Relaxed Hair Thread

divachyk Thank you so much lady :kiss: I joined LHCF freshman year in undergrad now I'm in the process of getting my Masters. Omg :blush:

I just finished my masters on December. It was a nice feeling. I was scared with my dissertation, but I moved that mountain like it was nothing. It gets better.

Please excuse my iPhone

It amuses me how man can send people to the moon/mars but there is no simple way to revert relaxed hair to natural :lachen:

Are the products really that good? Ive contemplated many times on trying the deep orange line. Oleo-Relax I believe.

They are great on my hair but pricey $$$ for my pockets. The thing is, where I live in Canada, there are some BSS but the selection is not that great. Many of the products I like I have to order online (my beloved Alfaparf for example, and some dominican products). I can buy Kerastase at several salons closeby. I've tried Redken but most of their products do not produce the same results on my hair. Kerastase shampoos are very concentrated, you only need a little. The masks, although great for my hair, offer very little product for the price so I am alternating btwn those and my usual masks. I am using the orange line(oleo relax) and the green line(ciment, full of ceramides) and also the oleo fusion vials and the ciment vials.

Pm me if you want a list of the products I use and how they work for me :yep: Take into account that the shampoos are not sulfate free if you are into that (I'm not) and contain silicones (which I love)

It's here!!! My LCL is here!!!

Wash day might come a day early.

Y'all should've seen me running towards the Fedex man he was scared. Lol

I'm in my room making my own deep conditioner feeling like a chemist :lachen:

I put some dabur vatika oil in my conditioner which itself smells like nutmeg, mixed with my other deep conditioners has my room smelling like sweet potato pies :lick: :lachen:

Just ordered my Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp Relaxer! I used a new online retailer (sleekhair.com), so I'll be sure to post about my experience.

They were $30 cheaper than my usual eBay vendor and they had a coupon code (AUTUMN13) for free shipping! :grin:

Received my order yesterday. Great communication from the company with my order status and updates.

They also emailed me a coupon for $15 off my next purchase of $130. I probably won't be ordering anything that expensive, but it's a nice gesture.

I will definitely keep this website in my favorites. :yep:

Today was the 1st time me washing my hair since my relaxer two weeks ago. My hair was effortless to wash with no tangles and matting. I was considering going natural but long stretchers really puts things in perspective. IDK if I have the energy to deal with that added drama. But I never say never.

2weeks ago was the 1st time I self relaxed my whole head, and I must say I did a pretty good job. My hair is the exact texture that I wanted. I still have a wave pattern w/o the coarseness.

Since I decided to start enjoying my hair more and less PS, I plan on DC my hair 2x's a week instead of my usual once a week. For 2morrow I plan on wearing a braidout on airdried hair.

HHJ:)

No braidout for me. I decided to rock my airdried hair for the next couple of days. #bighairdontcare

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 59
I'm so bored with my hair..I'm just going to let it grow and do its own thing for a while. I'll still M&S every night and deep condition twice a week. Styling..up everyday..no heat..just maintenance

I'm so bored with my hair..I'm just going to let it grow and do its own thing for a while. I'll still M&S every night and deep condition twice a week. Styling..up everyday..no heat..just maintenance

Me too, I wear flexi rods mostly, just curls in general and want to wear it straight but don't want to flat iron, I will probably wait until October 8 when I get a fresh relaxer and roller set and not have to flat iron even though I shouldn't because I'm going to want to cut because my hair isn't even all around

Back