Waistlength by 2007 challenge- UPDATE AND SUPPORT

I am still on the challenge, but not sure if I am on track for june 2007...I had neglected my hair earlier on and I am pretty sure I will need to cut some of it after my relaxer in Dec. How much I don't know, but I am still on the challenge. HHG ladies.:)
-lisa

i'm still in i think i made it it .5 in a month from my previous .25 a month. if i can get to .75-1in a month then i will be really close. with msm -vitamins - mtg - surge - braids - wigs - and sleeping in a curl bag with all of my juices i'll be close

if i got an inch a month every month until 12/06 i would beat my goal :yay:

ohhh i'd like to join i know im seriously late , i'm around brastrap now give or take 1/4 inch depending on the bra , I ALWAYS have some type of setback so i'm aiming for mid 2007-late 2007 just to be safe

my regime if you can even call it that:
wash and condition once a week
co wash one a week
mtg every other day
protective styles everyday

I'm still in it for the long haul :) I've been doing my daily(ish) washing regimen for 8 months now and my hair is doing well so I'm sticking with it.
Currently I'm preparing for the new year--vitamins on the way and just bought a new bottle of my beloved Jason Sea Kelp conditioner today. I have one more Jason coupon that I need to use before it expires at the end of December, and I think I'm going to use it to try out the Apricot conditioner. After I get that then I'll be ready to get growing in 2006 :yep:

My hair is doing quite well. i pressed the day before turkey day and was really surprised at how thick and full it was. I am still working on my nape area- want it thicker and longer. I added bee pollen and alfalfa and garlic oil to my vitamin regimine. I also started drinking aloe vera juice several times a week. i think i am getting a half inch a month now for sure- i am on a growth spurt and do not want it to stop any time soon. got a gallon of multi-purpose liquid castille soap today and a gallon of palm oil.

I think I'm doing well. I have been consistent with my flax oil, water and carrot juice for a few months now. Fairly consistent with my vitamins. And I cowash every day. I pretty much keep it simple these days. I'm not using too many products. I am cowashing, using hemp seed butter and putting my hair up. At night I sleep on a satin pillowcase.

I have been measuring and taking pics to monitor my progress and motivate me. So far, I am right on track for my goal. :)

lol i forgot about this thread!! lol and i started it!! well so far as my progress ive received 2 inches and in some places three inches of hair (almost capping out my goal for the end of 2005 of 4 inches) so i def have to step up my mtg usage..

ive recently pondered getting a curly perm on my (almost 9+ months of nto using relaxer) relaxed ends...i think i want to revert back to my old texture..i did a complete flat iron job with my chi when i received it and ive seen all my hard work of using mtg paying off..im approximately 3-5 inches from waist length (all different in various places 5 inches being the shortest length) when straightened..but thats not how i want to wear my hair anymore..

i think that using a curly perm should work significantly because its basically the same process as a relaxer but only adding perm rods so i dont think it should be bad..i figured over the course of the next 6 months or so i can get 2-3 perms if this one doesnt put enough texture in and then im done processing forever..i figure this would be easier to me than going natural because i dont want to lose the length ive already maintained...

i recently just fought an uphill battle with my hair because nothing was workin on it..so now im trying to refine my technique and get one regimen under my belt before doing anything else..im mos def. getting the perm with the next couple of weeks before christmas..i said **** it i'll sacrifice minor length (probably 3-5 inches in retention) for better texture and shape overall..i think tis truly the best...

yall def. let me kno what youre thinkin!!
meia

meia said:
lol i forgot about this thread!! lol and i started it!! well so far as my progress ive received 2 inches and in some places three inches of hair (almost capping out my goal for the end of 2005 of 4 inches) so i def have to step up my mtg usage..

ive recently pondered getting a curly perm on my (almost 9+ months of nto using relaxer) relaxed ends...i think i want to revert back to my old texture..i did a complete flat iron job with my chi when i received it and ive seen all my hard work of using mtg paying off..im approximately 3-5 inches from waist length (all different in various places 5 inches being the shortest length) when straightened..but thats not how i want to wear my hair anymore..

i think that using a curly perm should work significantly because its basically the same process as a relaxer but only adding perm rods so i dont think it should be bad..i figured over the course of the next 6 months or so i can get 2-3 perms if this one doesnt put enough texture in and then im done processing forever..i figure this would be easier to me than going natural because i dont want to lose the length ive already maintained...

i recently just fought an uphill battle with my hair because nothing was workin on it..so now im trying to refine my technique and get one regimen under my belt before doing anything else..im mos def. getting the perm with the next couple of weeks before christmas..i said **** it i'll sacrifice minor length (probably 3-5 inches in retention) for better texture and shape overall..i think tis truly the best...

yall def. let me kno what youre thinkin!!
meia

If you plan on doing a curly perm, then you must cut your relaxed ends off...it's not the same as say getting a relaxer over a texturizer. A texturizer is the same as a relaxer except it's left on for a shorter period of time and the same chemicals are used...either a lye or no-lye relaxer. With a curly perm you would be using a thioglocolate based relaxer which is radically different from the two listed above, it would be nearly impossible to avoid overlapping in this situation and would most certainly lead to breakage. It happened with my cousin who had waistlength curly permed hair, she went ahead and put in a relaxer on her NG only and within 3 weeks she had to shave it all off. SInce your goal is to have waistlength in 06, I think doing a curly perm over your straight hair will definitely take you far off track...JMO:)

Back