Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Went to the Hair Salon and got my hair straightened..looked lovely...
Stepped outside into the humidity and my hair started curling up, giving it a bouncy more fuller look and I was loving it!! and everyone else was so amazed on how my hair changed since i've gone natural. Itused to be so flat and lifeless and now it's like BAMM!

my hair amazes me more and more everyday. It's now bsl and it's the longest it's ever been ever!

my mom regrets ever puttina a relaxer in my hair. She said she should've kept me natural all my life. I think she feels sad sometimes. because she know i went through sooo much with my hair issues. But it's never too late and thank god i found this forum cuz i was ready to give up.

2 dime size amounts (one per side).

or

4 dime sized amounts (2 per side) if you're using it as a heat protectant @Kurlee
:blush: i used too much

i would dip the very tips of three fingers and rub between my hands and apply that to one quadrant. What happens if you use too much:look:

:blush: i used too much

i would dip the very tips of three fingers and rub between my hands and apply that to one quadrant. What happens if you use too much:look:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Umm it's one of those products that actually absorbs into my hair. I've never everr gotten greasy hair from it. Then again I tend to be light/medium handed with it since its so expensive

ETA: People use CHI SIlk infusion to protect their previously relaxed hair during the relaxer process. So I suppose the more the better

Out of town visiting family in Central/South FL and it is HOT as all get out. Whipped out scurl because my hair was parched! Hair is loving it. And I found CON Argan shampoo at a BSS. :yep:

Sent from my DROIDX

Not feeling this hair today. I start my day by ignoring tangles that I feel while cowashing. No time to detangle or finger detangle. So I bunned it all up... as it.

Then, I just saw a video of the family on the day that I wore my hair out in March. It only drizzled and my hair looked poofy and much shorter than it was. I spent so much time flat ironing that hair.

And now, I'm dreading my next unavoidable detangling session and idea of flat ironing my hair for my birthday next month. *sigh* How do you naturals even do it? :sad:

Ugh! Definitely wishing I was fully relaxed again. Whose bright idea was this anyhow? My relaxed hair was growing fine. What. in. thee. heck, dude? :wallbash:

Ok. Rant over. I'm a little baked by today's heat. Pardon the interuption.

For the first time in my journey I feel like I'm not seeing progress, probably because I don't take the number of pics I use to...oh well:ohwell: I know hair grows and I know I've retained most if not all of my growth. I'll get there...I'm tired of being patient though...argh!!!

Out of town visiting family in Central/South FL and it is HOT as all get out. Whipped out scurl because my hair was parched! Hair is loving it. And I found CON Argan shampoo at a BSS. :yep:

Girl, I am dealing with this weather everyday!!!
Sent from my DROIDX

Nothing like some good ole conditioner on dry hair to make you feel like a new woman!

Girl don't you know it. This is how I have been dc for a year. I will start to incorporate some heat soon!

I am trying to cowash everyday but I just don't feel like it. I will make more of an effort because I have seen a lot of women benefit from cowashing everyday and I want too as well

Got come vit's and supp's from walmart. Garlic and Flintstones multivitamins (yes the ones for kids, don't judge :blush:)

Last edited:
AlliCat, you inspired an idea in me. I think I'm going to do a moisturizing baggy treatment... I'll write a blog post if I complete it with what I did and results, so tired. :grin: Anyway, thanks in advance for the influenced idea since I'm using the CPR product I told you about with all the protein.

Last edited:
Really? I loved it

Yup

last night when I used it my hair felt kind of soft prior to drying.

I let it air dry a bit more and then I went to sleep. When I went to detangle in the morning my hair felt dry and kind of crispy. I had to apply my reg leave in.

This is how I test my new conditioners:
Air dry without ANY product.
If my hair cannot stand on its own for at minimum 2 days. Its a fail for me.

I'm glad I can return it.

@ destine2grow, i don't cowash that often but sometimes i use cheapie conditioner as a leave in...i use herbal essence hello hydration.

@AlliCat, you inspired an idea in me. I think I'm going to do a moisturizing baggy treatment... I'll write a blog post if I complete it with what I did and results, so tired. :grin: Anyway, thanks in advance for the influenced idea since I'm using the CPR product I told you about with all the protein.

awesome :yay: I'm looking forward to reading @Aireen

So I just realize that while I am transitioning I can not do my hair when it is wet. I will go back to waiting to do my hair when it is 85% dry. Too much manipulation = breakage!!

Go for it, love mine.

Co-sign! Definitely get one!! I think I have ADD (no offense to anyone who really has it) or something because I don't find it relaxing at all....if I'm not doing something to occupy myself 2 minutes is too long!

Nix08 & divachyk, tempting and I would purchase one right now to fit in my room but I'm a little skeptical that I'll ever use it. I'm always hair lazy and I rarely wash my hair on schedule these days. Po' steamer will just collect dust, sadly. :sad: :lachen:

I have half a bottle of MTG left & I previously used it on my edges, but not anymore I wanna finish it off what can I mix with it to take away the horrible smell, I was thinking Tea Tree Oil or something. Any help???

Sometimes I feel constricted with my hair hidden in public. I was at a club with a couple friends, one of which I never met before. At the end of the night she said "I like your halfwig" :blush: what a backhanded compliment. I mentally said to myself...I have healthy hair under this, I swear :ohwell: but it's really not that serious. More motivation to get to my goal so I can put weave-checkers in their place. But the scary thing is that I have a waist length halfwig and it doesn't feel as long as I thought it would. Which is concerning :perplexed

Back