Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Hmm, no plans tonight, think I'll catch xmen on a matinee tommorrow. So I guess tonight will be hair wash night.

I love my Hair products, I am no longer a hardcore PJ; so I go to the store to feel like I am at home. they bring back fond memories of when I had a Beauty Supply Store in my house. :giggle:

I want to so try other Deep Conditioners BUT.... I tell myself, you have about 2 years worth of Deep Conditioner, Stop the presses. Stop it Stop.... Leave that money on your Hair Card, Leave it. Don't spend more money. And then it happens, I press the check out button with an empty cart. LOL, It's therapy to me.

At a blah point in hair life. I log onto LHCF and log off. I log on and log off. Post very little. My hair isn't perfect so that's not why I'm not engaging. I just don't have much energy these days. Been dealing with a cold so every aspect of life is has been put on whenever I get to it status.

I will force myself to wash tomorrow because I can't remember the last time I washed. Think it was last Sunday. I normally wash weekly but going out of town and then getting sick when returning just threw me off schedule.

I love my Hair products, I am no longer a hardcore PJ; so I go to the store to feel like I am at home. they bring back fond memories of when I had a Beauty Supply Store in my house. :giggle:

I want to so try other Deep Conditioners BUT.... I tell myself, you have about 2 years worth of Deep Conditioner, Stop the presses. Stop it Stop.... Leave that money on your Hair Card, Leave it. Don't spend more money. And then it happens, I press the check out button with an empty cart. LOL, It's therapy to me.

lol too many things to laugh at. A hair card?

Droid typing leads to typos for me

@EllePixie - re: the book -- I was purchase hesitant also but I received notice that I have several upcoming business trips so I was like hmm, I need something to read while traveling so I purchased it. I am unwilling to browse the book until I'm at the airport. I'm a uneasy flyer. But all reviews I've seen/read are positive in nature. As I understand it, the book provides a scientific approach and explanation of the how's and why's. These are things you might already know but I sure don't. Perhaps visit a local library to see if they have the book available for you to preview to determine worth. eta: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=503261

Last edited:
@EllePixie - re: the book -- I was purchase hesitant also but I received notice that I have several upcoming business trips so I was like hmm, I need something to read while traveling so I purchased it. I am unwilling to browse the book until I'm at the airport. I'm a uneasy flyer. But all reviews I've seen/read are positive in nature. As I understand it, the book provides a scientific approach and explanation of the how's and why's. These are things you might already know but I sure don't. Perhaps visit a local library to see if they have the book available for you to preview to determine worth. eta: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=503261

Thanks for the lank! I checked to see if they had it at my library yet but they don't...I got Cathy Howse's book instead and I can't stand it so far. She is too messy in this book throwing shade at other hair people!

Henna in my hair. Biked for 6 miles w/a plastic cap on under an ugly scarf. Well, at least I worked out. Will rinse in 3 hrs, dc with AOHSR w/evil and honey x 30min w/heat. Then do twists for my tnc. I love my hair.

Sent from my DROIDX

Thanks for the lank! I checked to see if they had it at my library yet but they don't...I got Cathy Howse's book instead and I can't stand it so far. She is too messy in this book throwing shade at other hair people!
Thank you for the Cathy Howse book info. That was another book that I was interested in, although I planned to visit the library on that one first. I also purchased Chicoro's Grow book for the flight travels so that in case I get tired of reading Science, I can crack open Chicoro's. :spinning:

I can't get my hair like it is in my siggy. I've been trying and trying and it ends up looking ugly. I got it in twists again. Hopefully in the morning it acts right.

Im beyond sick of this protective style..

Kinda bummed that my thinning edges have not totally filled in...Reckon that'll learn me

Guess its back to hair vits, and such..@sad face@

Why o why do i feel so lost when I'm out of my beloved scurl...i broke down and bought a huge bottle lol. I only wear this when I'm wiggin daily.

I can't wait to give my hair a much needed drink and i am def gonna keep a stash of scurl.

I notice that after a couple days of using this on my hair it stays moist and i don't have to use it everyday...maybe every 3-4 days....im in love lol.

dear acquaintance,

Do not interrogate me about my hair every time u see me and make backhanded compliments as you feel through my hair uninvited with your dirty hands. Don't tell me my hair is pretty but then say I have a teensy weensy ponytail with your gap toothed smile. And i'm not stupid, I know you're gently tugging and/or feeling for tracks. Get a life, hussy!

Signed,

Back the *** UP!

well damn lol. I feel you I get sometimes too, I'm like ya'll know good and well....

Droid typing leads to typos for me

Thank you for the Cathy Howse book info. That was another book that I was interested in, although I planned to visit the library on that one first. I also purchased Chicoro's Grow book for the flight travels so that in case I get tired of reading Science, I can crack open Chicoro's. :spinning:

I like Chicoro's book, it's a really easy read and I like her positive attitude. And I like how she emphasizes that people should be realistic with their journey...

Cathy doesn't seem as educated as we'd like to think. Maybe it was because she wrote this back in the day, but I take issue with her finite statements. I think maybe I would be more impressed if I read this ten years ago?

Anywho, thank you so much for the link to the information on the Science of Black Hair Care book - I think I'm going to get it. I've read textbooks about hair, but they are way too expensive to purchase for home use, so if anything this will give me some science references that I can easily look up.

these yt folks is starting to get beside themselves about my wig. like they are trying to tell me that my wig looks better than my natural hair. see, this is one of the reasons why i don't like to be bothered with fake hair. but whatever. it's funny how the black girl i work with kept asking me about the wig and that she wanted to get one, but she lets everyone know that compliments me that it is a wig.

off topic, i don't like it when little kids put their hands on my face!

I got a good trim yesterday. I should beat myself for not getting them regularly.
I know my hair would look so much better.

5 days til straightening! :-D I hope my hair is BSL... I finally cut all the heat damage off in April and I want to be MBL by Dec 31, 2011! My final goal - OMG! I can't believe it's within reach! I never would've thought it possible 3 years ago! :-D

LOL my thoughts on feminism would probably cause firestorm, so no way. But if I got that book I'd def review it...but I dunno if I feel like spending $25 on something that isn't going to offer me any new info....

Yeah, I can see people being angry with my thoughts, too... especially since you're popular among the natural hair community, too.
That's the same reason why I don't want to buy it, either... and because I'm cheap.

As much as I HATE ordering hair products online (clothes/shoes, perfumes and furniture-yes, hair products-no), I just ordered Qhemet Biologics AOHC and BRBC. I hope I like the products. The entire site was sold out in less than 2 hrs of opening for the sale.

Sent from my DROIDX

Toronto Ladies - There is a relatively new bss at Markham and Sheppard that sells steamers from $99 for table tops and $149/$179 for the stand up ones for anyone looking.

I can't take my greasy weave any longer. I had on a white shirt & grease was all over it yesterday, not cute at all.

I won't be getting my 4 weeks worth of my cheap weave anymore.

Back