Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I wore my very first twist out to the movies yesterday and for the first time in my life people were staring at my hair. It was kinda weird but I love my big fluffy hair.

But it took me like an hour and a half..why didn't yal tell me lol

I've only gone to Dominican shops and African braiders. They can do "natural" styles but they are very limited in their application compared to more "natural" salons. I would love to go to a salon for twistouts, braidouts, etc.

Plus, as I'm thinking about buying more natural haircare products from like Qhemet, Hairveda, etc., it would be nice if I could go to a salon that uses these products to try them out first. That's how I got introduced to many products so used today (and many I knew to stay away from lol).

Everything I wanted from Hairveda is out of stock :lachen:. I might as well just buy that stuff one at a time full price at a later date :lol:.

Other than a few esstenials that I need to restock on at some point, I have everything I need for my hair, face, and body for some time.

Should I buy something from APB or Hairveda? I've been wanting to try both brands for a while. Maybe I'll get one from each... Or 2 from each ::look::

I decided to relax my hair in three weeks or 2.5 which will put me at 8 weeks. The way how my hair is behaving, I don't want to cause unnecessary breakage, especially in my crown area.

I still haven't taken down the rest of my mini-braids. I ended up helping my cousin cook Thanksgiving dinner (long, violent story. The police were involved smh). I've only taken down one section. I think next time I won't make them so mini lol.

So I badmouthed kknt all over this site. Well it seems my hair hates it applied to wet hair. Dry, however, this stuff is amazing. Instead of watering my hair which she hates to have water everyday, I use kknt in the morning, apply oil as a sealant and french roll her into an updo. Dont even need gel. No breakage.

on the flipside, I extolled the benefits of AIA leave in. Winter is too dry here and it has glycerin. My hair got cruuuuunchy dry. It was great in the summer tho. On the shelf it goes until late spring...

Lilmama1011 Originally I typed a long response, but I got 404'd. Long story short, I had to stop my mom from killing my Aunt H, because Aunt H was being a violent, drunk prick and made my Aunt L pass out and she has heart problems. So we ended up cooking Thanksgiving dinner.

Let's just say I reached my headlock quota. I don't want to put anyone else in a headlock. The police were called (there were some fine-arse cops though). It's strange the things we notice under stress.

[USER=347995]DoDo[/USER];20830265 said:
Everything I wanted from Hairveda is out of stock :lachen:. I might as well just buy that stuff one at a time full price at a later date :lol:.

I totally agree. The only thing I ever catch myself buying or needing frequently is mouth wash or deodorant. Everything else is stocked up a long time.

So I have two appointments for the 13th of next month. One for a flat iron on natural and the other for a virgin relaxer. I'm still deciding on which one I am going to cancel. I really like how the person straightened my natural hair last week but not really feeling the price. It's $65 for a press and a extra $17 to get my ends trimmed. So I will be walking out the salon paying $82, and that price doesn't include a deep condition with steam or anything as they charge extra. Which in this day and age is insane to me with all the "healthy hair care practice salons" popping up where I live that are starting to offer steamings with their natural hair straightening services. And outside of the $17 trim, 65 is five dollars more than what a relaxer touch up costed me a few years ago. I don't know I kind of side eye salons that want to charge extra for stuff that really should be apart of the style and health of hair especially if they charge a lot to begin with.

I follow a lot of relaxed ladies' blogs and YT channels. I feel like a great majority of them have big chopped or transitioned to natural. I know there are still a few relaxed ladies on social media, but it almost feels outdated or off-trend to say you still use a relaxer.

Of course, that's not representative of what's happening outside of the virtual world but...it's just really interesting. Of course it's beautiful to see more natural ladies but I also feel kind of bummed that a lot of the ladies I follow are letting go of their relaxed strands...

I follow a lot of relaxed ladies' blogs and YT channels. I feel like a great majority of them have big chopped or transitioned to natural. I know there are still a few relaxed ladies on social media, but it almost feels outdated or off-trend to say you still use a relaxer.

Of course, that's not representative of what's happening outside of the virtual world but...it's just really interesting. Of course it's beautiful to see more natural ladies but I also feel kind of bummed that a lot of the ladies I follow are letting go of their relaxed strands...

I feel the same way. I Really love my relaxed hair.

BC number (I don't even know lol) but my hair hasn't been this shirt since 2009... Its prob a lil past collarbone length.. Last year this time my hair was MBL on its way to WL... until I straightened it and dyed it to death and relaxed it...now I'm starting over AGAIN..LE SIGH...

I noticed that on YouTube recently, while watching natural hair vids I'll click to their older videos and see they had healthy relaxed hair just a couple years ago and saying they wanted to changed their hair randomly. Tbh I thought relaxers were outdated when I was in high school 2008-2012, didn't know many black women still got them, I assumed everybody's hair was just washed flat ironed like mine. It always seemed like relaxers were a trend with my mom and her younger sisters generation (70s & 80s babies) didn't realize women used them like that now until I started lurking on lhcf.

I don't know why I keep my hair so long. I just keep getting tangles & knots in the back of my hair. Currently have three knots.

But my front is laid :look:

Walking around NOLA and there is so much fake hair here. And it's obviously fake hair.

It's extremely rare for me to see a good weave or wig here. They are so bad that it put me off fake hair for a long time. Up until a month ago, I seriously thought that it was impossible to wear a wig and not have it look like an obvious wig.

Hair feels good after a clay wash and deep condition, I love not blow drying my hair after every wash

. Mad I couldn't get any gel from my flaxseed today. :shakesfist: I really need a strainer, these stockings aren't working

Repair me does not feel like a moisturizing dc like some people say, it feels like what it is. But I will say it feels like a lighter protein even though it's strong. Best one I've tried and it doesn't stink like aphogee

I follow a lot of relaxed ladies' blogs and YT channels. I feel like a great majority of them have big chopped or transitioned to natural. I know there are still a few relaxed ladies on social media, but it almost feels outdated or off-trend to say you still use a relaxer. Of course, that's not representative of what's happening outside of the virtual world but...it's just really interesting. Of course it's beautiful to see more natural ladies but I also feel kind of bummed that a lot of the ladies I follow are letting go of their relaxed strands...
either someone is going natural, or weaved up! It's still a handful out there, and I watch their videos over and over! Lol that's why I'm on a mission to grow my hair long again. I like straight hair and my natural hair can not handle heat.

Last edited:

I've been seeing that too. The ones that really shocked me was shorty2sweet59 and justgrowalready. But I guess, if your relaxing once a year then you mine as well go natural. If/when I go back to relaxers I will be relaxing prob every 3mths; as oppose to my usual every 6mths to once a yr.

Back