Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

finally picked up some of the forever talked about Suave almond shea butter conditioner. I will be trying it in 2 weeks I cant wait.

it smells really good too kind of like a milk shake

OT I am really happy with my hair right now:'

Two more days till relaxer time and i am so not lookn forward to parting through this jungle i call newgrowth..i may shorten my stretches but i love the end results after waiting 12 weeks...time will tell.

STill dont understand why Chi Keratin Mist has that name, thre isnot a drop of keratin in that expensive stuff.

I love Marshalls I go atleast 1x a week to see what new hair stuff they have. They carry alot of professional brands that I would otherwise look over because of the price

Myjourney2009 - didn't know Marshall's carried salon brands; I must check it out. Um, I need to place an order with you for the Oyin. :-) Actually I'm trying to use 1 to buy 1 so let me use up 1 then I'll look you up on buying 1. I hate s&h.

AlliCat - we must keep each other motivated since our TUs are nearby the same time.

halee_J - is there an alternative to BKT since you live by the ocean?

divachyk sounds like a plan, put your stuff in their shopping cart first to see if their shipping will be cheaper. The least expensive shipping from me will be usps @10.95 from what I can see. You will have it in 2 business days.

Yup Marshalls has alot of stuff. Many harlemites dont use alot of the stuff us LHCF'ers use so I get first dibs on the good stuff. Now when I go down to TJ Maxx on 56th st most of the good stuff is gone.

I am feeling some growth in these cornrows, not much but my hair has grown. I can't wait to wash and dc. Really think I may just go ahead and get the mega tek asap. I am trying to be apl by christmas. I want some big bangs too, I want them to reach the bottom of my chin already so I can do some funky stuff with them.

Droid typing leads to typos for me

i'm so pissed i had a dream last night that i flat ironed my hair and i was already at BSB, and my ends were perfect, and my hair was so shiny and black and luscious...i woke up expecting to revel in my long haired glory...i was so disapointed when i looked in the mirror lol

I got my first wish. My twists in the front actually hang right below my eyebrow. It makes such a big difference. I can now stop with the headbands. Next stop twisted buns. :yahoo:

Congrats! I want a twisted bun too. With shrinkage, however, I seriously don't see this happening for me til like...MBL maybe???:drunk:

I managed my first successful twistout! thanks chime lol

umm I think protective stying may have to kick rocks for a minute, I need to enjoy my hair

I whole head baggied last night and now I woke up with a crick in my neck :ohwell:

When I took off the baggy my hair was really damp from a combo of the moisturizer and my body heat/steam..next time I'll use less product...maybe oil..

So i went to the salon to get a trim. It looks nice :yep: She only took an inch or so off the back and layered the front.

It's amazing how when it hits 4 o'clock, I'm sitting on LHCF waiting for the time to tick to 5 o'clock, so I can dip out of work! :boredwrk: I'm so bored I started doing our Graduate Assistants work! I can't decide if I'm going to straighten my hair or twist it for this NYC trip...

my hair is too straight! it wont hold a curl:ohwell: at least this means that its gonna last till the end of the month

@AlliCat - stopped whole head baggying as a result of reducing the frequency of my protein usage. Protein wasn't agreeing me so I decided to not use it as often. I then felt that whole head baggying would be too much moisture with me not balancing it with protein. I felt my hair has done much better since stopping the whole head baggying and frequent protein usage. I only ponytail baggy because I bun a lot. The good thing is the ponytail is not even the slightest bit damp by morning so I don't feel like I'm overmoisturizing that section of hair.

@goodmorningruby - love that bun in the avatar. Is there a tut for that one?

Got a workout in today...feeling good!! Hair is still doing good too but ask me after I do my 1st post TU wash. :spinning:

Back