Relaxed/Texlaxed Support!

Hosted on Fotki

Here is after a braid out I did the next day:

Hosted on Fotki

BeautifulESQ, OMG YOUR HAIR IS SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!! congrats on the progress!

I Use it right after DC'ing (with heat). I apply, comb through and let sit for about 5-10 minutes. Then I rinse out and close/seal cuticle with PC.

I thought about mixing it in with My DC'er, but so-far haven't tried it this way.:look:

Will try it this way too tho':yep:

I have got to try the ceramide treatments alone.... with heat! Ive only done them mixed with conditioners. im thinking of trying the Kerastase Vita-ciment for my next relaxer.

----------------------------------------

As for an update, im about 22 weeks post and its really showing.:drunk::spinning: Ive been upping my moisturizing and sealing to everyday now. My newgrowth seems very aggressive, but my thick creamy conditioner mix keeps it nice and soft. Ive even had to baggy a few times to keep the line of demarcation nice and moist. Ive counted the days and I plan to relax at 30 weeks post... Hopefully I can get through these last 8 weeks, everytime I have to rebraid I get so tempted.:rolleyes:

Here is my texlax results from December 24, 2009. I used Silk Elements Mild (I usually use Mizani Butter Blends) for 15 minutes. My hair came out pretty wavy, sorry I did not take close up shots. My hair is about 90% dry. I am not sure if I will use Silk Elements again because it burned me and my hair felt softer with Mizani. Overall I am pretty happy.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Your hair and that dress are FIERCE!! Love it!!

Awesome! Let me know how it goes! I have been thinking of using the medium/normal one at my touch up:drunk:

texlaxed today....i went in for a mizani touch up but my stylist didn't read the appt sheet and accidentally put Phyto in my hair again out of habit :ohwell:

6 months of stretching, fawning over mizani reviews and growing out my phyto hair....only to have her reapply it?!!!!:lachen: i honestly have to laugh to keep from crying and hope the Universe did this for a reason.

my hair felt like hay after my touch up and now im gonna have to go into moisture overload to make up for her oversight. she's a great stylist but by the time she tried to talk me into a trim and i was like "no ma'am!". i'd had enough and was ready to get out of there.

on the bright side....I FINALLY REACHED APL!!!!! :weird:

Attachments

• Lastof09 071b.jpg
    Lastof09 071b.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 22
texlaxed today....i went in for a mizani touch up but my stylist didn't read the appt sheet and accidentally put Phyto in my hair again out of habit :ohwell:

6 months of stretching, fawning over mizani reviews and growing out my phyto hair....only to have her reapply it?!!!!:lachen: i honestly have to laugh to keep from crying and hope the Universe did this for a reason.

my hair felt like hay after my touch up and now im gonna have to go into moisture overload to make up for her oversight. she's a great stylist but by the time she tried to talk me into a trim and i was like "no ma'am!". i'd had enough and was ready to get out of there.

Sounds kinda creepy:blush:.... but the results are BEAUTIFUL! nonetheless.:yep: See now im getting tempted lol.

Can you overdose on ceramides? :love: :love2:

Imma go write a love song to my beloved ceramides. :love4::dinner: :band:

Oh, and I will be back with some pics...

Good for you! Wow your progress is beautiful! Are you a self-trimmer? If so, what's your method?

I want to do a MBB vs Phyto review. :grin:

I relaxed the nape of my hair with MBB first and I was amazed at how smooth it felt! Oh, how I did not want to love MBB 'cause I have 3 brand new boxes of Phyto :perplexed

I then relaxed the rest of my hair with Phyto II and my hair felt thicker, yet rougher. Then ....

I applied the Mizani PerpHECTING creme and my hair felt just like the MBB only thicker.

Then I applied the Biolage Cera-Repair and it was all over. My hair is so very shiny (never had that before) and soft.

So I will stick with my Phyto (mixed with EVOO, 1/2 bottle of Cera-Repair, and SAA) and ensure that I use the Mizani PerpHECTING cream (this is key!)

This way, I can have the thickness as well as the softness and shine :drunk:

I want to do a MBB vs Phyto review. :grin:

I relaxed the nape of my hair with MBB first and I was amazed at how smooth it felt! Oh, how I did not want to love MBB 'cause I have 3 brand new boxes of Phyto :perplexed

I then relaxed the rest of my hair with Phyto II and my hair felt thicker, yet rougher. Then ....

I applied the Mizani PerpHECTING creme and my hair felt just like the MBB only thicker.

Then I applied the Biolage Cera-Repair and it was all over. My hair is so very shiny (never had that before) and soft.

So I will stick with my Phyto (mixed with EVOO, 1/2 bottle of Cera-Repair, and SAA) and ensure that I use the Mizani PerpHECTING cream (this is key!)

This way, I can have the thickness as well as the softness and shine :drunk:

Great Review Tazzy!! I used Humectress after relaxing (has ceramides) and I really liked the way my hair felt too...

I used to use Biolage Fortetherapie back in tha' day...it is a great product and line...

May need to check into the PerpHECTING creme as I currently use MBB

I just relaxed my hair. I relaxed 80% of my hair with my Phyto II and my nape with MBB. I could immediately tell the difference between the two relaxers.

MBB left my hair much smoother, but thinner even though I left it in for half the time as my Phyto.

I did however make a change with my Phyto. Instead of doing a midstep protein, I applied Mizani PerpHECTING Creme nomalizing conditioner mixed with Biolage Cera-Repair Hydratherapie and wow :love:.

What I did not realize was that the PerpHECTING Creme has ceramides in it.

I will report on the difference between Phyto and MBB when my hair dries. For now, the MBB makes my nape feel much softer.

So how was the lye relaxer on your scalp? What steps did you take to alleviate the chance of breakage from the relaxer switch?

^^ The lye relaxer was no problem on my scalp and I was surprised. I did, however, base my scalp with the Mizani base and I only left the relaxer in for 12 minutes.

As far as protecting the hair, I relaxed my nape first with Mizani, rinsed, neutralized.

I made sure to protect the part that I was going to relax with Phyto. I protected it with a mixture of Joico Cuticle Sealer, Vaseline, Mizani Base and Neutralizing shampoo.

I relaxed the Phyto portion later.

hth

has anyone tried the Suave Damage Care Conditioner with Ceramides. Here is the ingredient list.

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethiconol Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Dipropylene Glycol, Potassium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Glycerin, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Tocopheryl Acetate [Vitamin E Acetate], Arginine HCl, Ascorbic Acid [Vitamin C], Panthenol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Silk Amino Acids, Methylisothiazolinone, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ceramide 2.

I am trying to incorporate this product. I am slightly worried that ceramides are the last ingredient. How often do you ladies use products with Ceramides?

I forgot to mention that I used Mizani Therma Smooth (more ceramides :love:) and did a rollerset.

Anyone use the Biolage leave-in? Review? I just purchased this and will try it out tomorrow.

I just switched to lye myself. I used Silk Elements Shea Butter Lye (regular strength).

Did you like this relaxer?? How straight did it get your hair??

I used that to SE SB mild to texlax in October. I added Protein Filler and EVOO to it. I think I need to do a corrective. I went from natural to texlaxed in April. The April texlax was done by a stylist with Elasta QP. At the time, I felt my hair was too straight. But now, I LOVE that texture and I wish all of my hair was that texture. The part that I self texlaxed is frizzy and poofy.

Does anyone add honey to their deep conditioners? Has your hair started to lighten? I thought by heating up the honey before mixing, it would lose its lightening strength, but I'm noticing my hair has light brown streaks. I like the way it looks now, but I don't want it to keep getting lighter. The honey does wonders for my hair and I'm not ready to give it up yet. Any suggestions???

Honey lightens the hair??? And here I was trying to figure out how I could make a semi color lighten my hair? :lol: Hmmmm.....I need to try that.

Revamped my relaxing regimen a little - just relaxed 2 days ago

Week Before - DC with Emergencee or Aphogee 2 step
Night before - Base hair with grease
Day of - Base again with Motions, Global Goddess...using Kenra Silk Protein conditioner on my ends

Relax with Mizani BB mixed with Keratin Amino Acids, Silk Amino Acids and Keratin Protein
Follow up with older version Nexxus Humectress ( for the moisture and the ceramides)
Neutralize 2-3 times
Apply Neutral Protein Filler
Semi-Permanent Color
Loreal Mega Moisture
Rollerset

Post (about 2-3 days after relaxing) - will wash with a moisturizing shampoo and follow up with a moisturizing condish

Does using Protein Filler and a semi color after a relaxer make the color last longer? As I said above, I want to color my hair with a semi, but I want it to show and last a while.

I did a corrective tonight - I was overprocessed from the last three relaxers. :sad: Rather than continue to use the relaxer (ORS No-Lye) that caused my issue, I went back to my pre-LHCF standby (Africa's Best No-Lye). I based my hairline with Vaseline and prepped my hair by coating it with John Frieda Frizz Ease Thermal Protection as well as Argan Oil. I used my gold Sprush to section and apply the relaxer. Since it is shaped like a rat tail comb, it is excellent for applications and parting. Smoothing was easy as well. I did my mid-protein step, neutralized and am currently deep conditioning with heat. Thank you so much ladies for all of the knowledge you have imparted on me. :yep:

How did you do your corrective? I need to do one.

Here is my texlax results from December 24, 2009. I used Silk Elements Mild (I usually use Mizani Butter Blends) for 15 minutes. My hair came out pretty wavy, sorry I did not take close up shots. My hair is about 90% dry. I am not sure if I will use Silk Elements again because it burned me and my hair felt softer with Mizani. Overall I am pretty happy.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

:eek: Gorgeous. Just gorgeous. Is all of your hair texlaxed with MBB (with the exception of this last time)?

Off to stalk your fotki. :yep: ETA: password please. :lol: I'll PM you.

Congrats. You're hair is very pretty.

Last edited:
Hi Ms Twana:

"How did you do your corrective? I need to do one. "

I used the Argan oil/John Frieda mix on all of my hair - even what was not being corrected. I sectioned and clipped those areas that did not need correcting. I placed the relaxer on the under-processed areas only and believe me it was not easy! I used my gold Sprush to smooth. I think the Argan/Frieda mix worked too well because I still have some texture in the back, but I can deal with it.

I used ORS No-Lye for the previous three relaxers and it left me so under-processed. I stuck with no-lye for the corrective, but I switched to Africa's Best and I did not add any additional oils.

HTH!

Hi Ms Twana:

I used the Argan oil/John Frieda mix on all of my hair - even what was not being corrected. I sectioned and clipped those areas that did not need correcting. I placed the relaxer on the under-processed areas only and believe me it was not easy! I used my gold Sprush to smooth. I think the Argan/Frieda mix worked too well because I still have some texture in the back, but I can deal with it.

I used ORS No-Lye for the previous three relaxers and it left me so under-processed. I stuck with no-lye for the corrective, but I switched to Africa's Best and I did not add any additional oils.

HTH!

Oh okay. So you did it at a different time from your normal touch-up. I'll be due for a touch up in a little over a week. I'll be 3 months post. So I wanted to do both at the same time, but I'm not sure how.

Does using Protein Filler and a semi color after a relaxer make the color last longer? As I said above, I want to color my hair with a semi, but I want it to show and last a while.

Yes it does make it last longer (and more vibrant - IMO) and it also gave me a boost of protein so I was able to use a moisturizing dc for my midstep and after I rinsed out my color....

I am going to start using the protein filler like this from now on

Oh okay. So you did it at a different time from your normal touch-up. I'll be due for a touch up in a little over a week. I'll be 3 months post. So I wanted to do both at the same time, but I'm not sure how.

Yes, I did my corrective four weeks after my last relaxer, which seemed like I hadn't relaxed at all in certain spots. My understanding is when relaxing and doing a corrective you smooth the relaxer onto the section to be corrected after you relax the new growth. However, it is left on for a shorter amount time since it has been partially relaxed. Hope that makes sense.

Yes it does make it last longer (and more vibrant - IMO) and it also gave me a boost of protein so I was able to use a moisturizing dc for my midstep and after I rinsed out my color....

I am going to start using the protein filler like this from now on

I have a few questions... Did you dilute the protein filler, how long did you leave it on and did you rinse it before you added the color or did you leave it on? I think I want to try this...
TIA:grin:

I have a few questions... Did you dilute the protein filler, how long did you leave it on and did you rinse it before you added the color or did you leave it on? I think I want to try this...
TIA:grin:

Hi Deusa ...

No, I sprayed it on my hair after rinsing out the neutralizing shampoo - let it sit for 20 minutes (no rinsing), then applied the color

Hi Ladies, I'll be 12 weeks post on Saturday...getting my touch up. I'm so excited!!! I'll be using Syntonics again. Liked it (hair was BONE straight, but thickened up after a week or so).

Yes, I did my corrective four weeks after my last relaxer, which seemed like I hadn't relaxed at all in certain spots. My understanding is when relaxing and doing a corrective you smooth the relaxer onto the section to be corrected after you relax the new growth. However, it is left on for a shorter amount time since it has been partially relaxed. Hope that makes sense.

That makes PERFECT sense. Thanks.

Can I use two different strengths of relaxer at the same time?? I did my last touch up with mild (apparently that's not gonna fly). So I wanna use regular next time. However I would rather use the rest of my mild on the hair that's already processed. So could I use regular on the new growth and mild on the parts to be corrected?

this ceramedies has really got me thinking......can someone put up a picture of what the Biolage cera repair they use looks like?

That makes PERFECT sense. Thanks.

Can I use two different strengths of relaxer at the same time?? I did my last touch up with mild (apparently that's not gonna fly). So I wanna use regular next time. However I would rather use the rest of my mild on the hair that's already processed. So could I use regular on the new growth and mild on the parts to be corrected?

You are quite welcome!

IMO, I don't see a problem with using the two different strengths IF they are the same brand relaxer. I can totally understand using the mild on the areas needing correction to avoid being over processed by the regular strength. I know that Taz used Mizani on her nape and Phyto elsewhere for her last touch-up. Hopefully someone else will chime that has experience in this area.

Last edited:
this ceramedies has really got me thinking......can someone put up a picture of what the Biolage cera repair they use looks like?

:grin:This is the one I am Currently Using, Although I also have the CeraPro4

!BituhCQCGk~$(KGrHqMH-CkEs-cEE5HPBLQWTmOhE!~~_12.JPG

Back