Relaxed Hair Thread

I'm a facebook group for relaxed hair and someone is asking if it is normal for the stylist to take the relaxer (on non virgin hair) aaallll the way down to the ends. Her stylist does that. and another in the comments said hers does too. :bangdesk: I got so mad I had to come over here to vent (after I told them no and offered advice on how to cover previously relaxed hair to avoid overlap)

I'm a facebook group for relaxed hair and someone is asking if it is normal for the stylist to take the relaxer (on non virgin hair) aaallll the way down to the ends. Her stylist does that. and another in the comments said hers does too. :bangdesk: I got so mad I had to come over here to vent (after I told them no and offered advice on how to cover previously relaxed hair to avoid overlap)

Just goes to show you how much people know. And these are professionals.

So glad you are in that group !

Some people think I'm weird because of all the pre-parting, twisting, oiling, and vaselining I do to my previously relaxed hair before I even mix the relaxer. :rolleyes:

The ladies here taught us well and we have the long relaxed hair to prove it! :toocool:

So glad you are in that group !

Some people think I'm weird because of all the pre-parting, twisting, oiling, and vaselining I do to my previously relaxed hair before I even mix the relaxer. :rolleyes:

The ladies here taught us well and we have the long relaxed hair to prove it! :toocool:

But that's when my hair was at its best. Never at the salon. When you want the job done right, you have to do it yourself.

The one thing I hated about being salon relaxed -- the parting! I felt my hair suffered breakage during the parting process. Pre-parting when self-relaxing totally minimizes that potential.

I guess you could pre-part and oil at home and then head to the salon if you planned it right. :hair:

I'm 14 weeks post and will be relaxing next weekend at 15 weeks post. NG is thick and tangly. I've been detangling with my fingers but it's a pain maintaining both textures. Kudos to those who go for longer but I feel 15-16 weeks is my max. I just washed with Keracare Hydrating shampoo after clarifying all the gunk of 2 weeks without washing my hair with Mizani Puriphying, did a protein treatment with Mizani Kerafuse and a DC under heat with Baba de Caracol and Silicon Mix to see if my ng is softened. Will detangle and attempt to rollerset ;)

Hi ladies, I have a question for ya'll. I had to go out of town unexpectedly for a funeral. I'm on my way back home. I didn't get a chance to do a wash DC and protein treatment before I get a virgin relaxer on Thursday. Do you think spraying my hair with Aphogee keratin and green tea restructizer and sealing with Evco will help? Or should I not worry about it and just do a protein treatment a few days post relaxer?

Hey ladies,

Some of you may know, but I had a real set-back a few weeks ago (my fault, didn't wait for my regular lady and got myself messed up!) I am over that already, it was hard, but I'll survive.

Anyway, I've been thinking of my next steps and Summer is right around the corner, so I'm wondering if any of you texlaxed ladies ever do WnGs? My fave relaxed YT'er, Ashley from the Happy Hair show wears her texlaxed hair in WnGs during the summer and I got my hair to a texture I really like, so I am thinking about it. My only hesitation, I am a stretcher, so I'll be dealing with NG and two textures and WnGs can be a manipulation-heavy option. And I am worried about maintaining it, I don't want to start from scratch every single day.

Thoughts? Tips? Cautionary tales? Anything will help, thanks!

Yesterday it was my 20th anniversary celebration so DH and I went out for dinner :) I used my precious Kerastase, I always forget how awesome they are and how they make my hair feel(specially the oleo relax serum!) so bad for my wallet but I'm trying to get through my stash.

Attachments

• 20160404_181728.jpg
    20160404_181728.jpg
    983.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 20160404_181803.jpg
    20160404_181803.jpg
    975.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 20160404_181919.jpg
    20160404_181919.jpg
    958.1 KB · Views: 69
Hi ladies, I have a question for ya'll. I had to go out of town unexpectedly for a funeral. I'm on my way back home. I didn't get a chance to do a wash DC and protein treatment before I get a virgin relaxer on Thursday. Do you think spraying my hair with Aphogee keratin and green tea restructizer and sealing with Evco will help? Or should I not worry about it and just do a protein treatment a few days post relaxer?

If you can't wait to do pre relaxer treatment, make sure you do the mid protein during the relaxer process

Is it normal for my hair to be kinda stretchy while wet? Not give me a protein treat right now stretchy but yenno..just stretchy?

Hi everyone! I'm new to LHCF and I thought my first post should be to introduce myself to my fellow relaxed heads since I plan on spending a lot of time in this thread. I just got a fresh relaxer and trim yesterday, so I'm considering this the official start of my healthy hair journey. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Hi everyone! I'm new to LHCF and I thought my first post should be to introduce myself to my fellow relaxed heads since I plan on spending a lot of time in this thread. I just got a fresh relaxer and trim yesterday, so I'm considering this the official start of my healthy hair journey. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Welcome @sarumoki! So glad you found us!

Be sure to read, read, read. Ask questions, and don't be shy! :)

:welcome4:

I'm thinking of wearing crochet braids until my next relaxer at the end of August. How soon after a relaxer would you say it'd be okay to put in crochet braids? And then, how long after taking them out would you wait to relax?

Back