Relaxed Hair Thread

I went ahead and relaxed last night. Doing it on the schedule I'm using isn't working well. I think I need to listen to my hair more, instead of relying on a schedule. I was texlaxing April, August and December (4/8/12) but I think I'll extend the relaxers in the summer. I thought the other way was healthier but my hair has not been happy.

Hey ladies! I have heat damage and my hair feels and acts like its relaxed. I was natural but planned on going back to relaxing eventually. It happened like 2 weeks ago and it's the same all over. I still have loose curls (it looks like I'm texlaxed) could I grow my hair out an inch or 2 and start relaxing the new growth? Has anyone here done or heard of that?

^that was an amazing video! Its nice to see long healthy RELAXED hair. Especially when nowadays ppl act like if you use a relaxer you're the devil.. im sorry but i love me some creamy crack.

I know! Some of those Before/After pics were so inspiring! I don't think I'll be as hard and heavy into hair as I used to be, but I did do a cowash tonight because of that video. Laziness will cost me health and length every time!

I wasn't paying attention and accidentally bought this Nexxus protein conditioner. I used it for the first time tonight. If my hair likes it, I may have found a new light protein since my Motions CPR is becoming so hard to find.

2790-890996-N_ECOMM_TH_CON_A.jpg

I touched up on Saturday and had to cut all the growth I gained over the past 10 weeks. So sad.

I had a setback around Week 5 and 6 where I had a lot of shedding and breakage. I didn't realize how bad it was until I got my touch up. I think I'm going to return to relaxing every 8 weeks.

I'm really liking the Macadamia oil mask for my newgrowth. I also returned to Chi Silk Infusion, don't know why I ever stopped. Oh and mixing my conditioners is working wonders (Silicon Mix, Mizani Hydrafuse, a bit of AE garlic and a bit of Affirm protein treatment)

I'm so happy with my hair growth I have to share it lol! I got my hair cut 8 weeks ago because my ends were damaged...I felt like it was short so I got a sew-in....just took it down and my hair looks fabolous! I usually hate getting a relaxer because my hair is so thin looking, but I did a protein treatment(read it on here) before my neutralizer shampoo and its exactly like I like it! :drunk:

The only thing I did differently was running everyday, eating right and taking a multivitamin! I did it for weight loss, but I guess it had an effect on my hair too!

Before and after! :toocool:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    298 KB · Views: 153
I am very mildly texlaxed but technically that still makes me mildly relaxed...so I have been using a lot of great products on my hair lately, like Elucence Shampoos - (all of them), Shea Moisture 10 in 1 Mask, Macadamia Natural Oil Deep repair Mask, Redken Extreme mask in the jar and other Redken shampoos and conditioners, Pureology Shampoos and Conditioners, Matrix Hydrasource Mask, Aqua-Immersion Mask, and Conditioning Balm, etc...

Additionally, I've been taking Beautifully Bamboo vitamins and tea for 3 months now - tea not too consistently, but working on it better now. I also take half a serving of Manetabolism, biotin, MSM, collagen and phyto ceramide supplements.

I mostly protective style my hair with half wigs, wigs, and bunning.

I deep condition one to two time per month but I cowash often to keep my hair strengthened and moisturized.

I have started hennaing my hair again once a month to every 5 weeks as my grays are growing in with a fierce vengeance. Before it was henna once every 6-8 weeks.

I had a big chop in June 2014 and now almost APL already at just about 1.5 years later. I am extremely happy about that:yep:.

I am very mildly texlaxed but technically that still makes me mildly relaxed...so I have been using a lot of great products on my hair lately, like Elucence Shampoos - (all of them), Shea Moisture 10 in 1 Mask, Macadamia Natural Oil Deep repair Mask, Redken Extreme mask in the jar and other Redken shampoos and conditioners, Pureology Shampoos and Conditioners, Matrix Hydrasource Mask, Aqua-Immersion Mask, and Conditioning Balm, etc...

Additionally, I've been taking Beautifully Bamboo vitamins and tea for 3 months now - tea not too consistently, but working on it better now. I also take half a serving of Manetabolism, biotin, MSM, collagen and phyto ceramide supplements.

I mostly protective style my hair with half wigs, wigs, and bunning.

I deep condition one to two time per month but I cowash often to keep my hair strengthened and moisturized.

I have started hennaing my hair again once a month to every 5 weeks as my grays are growing in with a fierce vengeance. Before it was henna once every 6-8 weeks.

I had a big chop in June 2014 and now almost APL already at just about 1.5 years later. I am extremely happy about that:yep:.

Wow that is a lot of progress in a short amount of time! Awesome!

Back