Relaxed Hair Thread

I texlaxed my hair today at 41 weeks post finally. It was so soft last month and all of a sudden, the new growth just went crazy. I wonder if it had anything to do with the inversions I did in December, January and February? Hmm!

Anyway, I used Affirm Fiberguard mild lye relaxer mixed with sunflower oil, Keracare Restorative Mask and some Chi silk infusion serum. I used Affirm Sustenance treatment as my 5 minute protein treatment followed with my Affirm normalizing poo and French Perm Stabilizer Plus.

I mixed a little of the Keracare Restorative Mask with Mizani Moisturefuse as my deep treatment for 20 minutes. Redken Anti snap as my leave-in.

IDK why m post aren't showing in this thread!!!!!!!!!

I'm trying to post a utube video that I just watched of GORGEOUS relaxed hair. UGGGGGG this site sometimes.

Dont feel bad. I was recently contemplating a BKT instead of a relaxer (which I still might do; just waiting on the technology to evolve) and I managed to convince myself to stick to my 1-3 relaxers per year in a matter of 30 minutes :lol:

@SuchaLady, that's me! Back and forth. Back and forth. I can't tell you how many times I've contemplated calling the stylist for a touch up. I then chicken out. My poor dh sits and listens without complaint. Bless his heart. P.S. I used your quote in my blog post yesterday about you won't always be XX months post but you can always relax. :)

Hey ladies! So I decided to texlax my hair. I miss two things...

1) feeling the wind on my scalp as it blows through

2) and having my edges lay effortlessly

I also miss much time I saved styling my hair and not having the never ending issue of being too lazy to style since my hairs so thick.

I am going to read through this thread to get some great info, and I'll have to find a stylist who knows what texlaxing is which is going to be the hardest part I feel

This weekend I was like I can't deal with this mess....I didn't say I should relax though which usually follows after I fuss my hair out. I guess I'm accepting my truth a little more although I'm very much a fence straddler. @Saludable84

People ask me why I made the decision and I'm like I didn't. I had the intentions of relaxing again but when I was pregnant I was tired, and when I had DS I was just exhausted. I still have an uber huge tub of Design Essential Low Lye relaxer sitting in my closet. It just stopped because I didn't have time and whatever. I definitely miss this thread though. Learned so much from you ladies @sunnieb

I never did relax my hair because well I didnt feel like it :look: My graduation photos are the Saturday before Easter so Ill be relaxing next Monday so I can be laid in the shade for my pictures. I hope they turn out well. Im going to add clip ins this go round. I dont need them for length or thickness honestly but I will be outside vs inside for the pictures so if I get some wind blowing I wont look bald :lol:

I want to transition from PhytoSpecific to another relaxer. I'm debating between affirm and mizani.

Any recommendations? I guess it has to be lye like PhytoSpecific

@11228

I use Affirm Fireguard and I like it because it leaves some texture in my hair. It is never bone straight and I don't have to add anything to the relaxer. I have heard good things about PhytoSpecific why are you looking to change relaxers?

@11228

I use Affirm Fireguard and I like it because it leaves some texture in my hair. It is never bone straight and I don't have to add anything to the relaxer. I have heard good things about PhytoSpecific why are you looking to change relaxers?

I don't want bone straight hair but Phyto leaves too much texture in my hair, I might as well be natural. Paying that amount for a relaxer for that result seem like a waste to me.

I feel I could achieve my goal, a uniformed 80% relaxed hair with less priced relaxers.

Back