Relaxed/Texlaxed Support!

Ladies I have a question for you:

This past Thursday, I self relaxed with Mizani regular relaxer in mild and the results are not as straight as I would have liked. Instead of being bone straight I am more textured but not fully telaxed. My strands are wavy/krinkley. I am needing to get a dusting of 1/4" within the next few days and wanted to ask if I should purchase a blowdryer & flatiron to straighten my hair first or if I should just flat wrap it instead. I would prefer not to use any heat but if it would ensure getting a more accurate dusting from the stylist I have no problem doing it. Any advice/suggestions you ladies could give would be great and is really appreciated.

tia,
tishee

This past Thursday, I self relaxed with Mizani regular relaxer in mild and the results are not as straight as I would have liked. Instead of being bone straight I am more textured but not fully telaxed. My strands are wavy/krinkley. I am needing to get a dusting of 1/4" within the next few days and wanted to ask if I should purchase a blowdryer & flatiron to straighten my hair first or if I should just flat wrap it instead. I would prefer not to use any heat but if it would ensure getting a more accurate dusting from the stylist I have no problem doing it. Any advice/suggestions you ladies could give would be great and is really appreciated.

tia,
tishee

From my experience I always get the best results when my hair is straight. I don't like using a lot of heat in my hair either, but I make the exception when it time for a trim. You don't want to have different variations of straightness in your hair. You may leave out with a lopsided trim. I don't even like getting trims on roller set hair because the lift at the roots can mess some people up.

A good flat iron I would recommend is the Maxiglide MP. I got one and used it for the 2nd time almost a week ago. My hair has not felt dry at all. It straightens but also leaves the hair very moist because of the steam. I have been wearing it down the whole time since my flat iron and trim. HSN has specials on them.

Who relaxes every 7 weeks or earlier? I think that I ask this every time I am around 5 weeks post :rolleyes:

I am getting antsy over here!

Where are ya'll gettin this Mizani Butter Blends from? Do they sell it at Sally's? Also, are any of you adding anything to the creme before you apply it, like oils, conditioners, etc?

Thanks!

^^^ I just purchased Mizani BB from Amazon. I will use it only on the nape of my hair and plan to add EVOO/SAA to it.

Who relaxes every 7 weeks or earlier? I think that I ask this every time I am around 5 weeks post :rolleyes:

I am getting antsy over here!

I relax between 7 and 10 weeks. I am going to do a corrective next Saturday because I have been under processed for the last three relaxers. I used ORS no lye for all of them. Does the Mizani BB come in no-lye or only lye? I've heard so many good things about this relaxer, but I've never self-relaxed using lye.

I relax between 7 and 10 weeks. I am going to do a corrective next Saturday because I have been under processed for the last three relaxers. I used ORS no lye for all of them. Does the Mizani BB come in no-lye or only lye? I've heard so many good things about this relaxer, but I've never self-relaxed using lye.
This will be my first time using Mizani BB as I normally use Phyto II.

I will be relaxing only my nape with Mizani in order to see if it is better for my hair.

Although I do love my Phyto :look:

ETA: Mizani BB is lye.

Last edited:
This will be my first time using Mizani BB as I normally use Phyto II.

I will be relaxing only my nape with Mizani in order to see if it is better for my hair.

Although I do love my Phyto :look:

That was going to be my other question, but you answered it without me asking! LOL! *sigh* I really like ORS, but it left me really underprocessed the last time. I've never had that happen with any other relaxer.

tia,
tishee

THIS is what makes Mizani my BESTESTEST relaxer...:yep:

I never get bone straight and I love that!! :yep:

Sorry it didn't come out as you would have liked tishee....:sad:

That was going to be my other question, but you answered it without me asking! LOL! *sigh* I really like ORS, but it left me really underprocessed the last time. I've never had that happen with any other relaxer.

Be warned, if you are using Mizanin Butter Blends Mild/fine...you WILL NOT get bone straight....no matter how long you leave it in. I use the mild and I like those results, but if you really want straigh, you should try regular or super.

THIS is what makes Mizani my BESTESTEST relaxer...:yep:

I never get bone straight and I love that!! :yep:

Sorry it didn't come out as you would have liked tishee....:sad:
Hey there sweetie,
I am washing my hair tomorrow and must say that my hair has NEVER felt as great as it does with any relaxer like it does now after using the Mizani. I will continue to use the mild, it actually straightened my hair to the degree in which it should be straightened, it is not flat, limp, and lifeless for once,vs. the degree I wanted it to be straightened.

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

I'm getting a texlaxer touchup at the salon next week, I'll be 14 weeks post by then... I was planning on doing this one myself(and trying a lye relaxer), but I really need to get my hair trimmed so I figured I'd just get it done while I'm there...
But my question is, do you texlaxed ladies notice that some products don't work as well on your texlaxed hair the same way it did/does on your relaxed hair? Naturals that transitioned to texlaxed hair could probably answer too.... did you have to change the products you used?
I'm having a hard time finding a moisturizer for my texlaxed hair... my texlaxed hair isn't moisturized enough and I think it's causing my hair to break a little...but the products work fine on my relaxed ends.
So after I get my relaxer, I'd like to keep it as healthy as possible...

I did a corrective tonight - I was overprocessed from the last three relaxers. :sad: Rather than continue to use the relaxer (ORS No-Lye) that caused my issue, I went back to my pre-LHCF standby (Africa's Best No-Lye). I based my hairline with Vaseline and prepped my hair by coating it with John Frieda Frizz Ease Thermal Protection as well as Argan Oil. I used my gold Sprush to section and apply the relaxer. Since it is shaped like a rat tail comb, it is excellent for applications and parting. Smoothing was easy as well. I did my mid-protein step, neutralized and am currently deep conditioning with heat. Thank you so much ladies for all of the knowledge you have imparted on me. :yep:

Hey Ladies!

I've stretched for 7 wks, so far its been a breeze...and I'm not planning to relax until around Jan 21.

However, in the mean time between relaxers I'm highly considering if I should keep relaxing in a professional's hand or should I try self-relaxing again....decisions, decisions

I did a corrective tonight - I was overprocessed from the last three relaxers. :sad: Rather than continue to use the relaxer (ORS No-Lye) that caused my issue, I went back to my pre-LHCF standby (Africa's Best No-Lye). I based my hairline with Vaseline and prepped my hair by coating it with John Frieda Frizz Ease Thermal Protection as well as Argan Oil. I used my gold Sprush to section and apply the relaxer. Since it is shaped like a rat tail comb, it is excellent for applications and parting. Smoothing was easy as well. I did my mid-protein step, neutralized and am currently deep conditioning with heat. Thank you so much ladies for all of the knowledge you have imparted on me. :yep:
thanks for sharing Americka! I am glad everything worked out for you. I will definitely look into getting the gold sprush brush for my next relaxer application b/c using the rattail comb for my last couple of touch ups was somewhat cumbersome.

^^^ The first time that I used Biolage Cera-repair, I used it alone and it was fabulous! Now I mix it with my Joico Intense Hydrator.

I may go back to using it alone. Particularly right after I relax.

HTH

For those who use the ceremide conditioners, do you use it alone or follow up w a moisturizing dc?

^^^ The first time that I used Biolage Cera-repair, I used it alone and it was fabulous! Now I mix it with my Joico Intense Hydrator.

HTH

I Use it right after DC'ing (with heat). I apply, comb through and let sit for about 5-10 minutes. Then I rinse out and close/seal cuticle with PC.

I thought about mixing it in with My DC'er, but so-far haven't tried it this way.:look:

Will try it this way too tho':yep:

I have a question. im currently a couple days of being 12 wks post. everything is going great, no breakage or anything, but my scalp is so sensitive and sore. is that normal? sorry if this has been asked before.

Hey ladies, successfully stretched 17 weeks and got texlaxed yesterday. Got a 1/4" inch trim and my hair feels AWESOME. I'm very happy.

Also, Trade Secret is having a blowout on Joico gift sets - I got the Moisture Retention set with shampoo, conditioner, and balm for $10! I'm going back for the K-Pak and the Silk Results sets either tomorrow or Tuesday. Did I read correctly that Joico's line has ceramides in it? If so, then I don't need to add another product once I wash, condition and do the balm, right? TIA!

Here is my texlax results from December 24, 2009. I used Silk Elements Mild (I usually use Mizani Butter Blends) for 15 minutes. My hair came out pretty wavy, sorry I did not take close up shots. My hair is about 90% dry. I am not sure if I will use Silk Elements again because it burned me and my hair felt softer with Mizani. Overall I am pretty happy.

Hosted on Fotki

Here is after a braid out I did the next day:

Hosted on Fotki

HTH

Thanks. I have one more question...I just discovered today that there's a Hydrotherapie Cera Repair and a Fortitherapie Cera Repair. Which one are you using? (And where did you get yours from?)

Thanks again.

Hey there sweetie,
I am washing my hair tomorrow and must say that my hair has NEVER felt as great as it does with any relaxer like it does now after using the Mizani. I will continue to use the mild, it actually straightened my hair to the degree in which it should be straightened, it is not flat, limp, and lifeless for once,vs. the degree I wanted it to be straightened.

I'm 26 weeks post today and going to be using Mizani Butter Blends Mild/Fine for the first time ever. I've heard so many good things about it and am excited! I'll keep ya'll posted :grin:

I Use it right after DC'ing (with heat). I apply, comb through and let sit for about 5-10 minutes. Then I rinse out and close/seal cuticle with PC.

I thought about mixing it in with My DC'er, but so-far haven't tried it this way.:look:

Will try it this way too tho':yep:

Hmm do you get better results using it this way T ie. without heat? I've been steam DC'ing with it and I always get lovely results.

PS: Gorgeous hair BeautifulESQ

Thanks. I have one more question...I just discovered today that there's a Hydrotherapie Cera Repair and a Fortitherapie Cera Repair. Which one are you using? (And where did you get yours from?)

Thanks again.

I use the Hydrotherapie Cera-Repair Hydratherapie. I want to try the Fortetherapie :yep:

I purchased them from Amazon.

Here is my texlax results from December 24, 2009. I used Silk Elements Mild (I usually use Mizani Butter Blends) for 15 minutes. My hair came out pretty wavy, sorry I did not take close up shots. My hair is about 90% dry. I am not sure if I will use Silk Elements again because it burned me and my hair felt softer with Mizani. Overall I am pretty happy.

Hosted on Fotki

Here is after a braid out I did the next day:

Hosted on Fotki

Girl you and your hair are gorgeous....OMG I am so lovin' that maxi-dress!!!!

Hmm do you get better results using it this way T ie. without heat? I've been steam DC'ing with it and I always get lovely results.

I Used it after I steamed and cuticle was still lifted. Combed through Hair let sit and then rinsed with Cool Water and sealed with PC.

Will try a variety of ways to use it.:grin:

I'm 26 weeks post today and going to be using Mizani Butter Blends Mild/Fine for the first time ever. I've heard so many good things about it and am excited! I'll keep ya'll posted :grin:
Awesome! Let me know how it goes! I have been thinking of using the medium/normal one at my touch up:drunk:

I just relaxed my hair. I relaxed 80% of my hair with my Phyto II and my nape with MBB. I could immediately tell the difference between the two relaxers.

MBB left my hair much smoother, but thinner even though I left it in for half the time as my Phyto.

I did however make a change with my Phyto. Instead of doing a midstep protein, I applied Mizani PerpHECTING Creme nomalizing conditioner mixed with Biolage Cera-Repair Hydratherapie and wow :love:.

What I did not realize was that the PerpHECTING Creme has ceramides in it.

I will report on the difference between Phyto and MBB when my hair dries. For now, the MBB makes my nape feel much softer.

Last edited:
Back