Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I think I've tried the majority of that line and I really like it. The only thing I'm not a huge fan is the curl cream, but I'm not a huge fan of curl creams in general.

Thank you! I was wondering, since I liked the curl activator, what I would use the curl cream for, now I won't bother. I saw a really positive review on YT for the deep conditioner/masque, did you like it? I want to try the cowash too :blush:

Thank you! I was wondering, since I liked the curl activator, what I would use the curl cream for, now I won't bother. I saw a really positive review on YT for the deep conditioner/masque, did you like it? I want to try the cowash too :blush:
I have not used the conditioner/masque or the twist/lock gel. I like the cowash, shine and define custard and curl activator (check out some of my post in the fall/winter wash n go challenge regarding these products) You should try it all to see if you like it everyone's hair is different. The curl cream just seems to sit on my hair, but that's how most curl creams act I my hair. The only curl cream I can get to really work in my hair is Jane Carter.

I am so broke but I had to re uo on my qhemet. I definetly stocked up for the year. Perhaps i'll let my own hair hang out more and buy some flexi rods.

Purchased
32oz of the cocoa ghee and amala
2 butters

I wasn't about paying the cost of shipping (14+) that equates to me buying another producy

So using Hicks Edges for a month straight broke about an inch off of my leave out (I have a sew in). I didn't realize it until I got my sew in tightened this past Wednesday and she straightened my leave out and I could see how short it was. BEYOND frustrated. She said Hicks is too strong for some hair types and can cause the hair to become too fragile/prone to breakage. I used it every morning after my workout to slick down my leave out over my sew in. Live and learn........

My warm fuzzy sweatshirts and hoodies are tangling and matting my nape. I will have to wear satin scarves around my neck this winter.

Jumped in the shower and rinsed some trsme naturals through my hair, no towel or t shirt drying applied some Eco styler clear gel and my hair dried in 4 hours! So happy!

finally caved and bought hairfinity vitamins!! I hope to see some real results post sew in next Spring. I'm aiming for 4 extra inches so I can be APL by April!!

My hair always turns out best the day after I was it. But I need to find a new air drying hairstyle. The way I have to wear it while it's drying is not so flattering.

My hair looks so flat with it being out and product buildup. I seriously don't like wearing my hair straight. I worry about the breakage and I don't like wrapping my hair.

I guess I have hair anorexia(I knew that because it doesn't feel long most of the time, because I showed her my hair growth over a year pics and my hair stops at the end of my back bone and the girl said "your hair doesn’t look long and I'm thinking, you telling me....

The other black girl in the class ponytail was swinging and just touching the tip of her back when she wore it out, but I did her hair today, while she is in a weave and has leave out and her hair is damaged badly. The ends look horrible, it feels gummy just no. I'm glad with my hair it will be long before I know it.

Every time when i mention I don't use heat, people look at me like I'm crazy. I'm relaxed and I just need rollers, that's it! The girl said I was allergic to heat, yup

I went back to a simple hair regimen. I find that following all these rules to being natural makes being natural cumbersome. Sulfate, silicone, mineral oil, high heat are all back in my routine. My hair is doing much, much better.

Yeeess!!!! This is where I am the second time around. I loved quite a few natural hair products I've tried, but I'm finding that these cheap, regular ole black products are working just fine :look: . I'm loving my LeKair Cholesterol DC, and I just bought some Dax pressing grease :takecover:

Yeeess!!!! This is where I am the second time around. I loved quite a few natural hair products I've tried, but I'm finding that these cheap, regular ole black products are working just fine :look: . I'm loving my LeKair Cholesterol DC, and I just bought some Dax pressing grease :takecover:

ckisland (throws plastic bottle at your head for mentioning dax!)

Just sprayed the HECK out of my hair with dry shampoo! Forgot how quickly my scalp gets oily when I wear my hair straightened.

Trying to go one more week :look:

Djm!

I actually really like lekair cholesterol! :yep:

I decided to give up on the curly girl method. The longer my hair gets... The more it likes cones :)

I seriously can't get down with this straight hair and wrapping. I feel my hair tugging on my shirt periodically and it drives me nuts because I know I broke a few hairs. Then wrapping I break a couple too, this is why I rather just do curly because of health reasons but then you get tired of the same ish. I seriously need to start styling my hair in updos (which I can't do) especially since I got a fresh relaxer and can show my edges without putting anything on them

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying my straight hair. When I straightened last year, I got bored quickly, but now that it's longer...I dunno, I'm having more fun with it, and I'm being super lazy and it still looks nice. At night, I run a wide tooth comb through it a few times, I twist it in a bun (but don't secure it with anything), and throw on a bonnet. I'm loving not having to detangle. After the holidays, I'm going back to crochet braids. I loooooove my hair in it's natural state, but it's nice to have a break from detangling

I'm really enjoying my straight hair. When I straightened last year, I got bored quickly, but now that it's longer...I dunno, I'm having more fun with it, and I'm being super lazy and it still looks nice. At night, I run a wide tooth comb through it a few times, I twist it in a bun (but don't secure it with anything), and throw on a bonnet. I'm loving not having to detangle. After the holidays, I'm going back to crochet braids. I loooooove my hair in it's natural state, but it's nice to have a break from detangling

I'm going to try that twisting in a bun, but I can't even do a bun! But assuming you don't mean a neat donut bun right sgold04

Well I finally have taken down my mini-braids a couple days ago. My hair did grow a lot and I absolutely adored them, but I don't think I'll be putting them back in. See, my hair hates being combed, even though I used tons of conditioner and water. I was so excited that once I got in the shower to wet my hair, I did a protein treatment and everything before I realized I didn't actually shampoo my hair lol. So the next day I clarified (was I supposed to do that?) then I used Jane Carter's SLS-free shampoo, conditioned with Sukin's Moisture Restoring Conditioner (smells like lemongrass), then braided my hair while it was soaking wet, let it air-dry for a bit before I blow-dried it. Surprisingly, I lost more hair finger-detangling then when I actually used the comb attachment on the blow-dryer (love my Yellowbird..you and me must never part), which is the only time I actually used a comb other than when I took down the braids. Now I gotta figure out if I want to incorporate more heat into my regime (every 2 weeks, blow-dry only). So many variables. Well they don't call it a (healthy) hair journey for nothing...

Last edited:
I'm going to try that twisting in a bun, but I can't even do a bun! But assuming you don't mean a neat donut bun right sgold04

No, it's not neat at all, and I don't even secure it. It's more like a Bantu knot, but I don't do all the extra twisting. I used to secure it with hair pins, but now I just let it lay loosely hanging in my bonnet

I know it's kind of late but is anyone interested in doing a secret santa? I miss participating in those threads

I am having a challenging washing out castor oil from my hair. I found some V05 Tea Therapy Clarifying conditioner, so I am going to give it a try.

Back