Relaxer Stretchers Support Thread

SkinnyMocah :wave: Yeah, narrowing down the right products and relaxer sometimes takes time. I am glad you are seeing progress. Girl, during this journey I have had many setbacks. In fact, during my last stretch I had breakage and crazy stubborn knots. But with time, ya learn what works and what doesn't. Keep us posted. And I am with ya on them protective styles! :grin:

I am doing my first stretch and just started surging the beginning of the month. I am in my 4th week and I already have around 3/4 of an inch of new growth (unstretched). I dont know if I will make it to December 15th!!

I am trying to make it to december as well and I am very tempted to relax. My hair is short and with all this new growth it is even harder o manage. It helps that I am in the desert and not trying to look cute for anyone:grin:

Plus with the hair on my sides taking much longer to grow out I am motivated to atleast wait for that to catch up with the middle before I perm.

Well ladies sorry to say i threw in the towel yesterday.:look: I feel good about my decision, i'm going to bermuda next month and was soo worried what i was going to do with my 20 wks post hair. But thank goodness it never made it up to that point. I usually touchup at 12wks and i tried to do a 24wks stretch for the first time and only made it to 14wks. Well better luck next year. I'm in the process of working on my hair album and got soo depressed looking at my silky straight hair shots plus most importantly i was itching to see how close i am to BSL. The stetch actually treated me good, so until next time.

I am doing my first stretch and just started surging the beginning of the month. I am in my 4th week and I already have around 3/4 of an inch of new growth (unstretched). I dont know if I will make it to December 15th!!

WHOA!!!!! That's a lot of growth for 4 weeks!!!! Daggone girl!!!!!

So.....how is everyone else doing???? I am STILL stretching. Haven't quite decided on when I am going to give up the fight, but I really have no need to relax just yet. I'm in Irag now and I plan to C & G 'til the wheels fall off!!!:lachen:

8 months and counting......

I am at 10 weeks post now... and my new growth is outta control. There is a patch of hair at the crown of my hair that is 4 z type hir. It will cut you if you stick your hand up there. I decided to rollerset today for some crazy reason ( my 2nd time ever in my life). The front of my hair was soft and silky.. the back was a mess. I had to flat iron my roots, because even after trying to blow them out with a round brush..my hair was still poofy. I think I may go for 12 weeks next time, but I am going to call my stylist on friday for the first appointment available. My hair is still poofy as I type...Oh well back to the drawing board.

I'm at 12 weeks right now, and the plan is to go to 16 which would be right around Thanksgiving. My roots are dry and crunchy :look:. I'm planning on rocking more wash n gos with lots and lots of S Curl. That seems to be keeping the roots soft and managable.

My past two relaxers I stretched for three months, and all was well (aside from major new growth around the second month). Now I'm stretching for 6 months. I have about 4 months and 2 weeks left to go. During this time I will be manipulating my hair very little. I think all will go well.

As of Wednesday I will be at 20 weeks. Im still in twists, I cleansed with Baking soda and Rinsed with diluted reconstructor and sprayed in infisium23. This morning i moisturized the roots with my MN and Sulfur mix. Before bed Im going to mist with my Glycerine and Rosemary oil mix. Im going to stretch until December now. Meaning this is now a 6 month stretch. wish me luck.

I have decided to join the 6 month stretch. My last relaxer was on August 9, 2007. I will relax again February 9th, 2007. I will be praying alot about this. Wish me luck.

I will be stretching for the next 4-6 months between February and April. Anyone want to join? I can never get past 4 months because I'm too anxious to see my growth.

Im going into my 7th week, its starting to get really challenging. I have been surging, using MN and co washing religiously durring the week. My new growth is coming in fast and really thick. But I think I have some underprocessed areas around the side of my crown, which gets tangled so badly. I try to make sure I dont manipulate it to much I dont want any breakage, does anyone else have this issue with underprocessed hair?

I will be stretching for the next 4-6 months between February and April. Anyone want to join? I can never get past 4 months because I'm too anxious to see my growth.

I plan to relax this December and begin a new 6-month stretch from January to June 2008. So I can join you.:yep:

First of all WELCOME!!!!!

So far for me...

Coconut Milk has been a blessing on the NG. (Praise His holy name)

Emergencee has anointed my demarcation line (hallelujah!!)

My Denman D3 brush is a gift from the Father (thank You Jesus!)

My phony bun allows me to not have to lay hands on my hair (Give Him Glory)

My CON Poo (Green Label) is like a FRESH anointing! (Magnify the Father)

....and this Stiff Head Wax has my edges slain in the Spirit (YES LORD!!!)

Ya'll hold my mule while I SHOUT!!!!!!

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

.....But seriously, if you read through the pages of this thread, you should find a number of suggestions that work for other people. Ultimately, it's about what YOUR hair likes. It's all trial and error. Just remember, you can always pray for guidance in the name of Jesus!!!!! Don't get me started again...:grin::lachen::grin::lachen:

GIRL TOO FUNNY! You're a mess!
I'm definitely gonna try the coconut milk...thanks to all the ladies with the wonderful tips in this thread!

Hi, new here. (My first post :drunk:!) Well I am currently at 12 weeks stretching and plan to relax in the next couple days. My current length is a little past shoulder. I was thinking about transitioning but this new growth is putting a hurting on me. :nono: I think once i get to apl then it may be easier to stretch longer--i can't wait until i am able to try kinikakes' braid protective style. what has helped with my stretching is frequent cowashing and roller sets; if i go too long between washings the two textures become noticable scary and i am afraid that is when the breakage usually happens. HTH. good luck ladies.

Hi, new here. (My first post :drunk:!) Well I am currently at 12 weeks stretching and plan to relax in the next couple days. My current length is a little past shoulder. I was thinking about transitioning but this new growth is putting a hurting on me. :nono: I think once i get to apl then it may be easier to stretch longer--i can't wait until i am able to try kinikakes' braid protective style. what has helped with my stretching is frequent cowashing and roller sets; if i go too long between washings the two textures become noticable scary and i am afraid that is when the breakage usually happens. HTH. good luck ladies.

GO :newbie:! You're stretching already! Good luck HHG.

I'm a newbie up for adoption:help2: I am into an approx. 9 week stretch and in need of some maintenence and style ideas. I'm striving for April 08, which will be about 9 months.

Currently 7 weeks almost 8 weeks (tuesday) post and I'm planning to stretch until mid December. I'm still undecided on how I'm going to do this. I may go back in braids for about 4 weeks and then use wigs/falls to get me through the rest of my stretch.

Cool! Thanks!

How do you get past month 4? I've been trying this whole year but 1) I get too anxious and 2) my newgrowth is something fierce and I look like a fuzzy bowl head.

I'm employing Cathy Howse's regimen without the heat. I wash/deep condition every 3 days. One of those days, I do a mild protein treatment, followed by the deep condition. I just keep slicking it back, using S-Curl or Care Free Curl (Yellow bottle with Red lettering) for my buns. I'm so sick of the buns, but that's pretty much all I do. I have way too much NG to do too much of anything else.

10 weeks post, with mad new growth...i want to relax in feburary, but ill see how far my hair can go.

Back