Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

The attention im getting with this weave is crazy. I love how easy it is to be glamourous! My real hair is just too thin and fine to give me the umph i needed.

Are you ok with the henna changing your hair color? I dont know all the facts about Henna, but I think it can be drying at times and I believes that it turns your hair a deep red color.

The color thing is true for me but it doesn't dry my hair out. But I deep condition after with a moisturizing conditioner for twenty minutes though

I've started adding about 1/4 cup of deep conditioner to my henna mix and following up with a deep conditioner. :look: Breakage is my major problems, so every bit helps.

I only like my straight hair for like two days then it gets limp. With only a drop of oil added each night :nono: wth.

Gonna do a flexirod set or some curly style with volume for thanksgiving, shock some of my family who last saw my hair when it was 0.00001 inches lol.

Do you think I could use henna (cassia obovata) on my bleached hair? It’s bleached and dyed red.

From what I've read (most of it on this forum) henna and cassia are two different things that act in a similar way. Where henna deposits a red colour, cassia deposits a neutral colour (on dark hair) that tends to enhance blonde or greys. If you want to try the process out without the red, you could opt for cassia and so a strand test to see how it affects your bleached hair.

Is this conditioner really worth the price? Has anyone tried it?

moroccanoil-moisture-repair-conditioner-eight-five-ounce-278x278.jpg

Last edited:
First time I'm really seeing my natural curls in 15 years! I'm feeling so free. I definitely have heat damage but it's not as bad as I thought

Attachments

• image-3047834612.jpg
    image-3047834612.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 64
My room is eating my products. I am officially missing:
  • Paul Mitchell SSS (It was so expensive too :cry:)
  • GVP Joico Kpak
  • Hollywood Beauty Carrot Oil

@gettinkinky I have the same issue. Most of my hair is 4a/b but the front in this undefined mass of hair with the odd wave or so. I think I over cut it because I couldn't tell the difference between is and my texlaxed hair. In fact my texlaxed hair was curlier. I don't know wh0at so do. When wet this Ares of hair is completely flat and straight. Check out honestly Erica on YTshe has the same thing only her hair is a looser texture to mine.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

GettingKinky The edges around your face could be rough because that part of your hair takes a lot of stress from washing your face. It gets wet a lot and maybe even gets some of your facial cleanser on it. Do you wear a shower cap? You could also try moisturizing that part more often. And tie it down with a scarf at night. HTH.

Last edited:
I really want to stock up and try great products this Black Friday, but I'm halfway into my transition so my hair is 50/50 relaxed and natural. It would be a waste of money if I can't use these when I'm fully natural.

Now that I'm natural I can't rest my head because the back of my hair will get flattened out

Same here! Which is why I must retwist nightly. Even If I take a nap on my twist out it's literally smooshed and flattened in a very unattractive manner - all the refluffing won't help much. Hopefully this gets better as my hair gets longer.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Same here! Which is why I must retwist nightly. Even If I take a nap on my twist out it's literally smooshed and flattened in a very unattractive manner - all the refluffing won't help much. Hopefully this gets better as my hair gets longer. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Well I guess were just bound to sitting up straight. I hope so too. These smushed twists out and curls are not the business

I lost barely any hair after relaxing. Using the neutralizing several times and using the ors aloe shampoo dried it out, I would have never attempted to comb it out. I used the creme of nature argan oil shampoo and omg, it was amazing. I was able to run my hands through it and detangle with my comb, only losing like 10 hairs and last time I lost a lot after relaxing because it was so drying

I really want to stock up and try great products this Black Friday, but I'm halfway into my transition so my hair is 50/50 relaxed and natural. It would be a waste of money if I can't use these when I'm fully natural.

Everyone is different BUT the prods I used as a relaxed head DO NOT work at all on my natural hair....however the products that worked on my hair while transitioning work gangbusters on my natural hair. I just use them differently....

Sooooo u may want to go on and shop tomorrow. ;)

I seriously suck at whole head rollersets. It took me 3 hrs yal. Wth. I should have did a ponytail roller set but when I do eight, it takes a long time to dry. But I guess I will try 12 ponytails instead. I just kept taking them out because a hair that wasn't wrapped around

Now I'm air drying for like 40 minutes to an hour. Might just air dry for 2 hours and it should be dry. Last time it air dried quickly. But I might just do the hour and sit under the dryer in 20 minutes

Ok so....

Had a gift card so bought the Aia coconut cowash. Yea. So far so good. Giving ot a few more times before I call it a staple.

I used a sulfate shampoo the other day and got too carried away with it. I felt the sulfates eating away at the dirt on my hair and was so excited that I lathered and rinsed 3 times.

Never should have done that. My hair has been so dry ever since that idk what to do.

Back