Relaxed/Texlaxed Support!

-If you're not in favor of relaxing & have nothing of substance to add, stay out, period, that is NOT what this is about.

Lets have fun and gain knowledge! :grin:

Thank You. Cant believe what that other thread turned into :nono:

Anyway I need to stop buying conditioners. This board isnt helping my purse :wallbash::lachen:

I have actually been natural longer than I have been relaxed. I relaxed virgin hair in May '08, I believe. I relax with Phyto II every 6-9 weeks. I use the entire Joico line for washing/reconstructing/moisturizing.

The the things that have changed my hair around is making sure that the previously relaxed hair is well protected by a mixture Joico Cuticle sealer, neutralizing shampoo and vaseline (probably overkill, but it works).

I used to wash my hair every other day, now I am getting lazy and doing it every 5-7 days with no damage to my hair.

OP, great thread!

what from joico do you use for moisturizin/leave in? :yep:

Hi ladies! After two months of searching, I finally found the Rusk Smoother Leave-in at an Ulta store near me. I'm a little over 7 weeks post and I'm hoping it helps to keep my newgrowth in check! I'll be using it this morning after my shampoo/dc.

Please give a review of the rusk smoother when you use it!

I'm relaxed, but I'd like to give a shout out to all of the relaxed and natural ladies. I love the diversity of hair on this site...it's a thing of beauty and should be celebrated. :-)
:clap:@ your post and yay for bringing back kung fu ninja!:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

what from joico do you use for moisturizin/leave in? :yep:
I use Joico Daily Care Moisturizer. If I bun (which has been quite frequent lately) I seal with Porange's raw shea butter, coconut oil, Vitamin E mixture. This has been VERY good for my hair.:yep:

I use Joico Daily Care Moisturizer. If I bun (which has been quite frequent lately) I seal with Porange's raw shea butter, coconut oil, Vitamin E mixture. This has been VERY good for my hair.:yep:

Yay! It is soooo good. I make sure to whip it on very high speed so it is light and fluffy and just the right texture for my relaxed hair. I'm so happy this worked for you!

Please give a review of the rusk smoother when you use it!

No problem!

The good - it made my newgrowth lay down like nothing else I've ever used! Not only is it laying down, but it's wavy! :grin: Definite keeper just because of this. It smells wonderful also!

The bad - made my hair feel hard when I applied, but when completely dry, it was softer and fluffy.

The ugly - Tangles, tangles, tangles! I always detangle in the shower so that I don't have to do it when I apply my leave ins. Well the smoother seemed to promote tangles. I took my time and got them all out, but I wasn't expecting that.

I will keep this in my hair stash just for the way it did my newgrowth. I don't think I'll be able to use it throughout my hair, but that's okay. I'm trying to make it to 12 weeks post for the first time so I just need help with my newgrowth at this point.

Last edited:
Relaxed head checking in. I relax every 7 weeks, up from every 5 weeks. I use the Mizani line for shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer.

Ok, y'all. I NEVER thought that my beloved Joico could ever be improved upon.

I was wrong :eek:

I just added a tablespoon of EVOO to Joico Intense Hydrator and..:bdance::love::reddancer:

My hair was like BUTTER! Easiest detangling session ever!

I just added a tablespoon of EVOO to Joico Intense Hydrator and..:bdance::love::reddancer:

In the words of Jim Carey "Reeeeeeaallllly?" Thanks for sharing taz.

I just checked out the thread regarding using silk before a relaxer. I found a thread where the OP used Wella Silk in her relaxer.

Has anyone tried the liquid form of silk in their relaxer? What about the powder version? Is one form better than the other? What were your results?

I have tried the liquid form of silk (SAA) and I liked that it gave me a nice texlaxed effect on my hair. It also felt a little softer than before I started adding it to my relaxer. My hair also felt better able to hold on to moisture a little too. I'll keep doing this for a while. I have never used the powder form, sorry I can't help with a review on it.

Hi ladies... Jacklaxed chick here transitioning to bonelaxed lye.... Im currently 15 weeks post and on a mission to reach my first 5-6 month stretch.(If I dont cave in and succumb at 16 weeks:look:) I started off with ORS no-lye, then switched over to ORS lye, but for my last relaxer I used Alter Ego Linage Lye:lick:... It left my hair so deliciously moist and straight Ive fallen in love. I think ill stick to this relaxer.

My texture is 4a/b babyfine, wispy, and very very fragile. Its slightly annoying cause I have a hard time figuring out protein and moisture balance. I do think I finally found my first, least damaging, protective style/moisturize & seal combo. It sucks that it has to be large individual braids bunned under a wig, but the main advantage is I get to moisturize and seal properly using my multi-ingredient concoctions.

Oh and I also wanted to know who has Hair OCD? I swear I think im the only one, especially with all the ladies here that stretch for sooooo long. Im trying my best not to relax! Its so bad im thinking of getting my nails did to hinder me from relaxing.:nono: My dream is to stretch for 8-9 months until my birthday in feb, but im thinking of relaxing in december... making it 5 months. Then I thought about doing a 6 month stretch for this wedding ive been invited to next summer. THEN I thought of a one year stretch:lachen: :lachen::lachen::lachen:But I know that would drive me crazy! How do you ladies get past the holidays during a stretch? Or your birthday.... I dont think I can?

Hi ladies... Jacklaxed chick here transitioning to bonelaxed lye.... Im currently 15 weeks post and on a mission to reach my first 5-6 month stretch.(If I dont cave in and succumb at 16 weeks:look:) I started off with ORS no-lye, then switched over to ORS lye, but for my last relaxer I used Alter Ego Linage Lye:lick:... It left my hair so deliciously moist and straight Ive fallen in love. I think ill stick to this relaxer.

My texture is 4a/b babyfine, wispy, and very very fragile. Its slightly annoying cause I have a hard time figuring out protein and moisture balance. I do think I finally found my first, least damaging, protective style/moisturize & seal combo. It sucks that it has to be large individual braids bunned under a wig, but the main advantage is I get to moisturize and seal properly using my multi-ingredient concoctions.

Oh and I also wanted to know who has Hair OCD? I swear I think im the only one, especially with all the ladies here that stretch for sooooo long. Im trying my best not to relax! Its so bad im thinking of getting my nails did to hinder me from relaxing.:nono: My dream is to stretch for 8-9 months until my birthday in feb, but im thinking of relaxing in december... making it 5 months. Then I thought about doing a 6 month stretch for this wedding ive been invited to next summer. THEN I thought of a one year stretch:lachen: :lachen::lachen::lachen:But I know that would drive me crazy! How do you ladies get past the holidays during a stretch? Or your birthday.... I dont think I can?

I don't give it too much thought about how I get through holidays, B-Days, etc because I have so many wigs, (pixie, short, medium, long, curly, straight) that anyone of them can bail me out in an emergency situation:lachen:.

I don't give it too much thought about how I get through holidays, B-Days, etc because I have so many wigs, (pixie, short, medium, long, curly, straight) that anyone of them can bail me out in an emergency situation:lachen:.

I wished I could stretch past the holidays. Ive been thinking about getting some remy hair and making a wig... Thanks for the tip!:yep:

I have and like the smoother. I start using it at 10 weeks post, I stretch 16 weeks. It stops matting which is a big problem for me and makes my hair soft and fluffy.
Same for me. It works great when I make it to about 8 or 9 weeks post
Yay! It is soooo good. I make sure to whip it on very high speed so it is light and fluffy and just the right texture for my relaxed hair. I'm so happy this worked for you!
What is your ratio? I have all three ingredients already. TIA

This is one of the reason I love EVOO!
I must try the TW product you mentioned. What was the name again? (I am a leave in junkie)

YAY! I was hoping another thread like this would be made, i was really enjoying the early part of the other one.

Geechy Gurl i LOVE your pic, it has me cracking up over here.

Texlaxed checking in. I am 14 weeks post going for another 4 weeks. I plan on touching at least every 12 week to 16 weeks depending on how I am wearing my hair. I use the entire Fiberguard Sensitive Scalp No Lye System for my touch ups with great results.

I am 8 weeks post as of yesterday and I have no idea when I will end my stretch. I would like to get to the point in which I only relax 4 to 6 times a year. I have found all of my staples, reduced my reliance on heat, and found ways to style that do not involve heat. Braidouts are my friend. :yep: I cannot begin to thank all of the ladies who serve as inspirations to me - you have demonstrated that it is possible to have healthy, relaxed hair. I would also like to thank all of the natural ladies whose tips and wisdom have also aided me in my journey. To all of you:

I do huge batches now but my first was a smaller one and it came out perfect.

1 & 1/2 lbs raw shea butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 ounce of my fragrance oil (I wanted it very scenty)
20 drops of Vitamin E (T-50)

Same for me. It works great when I make it to about 8 or 9 weeks post

This is one of the reason I love EVOO!

I must try the TW product you mentioned. What was the name again? (I am a leave in junkie)

Girl don't feel bad, I love a lot of leave-ins myself. I have the Rusk Sensories, Alba Botanica, Beauty Without Cruelty Revitalizing, Paul Mitchel the Conditioner, and others. I still want the Joico K-Pak leave-in too.

Ooops, the the name of the leave in is Taliah Waajid Black Earth Products Protective Mist Bodifier:grin:.

Back