Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I just did the stupidest thing ever: I warmed my oil a bit too much and think I burned my scalp in one spot. I really hope I don't end up losing hair in that spot.

Kurlee I have started using glycerine, it makes any conditioner I use after have amazing amounts of slip. I'm thinking of mixing it with oils or honey for more benefits.

I wrapped my hair without losing a hair, wow! That's a once in a life time thing. I usually lose st least 4 hairs. I'm talking about broken hairs. That's why I could never regular wrap weekly. That aside from that I stretch for 3 months and I don't use heat so my roots would look a mess. When I use to wrap before the board, my right side was thinner than my left because I always wrap to the right. And i hate cross wrapping. I want a bump at the ends, not just straight

Only thing about getting my hair straightened that bothers me... Is that after spending so much time on this board I don't want to wear it down for fear of my ends... And I'm realizing more, it's hard for me to really enjoy my hair,

So I'm vowing to en joy it more. Hopefully I still retain length, but if I don't... C'est la vie.

But I'm wearing my hair down and loving this look right now. So I'm gonna continue!

Can't decide if I should finish braiding my hair or take this out and crochet it. I always act like the next hair style is the last ever hair style I'll get to do lol

no more hair products. I need a luxury car by March- April 2015.

My hair regimen is really simple actually, I just have a lot of high priced deep conditioners and conditioners. I can't pass a good sounding deep conditioner up but I sure will now.

I work from home 3-4 days a week so I don't have to worry about cold weather really. I'm going to use up a lot of stuff sitting around thats 3/4 full when I come out of this crochet style.

Once I get everything down , I'll only keep KCCC, Xtreme Professional Wetline Gel and my own FSG for styling.

Conditioners are going to be a little tricky because I don't really use them too much when I WashnGo. Leave in Conditioners are only if I feel like it because adding one into my styling routine, only adds to my drying time.

So, new year I'm going to take stock of whats in my product room and get ta using.

Not hair related: Thanksgiving was so wonderful. My bf made me so proud this weekend!!!

Hair related: I know I know. Back and forth like a pendulum but I think I'm gonna bkt when I take my weave. I still want to transition longer but I want color .

I got a crush on UloveMegz! She reminds me of me! Lol I just watched a couple of her videos and I got so mad at myself for allowing those horrendous tangles I got in my hair last year and cutting my hair again this year! If I didn't cut my hair earlier this year, I would be BSB by now! If she goes natural, my soul will burn! Lol

I got a crush on UloveMegz! She reminds me of me! Lol I just watched a couple of her videos and I got so mad at myself for allowing those horrendous tangles I got in my hair last year and cutting my hair again this year! If I didn't cut my hair earlier this year, I would be BSB by now! If she goes natural, my soul will burn! Lol

Lolololol!

Not hair related: Thanksgiving was so wonderful. My bf made me so proud this weekend!!! Hair related: I know I know. Back and forth like a pendulum but I think I'm gonna bkt when I take my weave. I still want to transition longer but I want color .
leave the color alone right now. Just get the BKT. I just don't want you to experience any setbacks. I'm recovering from color.

I mixed another concoction of conditioner (Naturelles Herbal Blends Deep Conditioner), and a tablespoon of my beloved avocado oil in a very small and very old food processor that i keep under my sink (don't judge :look:). Blended it to a smooth and yummy consistency. Sitting under my soft bonnet now for my DC relaxing.

Loving it :grin:

Last edited:
I wrapped my hair without losing a hair, wow! That's a once in a life time thing. I usually lose st least 4 hairs. I'm talking about broken hairs. That's why I could never regular wrap weekly. That aside from that I stretch for 3 months and I don't use heat so my roots would look a mess. When I use to wrap before the board, my right side was thinner than my left because I always wrap to the right. And i hate cross wrapping. I want a bump at the ends, not just straight

Wow...I must be doing something wrong because I don't think I've ever done anything without having at least 5 broken hairs

I don't know which member here mentioned the Bobeam shampoo bars but God bless her... This was the missing key to my perfect hair regimen. I'd been looking for a natural AND moisturizing shampoo and they are it.
Regular shampoos+ Winter have been drying my scalp out something terrible and these bars are sooo moisturizing and they lather up so nice- I'm now a happy camper.

ETA: They also help to make my hair really soft & manageable which is a necessity for a long term transitioner such as myself.

I don't know which member here mentioned the Bobeam shampoo bars but God bless her... This was the missing key to my perfect hair regimen. I'd been looking for a natural AND moisturizing shampoo and they are it.
Regular shampoos+ Winter have been drying my scalp out something terrible and these bars are sooo moisturizing and they lather up so nice- I'm now a happy camper.

ETA: They also help to make my hair really soft & manageable which is a necessity for a long term transitioner such as myself.

Which one did you purchase? I have been wanting to purchase them but after reading several reviews i decided against it. I had wanted the rhassoul one and honey and oats bar

I use 4oz coconut oil, 4 oz ghee, 2oz grape seed oil, 2 oz sunflower oil. Put them in an applicator bottle and heat until ghe isn't solid and the oil is warm. I love this recipe

Thanks for posting this. I have some ghee from a failed prepoo experiment. I have all the other oils that you mentioned and will certainly try your concoction soon. Thanks for posting this!

Been a while since I've been in here. Thought I'd get back to posting regularly lol. Right now, I need to wash my hair but I'm too lazy.

Thanks for posting this. I have some ghee from a failed prepoo experiment. I have all the other oils that you mentioned and will certainly try your concoction soon. Thanks for posting this!

Np i love ghee! I make sure to heat it with the oils and it retains a liquid state.

I went back to a simple hair regimen. I find that following all these rules to being natural makes being natural cumbersome. Sulfate, silicone, mineral oil, high heat are all back in my routine. My hair is doing much, much better.

I'm thinking I will be going back to wigs for a while. Not sure yet, though. Not feeling my TWA right now. Can't seem to find the right combination of products or something. :nono: I am enjoying the wig I wear now on the weekends, but it's almost time to have to find another one. I just love long glamorous hair and I feel more confident with it. :ohwell:

Back