Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I have half a bottle of MTG left & I previously used it on my edges, but not anymore I wanna finish it off what can I mix with it to take away the horrible smell, I was thinking Tea Tree Oil or something. Any help???

ms.tatiana I dunno that tea tree smells like but what about peppermint oil? I use it with JBCO and it overpowers the JBCO smell (for the most part).

i still have deep conditioner in my hair. i'm glad i twisted my hair this time. i guess i will rinse it out in the morning. i think i might rock my wig again. everybody at work thought i just changed my hair. i had no problem telling folks it was a wig. i might buy another and just wear twists underneath. i'm really tired of dealing with my hair right now.

Wore my natural hair to work yesterday was very hard and the reactions were even worst..its like no one wanted to say anything which made me feel so horrd and ugly..back under a weave and some makeup up I go..not every lady has the natural ability to shine with some support..

Pre-pooing right now with olive oil and for the first time I'm doing the stocking thing, you know putting an old pantyhose on your head over your shower cap or plastic bag, I'm using a plastic bag at the moment and i don't like having it on my head. It's a little uncomfy, even though I've loosened it. :/

Sometimes I feel constricted with my hair hidden in public. I was at a club with a couple friends, one of which I never met before. At the end of the night she said "I like your halfwig" :blush: what a backhanded compliment. I mentally said to myself...I have healthy hair under this, I swear :ohwell: but it's really not that serious. More motivation to get to my goal so I can put weave-checkers in their place. But the scary thing is that I have a waist length halfwig and it doesn't feel as long as I thought it would. Which is concerning :perplexed
girls like that piss me off:nono:

Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm is the truth!

I had been having dry hair issues over the past couple of weeks and this stuff totally restored the moisture in my hair. It is definitely a keeper.

I went to Sally's and the new bss near my house. Fortunately both store's product selections sucked so there was no temptation to buy anything :yahoo:

Ruling out products with dimethicones really has helped a lot. By the end of the summer my product junkie tendencies should be in check and I will be able to buy normally. Maybe I will join the Use 1 Buy 1 to keep myself in check, if I can ever figure out the rules.

Straightened for the first time in 2 years....Been a year since I last shaved my head. I think that calls for a New thread...but I'm not sure:look:

ETA: Nah, it ain't. I'll hide them somewhere on the board:grin:

Last edited:
I need a natural protein based leave in that does not have cones in it. Now that my moisture level is pretty good I'm seeing that my fine strands need some protein in them to keep from splitting.

The place is so freaking hot!!! I am sweating like crazy.....my scalp is gonna make ME go crazy. Will be cowashing today with a mix of Alter Ego garlic condish, HE Break's over and HE Totally Twisted...the last 2 are mainly to cover the smell of the AE. i am looking forward to feeling that cooool water on my scalp!

So I was watching relaxer day videos to prep for mine tomorrow and I came across this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4_P9zI3YX0&feature=related

$200 for a relaxer?? and the process seemed wrong...wash and condition before the relaxer? neutralize after flat ironing? this video has me all types of confused lol

Dang I saw this and am confused too. Maybe she got a BKT and just misunderstood something. :huh: or option #2, she got ripped off!

I need a natural protein based leave in that does not have cones in it. Now that my moisture level is pretty good I'm seeing that my fine strands need some protein in them to keep from splitting.

Imani
i'm looking for one as well for the time being the ones I am using have cones but I dont feel moisture is blocked from my strands These are the ones I rotate:I use rusk sensories smoother leave in and Roots of nature shea butter wheat protein.

The ones below I use occasionally and they dont contain cones they are not leave ins but I use them like one
I sometimes also use Millcreek biotin;its not a leave in but its thin enough to be used as one.

I recently started using bee avocado cream balanced conditioner. That one seems to work fine as well and no cones.

Since I have incorporated these into my regimen my hair is behaving much better.

I only use the protein leavein 1x a week usually on a wednesday. Thats all I seem to need for now and no extra breakage. I think I am going to try it two days in a row and see how my hair likes it.

Gave in and got a touch up this morning. I wanted to go 2 more wks but couldn't hold out. I tried a new relaxed - Hawaiian Silky lye. I seems pretty straight so far and it didn't burn, maybe a slight tingle. Hopefully in 2 wks my roots will kink up some.

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Im washing my own hair right now, everyone I go, to, the, salon I witness a hair crime that, reminds me that my hair its not safe. I, suck at, rollersets so I, may wash, DC, detangle, then go to the salon for my rollerset.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G

@Imani & @Myjourney2009 I use Beauty without cruelty leave in conditioner...I absolutely LOVE it...it`s nice and light. For me it`s perfect. Don't know if I'd consider it protein based.

Last edited:
Straightened hair...made progress...wore it straight for a week and forgot to take pics before washing!:spinning:

Won't do a full press again until the fall...:look:...maybe.

I don't know why I waited so long to try Silicon Mix. I DC'd with it under a shower cap for 4 hours and my hair felt amazing. My relaxed hair felt moisturized, but strong and my new growth felt like butter.

@Imani
i'm looking for one as well for the time being the ones I am using have cones but I dont feel moisture is blocked from my strands These are the ones I rotate:I use rusk sensories smoother leave in and Roots of nature shea butter wheat protein.

The ones below I use occasionally and they dont contain cones they are not leave ins but I use them like one
I sometimes also use Millcreek biotin;its not a leave in but its thin enough to be used as one.

I recently started using bee avocado cream balanced conditioner. That one seems to work fine as well and no cones.

Since I have incorporated these into my regimen my hair is behaving much better.

I only use the protein leavein 1x a week usually on a wednesday. Thats all I seem to need for now and no extra breakage. I think I am going to try it two days in a row and see how my hair likes it.

Myjourney2009 you don't useTaliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier anymore?

random ramblings...

Went to a flea market and there were 4 hair booths but 2 were closed because the people were on vacay :ohwell: so one booth had nothing good. The other one was a small hair/barber shop. The girl working there does hair and she was selling some products too so of course I had to stop by. She asked if I do my hair I said yes :yep: I was wearing a long curly halfwig (sensationnel HZ 7047) with side swept bangs and some baby hair. Also got a compliment from the lady who owned the booth with nothing good. We were talking hair :yay: she said some pretty sensible things (should oil scalp a couple times a week, shampoo-DC-condition every 2 weeks, oRS products etc. The only thing I mentally side-eyed was that she relaxes every 6 weeks. I told her I relax every 3 months and that's good because less chemicals. Well she disagreed because stretching causes shedding and breakage. So i told her about the imporance of proper detangling (ends up). she also asked about my hair and I told her it was a halfwig and so we talked about those for a bit. I luv halfwigs :love: and I love helping/talking to people about hair

Last edited:
This lady was staring me down while I was shopping today. I was trying not to make eye contact, but then she comes up and taps me on the shoulder and says "what do you use to keep your hair moisturizer?"

I was startled so I just said "Shea Moisture that I get from Walgreens."

I quickly made my way to another section of the store to get away from her, but here she comes and she's staring me down again.

I don't like going into detail about my hair regimen when I'm out and about unless I'm shopping for hair products specifically. I get annoyed.

If I'm shopping for shoes and clothes, I'd rather take a compliment and keep it moving.

Back