Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I think I am going to be in love with this Zen Detox. Didn't detangle, no shampoo, no conditioner, 30 minutes ... my hair feels soft and moisturized. :lick: I let my hair air dry and shrink and no tangles. I actually twisted my hair with no product :blush:

For a minute I even thought I might be able to do a WNG :lol: But I'm not that crazy.

I can't wait to do it again next week. I have a feeling I have found a staple. :yep:

Washed hair and have it pulled back instead of the rollerset. Want to baby my edges more so need to lay them down. I have a nice ponytail back there, but still not sure what style I'll wear in the morning..Eh

Tonight I will oil my entire head. It's itchy, but like I said before I can't trust this cheap weave I have in so I can't wash my scalp.

Next week this is coming down after I get my full 4 weeks worth of wearing lol. Try to find a cute updo to put this weave in for tomorrow.

My ng is acting weird today. Employing the scarf method to keep these edges down. Can't complain though for 8 months post I think I'm doing pretty good.

I have found that Taliaah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier helps to remoisturize my twistouts. Its like a natural, glycerin free S curl or Hawaiian Silky spray. New staple.

Sent from my DROIDX

i am going to buy a new wig this weekend. it is going to be the same one that i have. i am going to buy that same wig for awhile. everyone thinks it's my hair and it's short. i swear the process for washing my hair is getting more time consuming, but whatever.

i used that Hair One cleanser to wash and detangle my hair in sections. i really love it. then i twisted each section, rinsed, then took down each section to apply dc, and retwist. now i got a plastic cap on. i will rinse in an hour. i had to do all of this mess at the sink, instead of the shower. didn't want to waste water.

I have found that Taliaah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier helps to remoisturize my twistouts. Its like a natural, glycerin free S curl or Hawaiian Silky spray. New staple.

Sent from my DROIDX

I ran across it in CVS yesterday. I thought I'd found gold or something. However, I resisted actually purchasing it because I bought some oyin stuff online yesterday afternoon.

Thinking of going back to my Celie braids or twists under wigs for the summer months.

NikkiQ- that is the route i'm taking for the summer. I look like something straight up out of the Color Purple! :lachen: but i know my hair will thank me for it in three months. i am rocking the Mommy Wig this summer. i bought a satin spandex cap to wear underneath the wig, so my twists won't dry out, or get damaged from the friction.

@NikkiQ- that is the route i'm taking for the summer. I look like something straight up out of the Color Purple! :lachen: but i know my hair will thank me for it in three months. i am rocking the Mommy Wig this summer. i bought a satin spandex cap to wear underneath the wig, so my twists won't dry out, or get damaged from the friction.

I'm probably going to try to make my own wig or half wig with all this extra weave I have laying around instead of paying to get a sew in done. I relied on Celies during the last half of my transition and Lord knows that helped me out BIG time! lol

I ran across it in CVS yesterday. I thought I'd found gold or something. However, I resisted actually purchasing it because I bought some oyin stuff online yesterday afternoon.

kandake, I actually purchased the spray little over a year ago while I was transitioning-for my new growth. I hadn't heard the name, but the ingredients were on point. Then I didn't know how to use it. I was wearing my hair bone straight and the spray made it a litle too oily and weighed the relaxed ends down. I just recently started doing twistouts. Now I have a use for it.

Sent from my DROIDX

After reading Riverrock's thread about sister locs, I kind of had an epiphany about pipe cleaners. I've never been able to have a successful twist out and braidouts sometimes flop because my ends are straight. Perm rods don't work for me. Hmmm... :scratchch

For the next six months I am committing to no heat and deep conditioning at least 2 times a week.

Does it annoy anyone else that the Science of Black Hair Care is pretty much sold out on Amazon? Like is this book really bringing new info to the table, or are people just flocking to it because the author used the words science + black hair???

^^^ I may be biased but I think people are flocking to it because many of us having print outs of the authors articles from AC in our hair journals. The what's and why's are nice to have on hand without having to read through several threads on the topic....again I may be biased because I loved the articles and thoroughly enjoyed the book. Amazon.com seems to have stock.

Thanks Nix08. I'm not familiar with this author so I was wondering. When I just checked Amazon (I'm on there ordering some other books), they only had one left of the paperback.

@EllePixie if that's the case someone's getting rich quick:grin:
The author is aka sistaslick she has posting on here from years ago and similar writings on Associated Content.
What else are you reading anything good?

@EllePixie if that's the case someone's getting rich quick:grin:
The author is aka sistaslick she has posting on here from years ago and similar writings on Associated Content.
What else are you reading anything good?

Gotcha - if she is already an established writer on black hair care, I feel better about it. Someone told me yesterday that she suggests condishes with cones are better though (not that I am anti-cone), so I was like :ohwell:.

I'm getting a couple of books on feminism - Full Frontal Feminism and The Feminine Mystique.

Common misspelled words I see in hair blogs, dominican products, and in posts:
The word is coarse not course.
It is length not lenght.
It is strength not strenght.

Gotcha - if she is already an established writer on black hair care, I feel better about it. Someone told me yesterday that she suggests condishes with cones are better though (not that I am anti-cone), so I was like :ohwell:.

I'm getting a couple of books on feminism - Full Frontal Feminism and The Feminine Mystique.

Are you going to write about your thoughts in your blog? Just wondering :)

Anyways... I braided my hair in individuals this Monday... and I'm already itching to take them out. I miss my hair! My mom goaded me on to do it, and I don't like them. They look nice... but argh. I miss my hair ;__;

Are you going to write about your thoughts in your blog? Just wondering :)

Anyways... I braided my hair in individuals this Monday... and I'm already itching to take them out. I miss my hair! My mom goaded me on to do it, and I don't like them. They look nice... but argh. I miss my hair ;__;

On the Science of Black Hair Care book or feminism??

Dear Friend,

I love you like a sister but DO NOT pull a random twist down from MY HAIR without my permission with DIRTY FINGERS to show someone how long my hair has grown. If you violate me again I might have to chop your fingers off. Thank you

Winona

I was talking about the latter. But now I'm thinking about both :look:

LOL my thoughts on feminism would probably cause firestorm, so no way. But if I got that book I'd def review it...but I dunno if I feel like spending $25 on something that isn't going to offer me any new info....

Dear Friend,

I love you like a sister but DO NOT pull a random twist down from MY HAIR without my permission with DIRTY FINGERS to show someone how long my hair has grown. If you violate me again I might have to chop your fingers off. Thank you

Winona
dear acquaintance,

Do not interrogate me about my hair every time u see me and make backhanded compliments as you feel through my hair uninvited with your dirty hands. Don't tell me my hair is pretty but then say I have a teensy weensy ponytail with your gap toothed smile. And i'm not stupid, I know you're gently tugging and/or feeling for tracks. Get a life, hussy!

Signed,

Back the *** UP!

Last edited:
I always wanna say catty stuff in here!! Someone shut my little butt up!

I think it's funny the Mixed Chicks Kids LI is better than the adult one. :P

Back