Relaxed/Texlaxed Support!

Coming up on 19 weeks:spinning::drunk::spinning::drunk: post, and I must say ive just gotten over the obsessive compulsive urge to relax! Right now im still in large individual brainds bunned under a homemade wig, which Ive been loving more than my own hair.:nono: Ive been consistent with my regimen of deep conditioning overnight once a week.... moisturizing daily or every other day with s-curl, wave noveau, and biolage fortifying leave-in. Sometimes ill seal with castor oil, emu oil, or my homemade hair butter. Ive been rebraiding my hair every 4 to 6 weeks to avoid dreads:wallbash:....hopefully this combo takes me through February:rolleyes:... I think ill try to push out another inch before I relax.:look:

I just checked out the thread regarding using silk before a relaxer. I found a thread where the OP used Wella Silk in her relaxer.

Has anyone tried the liquid form of silk in their relaxer? What about the powder version? Is one form better than the other? What were your results?
I have on my dd and myself. I got it from lotioncrafter.com. We both use Affirm no-lye for sensitive scalps. I added too much to hers, and it was way underprocessed. On mine, I don't know if I added enough. I don't know if there's any way for me to tell if that portion of the hair is any stronger as a result. I attempted to research to find out how much I should add exactly, and came up with nothing. I will give it another try if I decide to relax again and let you guys know.

After such a successful stretch (33 weeks), my first time out, I decided to relax every 6 months/24 weeks. That would mean I should relax in mid-Feb, well, because of my 1 year LHCF anniversary, the holidays and an upcoming trip I've decided to relax this Friday. I'm pretty excited, even though I didn't get to the full 24 weeks, at 17+ weeks I've still stretched longer than I would have before. :grin:

After such a successful stretch (33 weeks), my first time out, I decided to relax every 6 months/24 weeks. That would mean I should relax in mid-Feb, well, because of my 1 year LHCF anniversary, the holidays and an upcoming trip I've decided to relax this Friday. I'm pretty excited, even though I didn't get to the full 24 weeks, at 17+ weeks I've still stretched longer than I would have before. :grin:

Oooh, can't wait to see pics!:grin:

i am currently 2 months post as of today. My new growth is behaving well. I am having problem with keeping moisture in even when i seal. hopefully when i received my roux Porosity control shampoo this week i can wash my hair wit it and hopefully i'll get my moisture back

Roux Control Shampoo or you mean the Conditioner?

Crap my laptop is acting a fool. I will be 20 weeks on Thurday and doing my touch up on this weekend to get ready for the HYH reveal. I don't think I will stretch this long again; at least not on purpose.

Bump!

Whew! I made it through my first 12 week stretch! I'm getting a touch up tomorrow! Can't wait! :grin:

Crap my laptop is acting a fool. I will be 20 weeks on Thurday and doing my touch up on this weekend to get ready for the HYH reveal. I don't think I will stretch this long again; at least not on purpose.

Hey Kellum! I'm getting ready for the HYH reveal too! I can't wait for the reveal thread! Hopefully I have something to reveal....:perplexed

Im actually thinking of switching to Lye in my next relaxer, what brands do you all suggest?

also once you switch are you getting rid of( trimming little by little) the NO LYE relaxed hair or do you just keep both or do a corrective on the previous no lye hair??

I just switched to lye myself. I used Silk Elements Shea Butter Lye (regular strength).

Re: your 2nd question, I had the same question as well. I purchased a chelating shampoo to help with the look/feel of the no-lye since it'll remove the calcium deposits left by the no-lye relaxer. I'm not sure what to do with all of that no-lye hair that's still on my head though.

As posted previously, I am considering switching from no lye to lye relaxers as well... Problem is, I'm a DIY'er... Ladies please fill in with your tips/advice about making the transition
TIA

I definitely noticed the "dryness" with the no-lye these last two times I relaxed. I thought it was just me. I thank God for castor oil, it saved mah hurr. Anyway, I'm going to switch to lye for the next relaxer. I can't wait to see how it works out.:yep:

Going back thru these posts to get the names of the best lye relaxers...

I definitely noticed the "dryness" with the no-lye these last two times I relaxed. I thought it was just me. I thank God for castor oil, it saved mah hurr. Anyway, I'm going to switch to lye for the next relaxer. I can't wait to see how it works out.:yep:

Going back thru these posts to get the names of the best lye relaxers...

MIZANI BUTTER BLENDS !!!!

I switch to Lye months ago and I am so irritated because I can see the difference in the 2-3 inches of newgrowth that was relaxed with Lye verses the No-Lye alread on my head. The lye hair looks silkier and smoother.

ladies can you please recommend a good weave tutorial? I want a full head with a visible part, Im not quite sure how to do so. Tracks are usually bad for the hair so Im wondering how you weave it up

I'm having so much trouble with a pre-relaxer regimen, is it ok to go in for a relaxer after almost a week of regular manipulation to the hair...like moisturizing sealing etc.. or do you have to have a totally clean slate...

I'm scared of lye relaxer my scalp is really sensitive...I can't afford the try ... thank God I don't have any issues with dryness.

I'm 9 weeks post, and will be going to 12. Used Syntonics relaxer for the first time and I liked it (made my hair bone straight...I'll have to see if I can work on thickness)....

I've been having that dry problem lately, so I'm going to check out some of the products with ceremides.

:eek: :thud:@ your stash!

I used Biolage By Matrix Cera Hydratherapie Repair. I will be purchasing the Fortetherapie tomorrow.

This the last piece that I needed for my regime.

Damn! Here I go again. I'm going to have to run out and by some of the Cera Hydratherapie Repair. I've noticed my hair is dryer in the winter.

Has anyone tried the Hydratherapie Ultra Moisturizing Balm?

Damn! Here I go again. I'm going to have to run out and by some of the Cera Hydratherapie Repair. I've noticed my hair is dryer in the winter.

Has anyone tried the Hydratherapie Ultra Moisturizing Balm?

I'm afraid I'm going to have to amend the above. I can't in clear conscious purchase a new beauty product that tests on animals. So I'm going to run out and try the L'Anza Healing ColorCare. Of course, it's first on my list of "to-dos" tomorrow. lol

Does anyone add honey to their deep conditioners? Has your hair started to lighten? I thought by heating up the honey before mixing, it would lose its lightening strength, but I'm noticing my hair has light brown streaks. I like the way it looks now, but I don't want it to keep getting lighter. The honey does wonders for my hair and I'm not ready to give it up yet. Any suggestions???

Revamped my relaxing regimen a little - just relaxed 2 days ago

Week Before - DC with Emergencee or Aphogee 2 step
Night before - Base hair with grease
Day of - Base again with Motions, Global Goddess...using Kenra Silk Protein conditioner on my ends

Relax with Mizani BB mixed with Keratin Amino Acids, Silk Amino Acids and Keratin Protein
Follow up with older version Nexxus Humectress ( for the moisture and the ceramides)
Neutralize 2-3 times
Apply Neutral Protein Filler
Semi-Permanent Color
Loreal Mega Moisture
Rollerset

Post (about 2-3 days after relaxing) - will wash with a moisturizing shampoo and follow up with a moisturizing condish

for the hard protein the week before a relaxer.. Will an egg mixture suffice??
or is that not considered hard protein?

Does anyone add honey to their deep conditioners? Has your hair started to lighten? I thought by heating up the honey before mixing, it would lose its lightening strength, but I'm noticing my hair has light brown streaks. I like the way it looks now, but I don't want it to keep getting lighter. The honey does wonders for my hair and I'm not ready to give it up yet. Any suggestions???

I use honey in my DCs and I haven't noticed this. I know amla oil is supposed to darken up the hair, so maybe you could use that to counteract the honey.

Back