Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Thanks but I'm wearing my Tammy half wig in my siggy:lol:

My hair is about that length though. The pic in my avatar if from January 2009 when I first cut my hair and I'm just now starting to hit BSL :yep:

Well that wig is cute! And at BAL in 2 yrs? That is great!

Sent from my DROIDX

had to take out the cornrows. They were too loose :nono: my hair feels extremely soft though. Will wash, DC, blow dry then braid it up again tonight.

I've been so hair lazy. It's been even worse since I found out that I can do a ponytail. Once I get a stretchy headband, I'll do puffs.

Trying to stick to this plan.

Today: Braid the rest of my hair to stretch.
Friday :giggle:: Wash, condition, and start mini twist.

Back from vacation and in desperate need of some hair TLC. Off of work tomorrow so it shall be done and maybe a little length check pics to see if I can claim SL yet.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Wow so my beach trip today had tons of drama, plus we got lost. My hair is parched. I'm hoping the rest of my week is better. :(

had to take out the cornrows. They were too loose :nono: my hair feels extremely soft though. Will wash, DC, blow dry then braid it up again tonight.

EDIT: Okay I was about to knock out but forced myself to hit the shower to wash and DC. Glad I did. I missed my hair :cloud9: Shampooed with HE CMH and conditioned with :lick:One n Only Argan Oil Restorative Mask:lick:

Last edited:
Going on a strict budget for all things, hair and otherwise for June. Have a few more, must buy purchases but after that, it's a wrap. I've had my fun these past 6 months but I need to get back focused on being frugalicious (frugal).

Going on a strict budget for all things, hair and otherwise for June. Have a few more, must buy purchases but after that, it's a wrap. I've had my fun these past 6 months but I need to get back focused on being frugalicious (frugal).

I hear that. I spent $60 on hair stuff today (halfwigs and accessories). stop the madness

AlliCat, here's where I am....I spent the last 2 years hitting Dave Ramsey really hard. I mean hardcore. Not buying much of anything, just paying off bills. During those times, I didn't have hobby. The dh always had a hobby (motorcycles) so he received an allowance for his items. Well, when I found LHCF, my perspective changed and I stopped being hardcore Dave Ramsey and started living a little. I kinda enjoyed myself a little TOO much. I started buying up this and that busting my allowance. Well, I'm tired of doing that. I have enough product to last me a long while so I'm gonna buckle down and use it up. If it's an absolute necessity such as Alter Ego Garlic or something of that, I will buy. All these other, oooooo I wanna try products will just have to wait. As Dave would say - you have to live like no one else (not buying unnecessary stuff) to live like no one else (being financially sound because you've not thrown your money away). I know that's a bore based on the LHCF PJism standard but we're on a mission to be debt free so I need to regain focus and discipline. I will only spend what my allowance allows. Otherwise, I'll fall back in the stupid/unnecessary spending cycle I've been in for the past 6 months or so. Buying cheapie products didn't hit the pocket as hard. But now that I'm buying salon grade quality, whew - that adds up quick. I'm just over it.

@SuchaLady - what's a keep vs hit to road.

divachyk

Silk Elements shampoo has to hit the road. Dries out my scalp something serious.
CON Citrus shampoo has to go. Im allergic to citric acid. Ask me what one of the main ingredients is :rolleyes:
NTM as a leave in. No no no.
Silk Elements Cholesterol. I have to do without it for awhile to see if the mineral oil in it is holding me back.

I'm keeping my SE MegaSilk. Wonderful conditioner
Proclaim Natural 7 Oil. This stuff. OMG :lick:
Proclaim Serum is wonderful as well
ORS Lotion and Wave Nouveau are both keepers as well.

I dont really use much which is making it hard to choose new products. :/ I was considering Design Essentials or Mizani. Something salon quality.

Back to the regular grind next Monday. Long days here I come. *sigh* I feel pressured now to master a style that is perfect for my natural hair. As well as get that perfect product/nail my regimen. I love SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie for my tnc, but I probably need to find something w/o protein too. I am going to break down and order some products on line-Oyin, Qhemet and Hairveda. Shoot, I so hope my hair doesn't suffer. I just did flat twists on my hair. Ill take it down tomorrow. Hmmm, at least I can wear twists under a surgical cap. Maybe ill start wearing a bouffant cap-I think I have one w/Bugs Bunny on it-that way I can wear a satin cap or plastic cap (deep condition). Now that's a thought. But what will happen if I have to take the cap off?

Sent from my DROIDX

@AlliCat, here's where I am....I spent the last 2 years hitting Dave Ramsey really hard. I mean hardcore. Not buying much of anything, just paying off bills. During those times, I didn't have hobby. The dh always had a hobby (motorcycles) so he received an allowance for his items. Well, when I found LHCF, my perspective changed and I stopped being hardcore Dave Ramsey and started living a little. I kinda enjoyed myself a little TOO much. I started buying up this and that busting my allowance. Well, I'm tired of doing that. I have enough product to last me a long while so I'm gonna buckle down and use it up. If it's an absolute necessity such as Alter Ego Garlic or something of that, I will buy. All these other, oooooo I wanna try products will just have to wait. As Dave would say - you have to live like no one else (not buying unnecessary stuff) to live like no one else (being financially sound because you've not thrown your money away). I know that's a bore based on the LHCF PJism standard but we're on a mission to be debt free so I need to regain focus and discipline. I will only spend what my allowance allows. Otherwise, I'll fall back in the stupid/unnecessary spending cycle I've been in for the past 6 months or so. Buying cheapie products didn't hit the pocket as hard. But now that I'm buying salon grade quality, whew - that adds up quick. I'm just over it.

That's motivating, you seem very dedicated to get your finances on track. As for me, I'm a student....nuff said :drunk:

divachyk

Silk Elements shampoo has to hit the road. Dries out my scalp something serious.
CON Citrus shampoo has to go. Im allergic to citric acid. Ask me what one of the main ingredients is :rolleyes:
NTM as a leave in. No no no.
Silk Elements Cholesterol. I have to do without it for awhile to see if the mineral oil in it is holding me back.

I'm keeping my SE MegaSilk. Wonderful conditioner
Proclaim Natural 7 Oil. This stuff. OMG :lick:
Proclaim Serum is wonderful as well
ORS Lotion and Wave Nouveau are both keepers as well.

I dont really use much which is making it hard to choose new products. :/ I was considering Design Essentials or Mizani. Something salon quality.

This did nothing for me I wanted to like it so bad but the next day my hair felt crispy

I think I'm tired of my hair obsession. Maybe I'm only saying this because I'm having an off day but I don't like LHCF nearly as when I started getting addicting to posting. I remember never understanding the addiction people had with this site in the first place, it's too repetitive and censored — among other things. :giggle: Nothing personal but I'll be lurking unless something intriguing catches my eye or to see how everyone is doing. HHG, ladies. :grin:

Late night before I go to sleep I used my dr.miracles nape and temple, JBCO, and peppermint oil on my edges. I can feel some good tingles & I only used 1 drop per side :)

I've started jogging:yay:...ya I know this is the hair RT but I like it in here:grin: It will benefit my hair too plus get me drinking more water:yep:

Back