Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Back home from an exhausting weekend get away visiting family. My hair is in need of some major TLC. The South Florida sun parched it.

Sent from my DROIDX

Aireen can you use it on your upper lip?? I'm trying to figure out what to do since self-waxing is a fail and I'm over paying the Chinese lady $5 to wax it for me :look:

Just realized I don't own a real flat iron :look: I mean, have a lil dinky one from Sally's and it gets the job done but I don't have a regular one. I'll try to get one for Christmas hehe by then I'll be grazing waist (hopefully)

Aireen can you use it on your upper lip?? I'm trying to figure out what to do since self-waxing is a fail and I'm over paying the Chinese lady $5 to wax it for me :look:

Some do, AlliCat. Just to let you know, the pain is different depending on the area, your tolerance, and the coarseness of the hair. If you're looking to purchase one, don't go to the local Sears because it's overpriced. Buy one online from an American site since with the shipping, it's still cheaper than buying it from Sears or HBC. I got mine from drugstore.com for 65 bucks and it's useful since the hair takes a long time to grow back, it grows in finer with less "pain", and if you do it once a week (like on wash days) you'll basically be hairless. :look: I'm looking to buy a new one from beautychoice.com soon though since the gurus on YT always have a coupon and mine was just to get me started.

My leave out hair has me concerned. I really hope that hair fall was just a build up of shed hairs. Because if my bangs are shedding like that I can only imagine what's going on with the rest of my hair

applied my growth aid very liberally to my damp scalp after cowashing. My scalp is tingingand just feels different, like it's about to get itchy but it's not itchy, if that makes sense. Is it working? we'll see. 4 inches till waist and 3 months left of summer. If I grow at normal rate I should be there by Dec2011/Jan2012. But if I grow, let's say, 1 inch per month I could be grazing WL by fall. That would be awesome. But too ambitious to be realistic. I'll just stick to being grateful for whatever I get

Myjourney2009 and Imani - I have the BM Avocado. Plan to use it soon. Hope it's :lick:.

AlliCat, do you use TWPMB as a leave-in? I use on my ng only. Sometimes I'll use it on the entire length of my hair but I don't do that often.

Myjourney2009 - DCing her eyebrows is too funny. She means well. :yep:

destine2grow - I live in Northwest FL where is HOT but Central/South is HOTT with two t's.

AlliCat - what TLC shall I give this ole head of mine you ask? Let's see, I will start off by warming some evco and applying it to my hair tonight and letting it sit overnight and all day tomorrow while I enjoy my day off. I will then try out my CON Argan shampoo that I scored while out of town. :yep: If I'm motivated, I will use Ion Effective Care treatment for 20 mins (with plastic cap, under the dryer). Then, I will steam my hair for 45 mins. I want to try a new conditioner that's in my stash but my hair needs something that's tried and true to replenish moisture so I will use AE Garlic on ng and Hairveda SitriNillah or Kenra - not sure which at this time - on the length. Just whichever I decide. Both are :lick:. After steaming, I let my hair cool for 15 mins. Rinse, then air dry.

I used the perm rods at the ends of my braidout for the first time and I'm pretty happy with the results! I just need to learn how to cornrow so the top isn't so straight compared with the length.

4s0i6x.jpg

27wzi34.jpg

I couldn't figure out how to do these as attachments, sorry thread. Also pretend my mirror isn't dirty, thanks. :)

AlliCat I will definitely be heeding your advice come wash day. While this looks cute and all... detangling in a few days might be a chore. I plan on separating them more each day with a little oil to help prevent knots.

Oh this natural head of mine oh I hate you.WTH is with all the knots you were bunned up all week under a phony pony..I see more and more natural hair isn't for everyone..it would be 5 yrs natural in Nov but I will not make it..

I been wanting to try a new conditioner for some time now so I went and picked up some. Have any of you ladies tried Aussie Moist Cleanse and Mend? I have never tried Aussie Moist at all.....I been to in love with my HE HH, YTC, AOHSR and ORS packs.

Who am I kidding I like buying products, not that I need them I just like trying new things out. I have these cycles of shoes, clothes, handbags, hair products, jewelry, and make-up. as long as I budget my expenses I'm good. No more putting myself on punishment a.k.a "no-buy"

I used the perm rods at the ends of my braidout for the first time and I'm pretty happy with the results! I just need to learn how to cornrow so the top isn't so straight compared with the length.

4s0i6x.jpg

27wzi34.jpg

I couldn't figure out how to do these as attachments, sorry thread. Also pretend my mirror isn't dirty, thanks. :)

@AlliCat I will definitely be heeding your advice come wash day. While this looks cute and all... detangling in a few days might be a chore. I plan on separating them more each day with a little oil to help prevent knots.
Mische This looks so freaking cute! the ends look nice and curly. Glad they worked for you :)

Last edited:
@AlliCat - what TLC shall I give this ole head of mine you ask? Let's see, I will start off by warming some evco and applying it to my hair tonight and letting it sit overnight and all day tomorrow while I enjoy my day off. I will then try out my CON Argan shampoo that I scored while out of town. :yep: If I'm motivated, I will use Ion Effective Care treatment for 20 mins (with plastic cap, under the dryer). Then, I will steam my hair for 45 mins. I want to try a new conditioner that's in my stash but my hair needs something that's tried and true to replenish moisture so I will use AE Garlic on ng and Hairveda SitriNillah or Kenra - not sure which at this time - on the length. Just whichever I decide. Both are :lick:. After steaming, I let my hair cool for 15 mins. Rinse, then air dry.

Let me know how you like the shampoo. I wanna try it. That whole treatment sounds so wonderful :lick:

@Myjourney2009 and @Imani - I have the BM Avocado. Plan to use it soon. Hope it's :lick:.

@AlliCat, do you use TWPMB as a leave-in? I use on my ng only. Sometimes I'll use it on the entire length of my hair but I don't do that often.

@Myjourney2009 - DCing her eyebrows is too funny. She means well. :yep:

@destine2grow - I live in Northwest FL where is HOT but Central/South is HOTT with two t's.

@divachyk I haven't used it yet. I plan on diluting it with water and using it as a daily spritz moisturizer/leave-in

I added 1 capful of my neutral protein filler to my vitale cholesterol (3/4 cup): SCORE!!!!

I will be doing this 1x a month from now on

I will switch btwn adding the protien to my Ion effective care treatment and this. I wish the Vitale came in a larger container.

I did not follow up with a DC because my protein conditioner/treatments never make my hair really hard. My leave-ins that I apply the next day are sufficient.

ETA 6/6/11: 2 days after doing this treatment my hair became a hard dry mess. What kind of delayed reaction was that, I dont know but I think I am going to have to use much less of the protein next time; maybe only a teaspoon.

The capful consists of a bit more than 2 1/2 tsp.

Last edited:
I have no idea what to do with my hair any more.i put my hair in a slicked back bun and i hated the look. I think slick buns looked better on me when i was chubbier or somethihg because they dont look good on me anymore.
i like the textured look for buns but i cant seem to get the look with unstraightened natural hair.

i really hate washing my hair because i do not like dealing with my wet natural hair. I just blow dried it and put in some bantu knots.i think this will be a staple style for the summer.

Im scared if i relax my hair will not have enough volume but my hair gets too puffy for my tastes as a natural.....

just figured out why my ng is so managable in the back (its always simple to stretch in the front).

Its because I've only gotten 1 inch of NG back there. so I see my growth cycle is not consistant. I grow slower in the spring that every other time. I still get my 6 inches but I dont get that 1/2 inch growth consistantly every month.

From my findings this is how I grow:

Dec-March 1 1/2 in back 3/4 inch in front

March-June 1 inch in back 1/2 inch in front

June-Sept 1 1/2 inch in back 3/4 inch in front (the back growth is not set on stone because I never really paid much attention to the growth, it seems about right from what I remember)

Sept-Dec 2 inches in back 1 inch in front

How weird is that

I added 1 capful of my neutral protein filler to my vitale cholesterol (3/4 cup): SCORE!!!!

I will be doing this 1x a month from now on

I will switch btwn adding the protien to my Ion effective care treatment and this. I wish the Vitale came in a larger container.

I did not follow up with a DC because my protein conditioner/treatments never make my hair really hard. My leave-ins that I apply the next day are sufficient.

Myjourney2009 where do u get this??

I think that going from APL to BSL is the easiest length to obtain.

My longest length is now touching BSL! : does celebratory wop :

shasha8685, your hair in your siggy is gorgeous! How long did it take for you to go from your avatar length to the siggy length?

Sent from my DROIDX

Thanks but I'm wearing my Tammy half wig in my siggy:lol:

My hair is about that length though. The pic in my avatar if from January 2009 when I first cut my hair and I'm just now starting to hit BSL :yep:

Back