Relaxed/Texlaxed Support!

Hey relaxed and texlaxed ladies...

I just discovered that Bed Bath and Beyond carries my beloved NTM Silk Touch leave in and it's ALWAYS $5.99 so I don't have to wait for it to go on sale at Rite Aid! I got two bottles today and I cannot WAIT to crack one open tomorrow...I ran out this weekend and my Profectiv Megagrowth is NOT cutting it right now (I usually switch between the two and my hair behaves much better).

You all have me intrigued about this Joico stuff. Would you say it works better with blown dry hair or better with air dried styles like wet buns and braidouts? I might consider getting into it when I go back to 24/7 protective styling in the spring.

Can someone tell me if I can relax with my hair in twistouts? Or do I have to straighten my hair first? (yes, I changed my mind again and decided to go with 9 weeks instead of 10 because I have an event next week at work...excuses, excuses :lachen:

LisaLisa1908, I know you said you have super thick hair. If you were to try Joico, try the moisture recovery balm. It is stupid thick. I know for my hair, it is too much moisture but your hair would probably love it. You can also try the silk results line for coarse hair. It is designed for thermal styling and I know you have been working on your flat iron technique. The silk results line has a shampoo, condition, serum, and two styling products. There is also a moisture recovery styling cream which is supposed to be like a daily moisturizer type thing.

LisaLisa1908, I know you said you have super thick hair. If you were to try Joico, try the moisture recovery balm. It is stupid thick. I know for my hair, it is too much moisture but your hair would probably love it. You can also try the silk results line for coarse hair. It is designed for thermal styling and I know you have been working on your flat iron technique. The silk results line has a shampoo, condition, serum, and two styling products. There is also a moisture recovery styling cream which is supposed to be like a daily moisturizer type thing.

Gym you are the best. Thank you so much! I was on the site and I was OVERWHELMED at the options - after I get through my current stash of products I'm going to try Joico next year and see how my hair behaves on one product line. I don't care about the cost if I get good results.

I NEED moisture; my scalp and hair are dry most of the time and I need to apply moisture products pretty heavily and DAILY; I canNOT skip a day or my hair will let me know.

Just tried HE Hello Hydration and WOW what slip it gave my hair. I just braided my hair for a braid out tomorrow.

I think that I will cowash every other day and leave my hair in bun until I reach full APL ...

Just tried HE Hello Hydration and WOW what slip it gave my hair. I just braided my hair for a braid out tomorrow.

I think that I will cowash every other day and leave my hair in bun until I reach full APL ...

I agree! :grin: HE in some form or another will always be a staple in my cowash conditioner stash.

I agree! :grin: HE in some form or another will always be a staple in my cowash conditioner stash.
Where has HH been all my life??!!:spinning:

I have a half gallon of Rusk that I must get rid of. I just cannot get past the old lady perfume smell ...:nono:

BTW, LOVE your ponytail!!!:yep:

I just got my touch up yesterday. My stylist used the Mizani Sensitive Scalp. I love that it does not burn.

Oh yea, I got 3 inches of thin and scraggly ends cut off. Soooo, happy to see them go...no more snags and tangles when I comb.

Gym you are the best. Thank you so much! I was on the site and I was OVERWHELMED at the options - after I get through my current stash of products I'm going to try Joico next year and see how my hair behaves on one product line. I don't care about the cost if I get good results.

I NEED moisture; my scalp and hair are dry most of the time and I need to apply moisture products pretty heavily and DAILY; I canNOT skip a day or my hair will let me know.

No problem Lisa. I really think the moisture balm conditioner is going to be your friend. If you like it, you can find the big pump container online. I always hit up ulta during a sale which makes the cost similar to regualr stuff at a drugstore. If you also need moisture constantly, peek at lanza. They are a little pricey but the moisture mask is :love: Very thick and one jar would last you a good minute. It used it today on my little cousins super thick and coarse hair.

Who relaxes every 5-8 weeks? :look:

Before lhcf, I used to relax every 8 weeks, then I started stretching to 10 weeks and now.....:look:s around, I'm at 42.5 weeks and not sure yet when I'll be relaxing.

I am planning on trying to relax every 16-20 weeks once this very long stretch is over however....hopefully:rolleyes:.

Before lhcf, I used to relax every 8 weeks, then I started stretching to 10 weeks and now.....:look:s around, I'm at 42.5 weeks and not sure yet when I'll be relaxing.

I am planning on trying to relax every 16-20 weeks once this very long stretch is over however....hopefully:rolleyes:.

yay another loooooooong stretcher :grin: im 54 weeks

I used relax every 8 weeks, now that I've found LHCF I try to stretch my relaxers which is kinda hard since i'm new to this so far I'm gone 10wks now:look:...which is a mimi mildstone for me ....I plan on stretching 3 months next time and 4 months after that...:grin:

I used to relax every 4 weeks. Once I became a member here, I began increasing this slowly. Now I'm over 8 weeks into a 12 weeks stretch.

I'm so glad that I took comparison pics because I can see the limp, lifeless hair I had after a fresh relaxer at 4-7 weeks. After my first 8 week stretch, I couldn't believe the increased thickness! That convinced me to go for 12 weeks before my next relaxer.

^I agree, i relaxed religiously every 6 weeks, the thickness the first time i tried 8 weeks forced me to go for 12 and it was so worth it!

Wow, you stretchers are awesome. Aggie, you are my SHERO!!

I get around 6-7 weeks and I am itching to relax. I think that I am about 6 weeks post and have about 1 inch of new growth.

My hair looks awful ... like a helmet surrounded by mini coco puffs.:perplexed

I have got to do something ...:nono:

Last edited:
I'm 11 weeks into a 17 week stretch; last touch up was August 31 and I'm holding out until December 28. Washed, DCed, blow dried and flat ironed yesterday and it turned out fabulous; I'm getting better with my flat iron technique and my product mix.

I'm trying NOT to be a PJ but I keep hearing how great HH is...might have to pull the trigger and invest. I'm almost out of Humectress and VO5 S&C anyway (my cowashing staples). I'm going to cowash in two weeks, then two weeks after that I'm going to do my regular wash and do a protein treatment before the touch up, probably aPhogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor. I think the Two Step might be too much; my hair is pretty healthy.

I'm 11 weeks into a 17 week stretch; last touch up was August 31 and I'm holding out until December 28. Washed, DCed, blow dried and flat ironed yesterday and it turned out fabulous; I'm getting better with my flat iron technique and my product mix.

I'm trying NOT to be a PJ but I keep hearing how great HH is...might have to pull the trigger and invest. I'm almost out of Humectress and VO5 S&C anyway (my cowashing staples). I'm going to cowash in two weeks, then two weeks after that I'm going to do my regular wash and do a protein treatment before the touch up, probably aPhogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor. I think the Two Step might be too much; my hair is pretty healthy.

You know I think the most important thing to invest in on this hair journey are vitamins and conditioners. You won't need a lot of shampoos at all. You will need one good clarifying shampoo, a good neutralizing poo, a good moisturizing poo and a protein shampoo and that's it.

Plus, you don't need any of them in large sizes as they last an eternity because you don't need a lot to wash your hair. I always dilute shampoo beore adding to my scalp anyway so I definitely don't need much.

In the beginning of my hair journey, I went out and bought almost everything I heard marginally good things about and now I am using up my shampoos as body wash gels. I didn't realize that shampoos are not absolutely needed like I thought.

If you can find your conditioners in gallon or litre sizes, this would be fiscally advantageous especially during a long relaxer stretch. I'm finding that new growth just seem to drink up conditioner like water.

You don't have to become a PJ. Just stick to the basics, maintain low manipulation techniques and you'll be fine. Ask questions when hitting a road block. Don't tackle it alone. HTH!

Last edited:
How are you ladies maintaining your newgrowth? Seriously, After about 6 weeks my newgrowth causes my scalp to be sore!! ?? I try to stretch about 8 weeks but my newgrowth is just a monster! Do you think Silicon Mix will work? I've read about S Curl Spray but that would make my relaxed hair wet/damp, right? Or am I missing something? Please help! :perplexed

Also, bumping for relaxed/texlaxed support!

How are you ladies maintaining your newgrowth? Seriously, After about 6 weeks my newgrowth causes my scalp to be sore!! ?? I try to stretch about 8 weeks but my newgrowth is just a monster! Do you think Silicon Mix will work? I've read about S Curl Spray but that would make my relaxed hair wet/damp, right? Or am I missing something? Please help! :perplexed

Also, bumping for relaxed/texlaxed support!

Check out Sylver2's fine tooth comb and scarf method, it works miracles! Also if S Curl is making your hair wet, you're probably using too much.

Back