretch! I never thought I could go this long without braids, but I am oh so happy I did...the growth I gained was amazing! Because I will have three textures now, I will not stretch as long...but I am going for another 16 weeker. Good luck to all you ladies who are stretching!!

I am 16 weeks post and will be relaxing next Sunday! I know I could go longer but I will be getting married on April 10th :love4: so I am going go ahead and relax!

Im 8 weeks post right now, and the NEW Growth is fairly soft and managable, im doing 12 weeks. This will be my second stretch to 12 weeks. This time I hope its easier. I implemented pre-poo using Hairveda Moist Cond Pro. I tried this last time I wash and I like the results. So im going to try it again this today when I wash. 4 more weeks to go.

Last edited:
Today I am 10 weeks post relaxer and I am so happy I made it this far. Tomorrow my niece will be cornrowing my hair and I will try to keep them in for about 6 weeks at a time.

My original aim was to stretch 16 weeks but I just recently changed my mind and now I want to stretch for a minimum of 26 weeks instead, with the help of braids and cornrows of course. My ultimate aim is to stretch for a total of 32 weeks (7.5 months) doing the Crown & Glory technique, just in time for my sisters big 50th birthday bash.

I have a new regimen that includes hot oil treatments that seem to be keeping my new growth in check somewhat so I think I can make it this time. Ayurveda oils and powders are helping as well, especially my fenugreek tea rinse:yep:.

I'm going for a 20 week stretch, the plan being to be in braids for the last 5 weeks. The longest I've ever gone was 16, so I'm up to a new challenge.

Now that I know about C&G, I am able to use braids to my advantage.

I'm going in tuesday to get a relaxer. I want to say that its been about four months. Maybe five. I can't remember if it was January or December when I got my last relaxer...actually, it was November so that's like what? six months. I don't think that I have very much growth though since it was in the winter months. I guess that I might have three inches in some areas, but I'm thinking that I only have about two inches. I could be wrong.

I'll have to post some starting pics after I get relaxed.

13 weeks post. Things are going well. At the minimum I will go to 17 weeks--May 1st but I'm really thinking I can make it to July 1st. That will be 6 months or 26 wks according to the calendar. I think spring/summer is a good time to stretch because I can add morning cowashes. I cowash 3x/wk in the evening now. I think most likely in May I will add 2 additional cowashes. I will do those in the morning before going to work. Keeping my hair damp or wet and bunned up has worked really worked well in the past. I felt my hair really benefitted from it.

I'm going for a 20 week stretch, the plan being to be in braids for the last 5 weeks. The longest I've ever gone was 16, so I'm up to a new challenge.

Now that I know about C&G, I am able to use braids to my advantage.

I agree Nayeli. the C&G method has been a really great help to me too while stretching my relaxer:yep:. I think I will make an amla tea rinse type moisturizer to spray on my scalp this time. I did it before and it kept my hair very soft and as my hair grew out, my new growth was sooooo pretty too. I'll see what I can come up with...

I relaxed last Friday, and ironically I'm wishing for the new relaxed hair to quickly go. I love the body that I get when I'm several weeks post.

I touched up at 14 weeks; I did 20 weeks previously, which wasn't too problematic. So I'm going to stretch to 16 weeks, then see how I feel.

You're all doing such a wonderful job ladies! :yep: I'll have to be brave and try and do a six month stretch soon, I think I can achieve it.

So Butterfly, where are the update pics sweetie, we been waitin' on you to come back with them for a while now...:grin:. I can't wait to see them:look:.

Hey, I have a housing emergency right now (2 trees fell onto my house) so I haven't been too active here. I'm scheduled to get my highlights touched up on Saturday so if I'm able I'll take pics then (I haven't had highlights in 8 months and it looks too crazy right now for me to post pics). :hair:

Hey, I have a housing emergency right now (2 trees fell onto my house) so I haven't been too active here. I'm scheduled to get my highlights touched up on Saturday so if I'm able I'll take pics then (I haven't had highlights in 8 months and it looks too crazy right now for me to post pics). :hair:

OMG! I can't believe it! Is everyone alright? I pray everything will work out fine with your home. Take care of your business honey, we'll be here when you get back.

i'm 13 weeks post and i'm getting braids this saturday. it's getting to that point... you know, harder and harder to comb with the two textures.

but i have no desire to relax. i think i might be transitioning.

i'm 13 weeks post and i'm getting braids this saturday. it's getting to that point... you know, harder and harder to comb with the two textures.

Braids will definitely help for sure. That's what I'm using to stretch my relaxer longer.

As promised, here's my ayurveda tea spritzer.

I'm wearing my cornrows right now so I made an ayurveda tea spritzer to spray my hair and scalp with for gowth, strength and stimulation. Here's the recipe for my mix:

2 Tbs of amla powder
2 Tbs of brahmi powder
3 Tbs of kalpi tone powder
24 oz of very hot distilled water
6 oz my special oil blend of brahmi, bhringraj, amla, and shikakai oils
50 drops of rosemary essential oil for preservation and scalp stimulation

I steeped the powders in the hot water overnight, wrapped in a towel. This morning I strained it twice using an old stocking cap I have. I mixed in the oils and essential oil and put it in 2 spritzer bottles and will spritz my cornrows, scalp and hair daily with it. I need all the strength and conditioning I can get from these natural powders and oils even while in braids and cornrows.

ETA:
Update: I will need to add more oils to my mixture for a little more moisturizing and more water as the mix seems very concentrated to me. This may be a good thing though for strengthening purposes while in the braids.

good minds think alike:yep:. I am getting braids once our move is complete and can not wait til that day gets here. My plan is to transition with braids too. Good luck to you sweetie.

Well ladies I've held out as long as I can and I've decided that the appt I made to just get a roller set and roots pressed next weekend is actually going to turn into a relaxer. I'll be 2 days shy of 17 weeks..which is damned good for me since before LHCF I relaxed every 9-10 weeks...It was a hard decision and we all know as a woman I have the right to change my mind but for now I am relaxing..........I think, LOL....I'll post after the appointment.

Well ladies I've held out as long as I can and I've decided that the appt I made to just get a roller set and roots pressed next weekend is actually going to turn into a relaxer. I'll be 2 days shy of 17 weeks..which is damned good for me since before LHCF I relaxed every 9-10 weeks...It was a hard decision and we all know as a woman I have the right to change my mind but for now I am relaxing..........I think, LOL....I'll post after the appointment.

Seventeen weeks is still a long stretch.

Just finished an 11 week stretch. I finished one week early unfortunately because I had an event I had to go to this week. This means my next stretch will be about 13 weeks, for my vacation with hubby this summer!! :) Wish me luck :)

Back