Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Fun day today! The baggy technique I tried failed so no blog post about that. I'm going to wash my hair to get the product out, feels soft but sticky and I don't know if I like that combination. Clearly keeping it as simple as I do works for me so no more experiments for a while. :lol: :look:

I helped my friend babysit her aunt's daughter, the little girl is named Moyo (pronounced Mo-ya). We baked cupcakes for a beach hangout we're having as a group on Monday, hopefully a certain someone shows up... :look: :love: :love5:

I got called beautiful when we went to stuff ourselves with poutine by the owner of the shop :lachen: and it's funny because the last time I went there the owner's old husband kept staring at me and smiling. :lol: I didn't mind though because he had pretty blue eyes that I found were odd for an Asian to have. I never knew they could even have blue eyes, unless they're from Mongolia which I'm ruling out anyway since the plaza has mostly Chinese businesses; maybe it's the old age? :rolleyes:

Moyo played in my hair a lot, combing it with some type of plastic device. She pretended to shampoo and moisturize, and decorated it with a ribbon in the end, she had fun and she wasn't rough so it was cool. Met Moyo's mum, she's very pretty with even, buttery skin! Love her Nigerian accent too! :grin:

Just came home and I have to figure out what on earth to get my friends for their parties this week - awesome! :grin:

Last edited:
I am soo sick of trying to find the right moisturizer for my hair. I hope Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier does it for me. So far it does feel very soft, but I think I will need a heavier sealant than EVCO, I may play around with my shea butter on my next wash.

But I think the real culprit is this West Coast weather, because when I went back to the East Coast for vacation my hair was very moist. So hopefully that will fix everything when I move back in 3 weeks.

I am soo sick of trying to find the right moisturizer for my hair. I hope Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier does it for me. So far it does feel very soft, but I think I will need a heavier sealant than EVCO, I may play around with my shea butter on my next wash.

But I think the real culprit is this West Coast weather, because when I went back to the East Coast for vacation my hair was very moist. So hopefully that will fix everything when I move back in 3 weeks.

Have you tried Cantu Shea Butter Leave In or Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie? I have TW Protective Mist Bodifier and I found alone (sealed w/wheat germ or hemp oil) it didn't do the trick. At the beginning of the day hair was soft, but by midday it was dry. I'm finding for my thick 4a/b hair I need a cream moisturizer as a base.

Sent from my DROIDX

Have you tried Cantu Shea Butter Leave In or Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie? I have TW Protective Mist Bodifier and I found alone (sealed w/wheat germ or hemp oil) it didn't do the trick. At the beginning of the day hair was soft, but by midday it was dry. I'm finding for my thick 4a/b hair I need a cream moisturizer as a base.

Sent from my DROIDX

The smell of Shea Moisture makes me nauseous, so I can't use any of their products (except their Shea Butter Leave In, which doesn't leave my hair moisturized for long either). I will try out the Cantu tomorrow. Thanks.

The smell of Shea Moisture makes me nauseous, so I can't use any of their products (except their Shea Butter Leave In, which doesn't leave my hair moisturized for long either). I will try out the Cantu tomorrow. Thanks.

No prob. I just turned to Cantu and SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie this week thanks to other posters. I love the SM for my twist n curls. The Cantu I used when I was transitioning and liked it. When I became natural I didn't use it. Not quite sure why. I like them both. FYI that Cantu SB leave in has protein in it. I also used the ORS Olive Oil Cream Moisturizer. It worked well, but the smell just irked me. I hope something works for you.

Sent from my DROIDX

I think I may have created a monster with my DD she told me she was going to start DC'ing her eyebrows. LOL

It came out when I asked her why her eyebrows looked so unkempt. She said that when she washed her face she took some soap and did washed her eyebrows, and then the DC'ing comment. I almost died laughing on the train.

i think i am going to go back to using Qhemet Biologics Alma and Olive Heavy Cream to seal my hair. i got the Mixed Silk from Sally's and will use that to moisturize my hair, but i need to mix that with something else. i have some moisturizers that are really low. i was thinking about mixing all of those together to create a moisturizer so i don't have to spend more money on a new moisturizer? i think i might try that now.

Imani
i'm looking for one as well for the time being the ones I am using have cones but I dont feel moisture is blocked from my strands These are the ones I rotate:I use rusk sensories smoother leave in and Roots of nature shea butter wheat protein.

The ones below I use occasionally and they dont contain cones they are not leave ins but I use them like one
I sometimes also use Millcreek biotin;its not a leave in but its thin enough to be used as one.

I recently started using bee avocado cream balanced conditioner. That one seems to work fine as well and no cones.

Since I have incorporated these into my regimen my hair is behaving much better.

I only use the protein leavein 1x a week usually on a wednesday. Thats all I seem to need for now and no extra breakage. I think I am going to try it two days in a row and see how my hair likes it.

I actually have the bee mine avocado conditioner. Unfortunately I left it at my grandmother's house out of state tho. I just moved and only brought the hair products with me that I use the most. And I was focusing on moisture for a while. But now, I am seeing I need to introduce some protein into my regimen. I did bring Aubrey GPB with me. I also have been looking into this Aubrey Algae protein treatment. I have never seen it in stores tho so I may end up having to order it.

Im so glad I checked out Walmart yesterday. I was looking for hairties and I cam across goody ouchless "gentle ponytailers" These are like xtra large elastics. I can make my bun now without pulling too tight

I feel like cowashing today. It so hot and humid and...UGH! outside that I just want to feel some conditioner and some water on my scalp...

i moisturize and retwisted my hair this morning. i used that she moisture stuff again and i guess it is ok for a moisturizer on dry hair. i was i could have added my two cents before that thread got locked....

My mom keeps asking me when I'm going to get a relaxer and says my hair looks horrible. I just smile and KIM because I like my new growth and I know when I do touch up, my hair will look great.

Frigg dat! Can't even think about wigs now :nono: its too hot man. Its after 7PM and i'm sweating...off to take shower #4 WHEW!

I trimmed my natural hair for the first time today using a technique I saw on youtube. Well on one side, I cut a bit too much and now that side does not fit in to a bun. I ranted a bit on my bbm status saying a cut too much hair on one side. Then my friend messaged me saying "hun, you're not a hairdresser" and then asking what did I do. I messaged back saying, " you don't need to be a hairdresser to trim hair" and that I just trimmed a bit much on one side. And then she messaged back saying, "well in your case, you do".
I was not amused.
I feel like a cut my hair to the same length it was when I BC'd even though it is not.

In love with the fluff again. I think the flat iron's taking a break for the warmer months...
Just made SL again :). Aiming for APL in 8 months.

- my braids are fuzzy and loose...doesn't really matter because they are still protected but I was this close to undoing them, and re-doing box braids instead. this week will be busy do doubt I'll have time to do anything more than cowash until the weekend :ohwell:

- my bangs were almost dry and I gave them a quick finger comb and 12 strands broke/shed off! :huh: what's that all about

- Since I took a break from scalp oiling with JBCO, my scalp has been less itchy and wigging it has been more comfortable. I think I'll take a break from the heavy oiling for a bit

Last edited:
2 weeks until my next relaxer! I've been slipping with the timing of taking my vitamins so I'm going to try to have a set time I will fill my stomach with fruit, milk, or an egg to take them on a more organized schedule. Also, just finished using my epilator and even though it takes long, it's way better than shaving or using the creams from the drugstore.

Aireen what exactly is an epilator? and have you felt/seen any changes with the cod lifer oil so far?

Hey, AlliCat! An epilator is a mechanism using mini tweezers that plucks out hairs from their root all at once as you glide them against different areas of your skin. It's handheld, so even though it's convenient for travel, you have to go over the surface area of your skin more than once until completely bare.

Hm, well it hasn't been long, it takes usually 3 months before vitamins can make any significant change. I've noticed though my skin is a little more even.

I made it a week with flat-ironed hair. My hair liked it only for that time. It wanted its curls back; so, I deep conditioned it for an hour. If I flat iron my hair again, it'll be in late June before it really gets hot.

Back