Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I was playing in my hair last night before I braided it up. My SO said I was "hair"sturbating, and that I'm "hair"ogant :lachen:. I just don't know what to do with that man sometimes!

finally took my lazy arse and washed my hair after a 4 week self imposed hiatus:look:....only because i had a job interview though:lachen:

Have you looked at your siggie lately?? Should make you feel better :lol:. You have beautiful hair Elle.

LOL thanks. I often struggle with severe hairorexia, mainly when I try to pull my hair back and it just pops out, or I try to do one braid or or twist/roll it for an updo and it just laughs at me. Izzy is so cruel sometimes. :sad:

I mixed up some ayurvedic powders (amla, brahmi, maka) with water and hemp seed oil yesterday. Amla paste always rinses out easily but brahmi and maka cling like the Titanic is going under ... I wonder if a long soak in water with a rich oil will make a difference during wash out?

am i the only one that has shed hair all over my hands when i wash or detangle? i never see anyone wiping shed hairs off of their hands when they wash/detangle, or style.

am i the only one that has shed hair all over my hands when i wash or detangle? i never see anyone wiping shed hairs off of their hands when they wash/detangle, or style.

I mainly finger detangle so yes I get most of my shed hair out with my hands.

and when I style I have shed hairs in my hand all the time :yep:

LOL thanks. I often struggle with severe hairorexia, mainly when I try to pull my hair back and it just pops out, or I try to do one braid or or twist/roll it for an updo and it just laughs at me. Izzy is so cruel sometimes. :sad:

that is so cute that you call your hair izzy

I do not see a wash and go anywhere in my future. My shrinkage is fierce. Maybe I will have more luck with bunning.

I have not seen the movie and I refuse to see it. I've seen clips and I am not happy with what I saw. There is another documentary that really goes into the dynamics of black hair that I have yet to watch. I will see if I can find the link.

I wonder what his daughter is going to think when she gets older. The movie was supposed to be made to answer a question she had about her hair. From what I heard it does not.

Girl most of these woman are not spending 1k on weaves if they were half their heads would not be looking like doll hair.

Please notify me when you find the link. :look:

Ugh, that movie was just a mess. The only thing he has from it is money because Chris Rock doesn't have the respect of many blacks after that movie, too one-sided and stereotypical.

Last edited:
I'm PSing until the end of August.....I already HATE PSing!!! I need new styles ASAP or I see texlaxing in my very near future!!! Maybe I'll go an get my hair twisted...I wish I could do it myself but I can't make the parts straights :nono:

Oh came up with a RT: tell me why do I submit my name in every possible contest to win free hair products but I never win jack? #pointless#

Dear Coconut Oil,
I really wanted to like you, but you are making this so difficult for me. When I asked you to seal, you let my moisture go free. When I begged you to pre-poo, you snuck from under my cap and tried to destroy the collar of my shirts. Then yesterday I gave you one last opportunity as an oil rinse. And what did you do?
You brazenly ignored my wishes, defying logic and reason to make my supersoft hair crunchy. You fled from my scalp to my face to try and blind me. And finally, you spread yourself beneath my feet to try and murder me in my own tub. I hate you and the coconuts you came from. We are finished.

Dear Every Other Gel I've Tried This Week,
I love EcoStyler. I'm sorry if I led you on.

Dear Coconut Oil,
I really wanted to like you, but you are making this so difficult for me. When I asked you to seal, you let my moisture go free. When I begged you to pre-poo, you snuck from under my cap and tried to destroy the collar of my shirts. Then yesterday I gave you one last opportunity as an oil rinse. And what did you do?
You brazenly ignored my wishes, defying logic and reason to make my supersoft hair crunchy. You fled from my scalp to my face to try and blind me. And finally, you spread yourself beneath my feet to try and murder me in my own tub. I hate you and the coconuts you came from. We are finished.

Dear Every Other Gel I've Tried This Week,
I love EcoStyler. I'm sorry if I led you on.

:lol: :lachen: :lachen: this is funny and cute.

Last edited:
I so want to try KBB and Jasmines. i have enough cons so Jasmine have to wait but KBB need to have a sale so I can purchase some items!

^^^What makes you think that? Aireen

I'm taking cod liver oil with 7500 IU and a multi-vitamin with 5000 IU. Vitamin A is stored in fat and the safe amount from what I've read isn't fixed. One site said 10000 IU, another 8000 IU, another 25000 IU. So I'm going blindly and I'm not sure whether to take the two supplements together or not, Janet'. I'm thinking of just going to the doctor to find out what she deems fit for me if I want to continue taking the two.

I like music if it's subtle, kinda like how Michelle Phan's music was because I'm into that sort of thing. Kimmay using the same music now though just makes me want to mute YT background music all together.

Last edited:
I've got my gear ready for my retouch this weekend. I was going to try and do it the last couple of days but I've been sooo tired once I get home. We'll see.

lol thanks! I also don't like how you can't use regular music and have to use the non-copyrighted kind. I hate those songs...

I've only heard one song on there that I can stand in a video by Taren, but she was just showing hairstyles. No fighting crazy arse techno beats to hear how to do flat twists that last.

SO was in the shower and I heard him shout "Ahh yes!". I walked in to find him cowashing using my Darcy's botanicals pumpkin conditioner; he said it smelled so good. Lol.

Back