Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Life is too short not to enjoy your hair! If you didnt naturally tuck away your hair via wigs and weaves before LHCF do not let this site force you into being a Protective Style-n slave.

Enjoy your hair and the 5 months of growth.

Just treat your hair like fine silk, and be nice to the ends of your hair :yep:
I chose to start wearing wigs because I loved loved LOVED the styles and hated things like braids and twists on me. But now? After 5 months I'm plum sick of this ish. lol. So I def agree that it's time to enjoy my hair. 2 weeks til my bday so I'ma wait til then and get the press. I might even be all dramatic and do a "big reveal" lol

Why when I co wash or shampoo in twists they come a loose? Oh well, I am going to do it tonight, even though I know they will come a loose.

I chose to start wearing wigs because I loved loved LOVED the styles and hated things like braids and twists on me. But now? After 5 months I'm plum sick of this ish. lol. So I def agree that it's time to enjoy my hair. 2 weeks til my bday so I'ma wait til then and get the press. I might even be all dramatic and do a "big reveal" lol

you earned it! :yep:

enjoy your crowning glory

Why when I co wash or shampoo in twists they come a loose? Oh well, I am going to do it tonight, even though I know they will come a loose.

destine2grow

I asked this same question when I was new to the board, but never got an answer, so I had to figure it out myself. Eventually I came up with a solution...
Go out and get a package of little-girl barettes and put them on the ends. I don't wash my hair in sections, but I do use these for braid-outs. I'm sure they would work just as well for washing/conditioning. :yep:

Bestie that is a stylist is bugging me to relax again IDTS I have been on my HHJ since feb this year thanks to LHCF. I know I would never make it to HL or beyond if I relaxed again and if she and I fell out again. Its my hair so why does she care so much away its my hair.....

I miss my natural hair so much, but I must keep protective styling to get over this hump. Onnyetwo more weeks to go, then I will enjoy my hair, then back to ps. Not sure how long I will do it cause wigs sure are hot, but atleast another month or two.

Droid typing leads to typos for me

So I left this condish in my grass for a hot minute. Mkay it defined curls and all.... I rinsed and it was sooo soft. When it dried... it was coated. :nono: *sigh* back to the drawing board.

lol I bantu-knotted bunches of my twist 2 days ago. I don't have pics :/. I might take my them out tomorrow... Or tonight... I miss my hair. I really like the twist-outs with mini twist. :D I'll redo them later on, only took one day to do.

Bought some CHI silk infusion. Perhaps I will flat iron this weekend, we're hosting a BBQ..

I was gonna buy this today at CVS. It was the last one left. They were the little bottles. I believe it was $5.00.

Sitting under the dryer right now in my curl formers. This is my first time. Idk if I should sleep in them or take em out tonight.

because their hair is not strong enough to withstand the stretching and then the shrinking that happens once the hair is dry.

I thought this to. Going from wet to dry. I think it can be doneeas long as your hair stays wet/damp until you bun again.

well i have been wearing my hair out 90% of the time since i cut my hair and my ends look pretty good. protective styles will be reserved for bad hair days and times when i just dont want my hair flying about.

i cant lie, i am just loving the attention i have been getting since i ditched protective styling:look:[/

ME TOOOOOO!!!!

A guy asked me who did my hair and I was like MEEEE!!!! He was shocked LOL

QUOTE]

I love combing my hair after it's freshly TUd. Feeling the comb on my scalp slipping through the roots without resistance is divine. Almost better than a body massage in some ways.

because their hair is not strong enough to withstand the stretching and then the shrinking that happens once the hair is dry.

I thought this to. Going from wet to dry. I think it can be doneeas long as your hair stays wet/damp until you bun again.

Thanks ladies. I didn't even end up wet bunning. I couldn't even make a proper bun without serious manipulation :nono:

I love combing my hair after it's freshly TUd. Feeling the comb on my scalp slipping through the roots without resistance is divine. Almost better than a body massage in some ways.

I think I relaxed a day after you (may 5th). When are you going to relax again?

I just found 2 strands of gray hair at the front of my head for the first time in my life. I must be blind coz these strands are long. I thought my hair had thread from a white towel or something, or a piece of carpet, tugged on it, and it was attached to my own head!!! And next to it another one. I was like, wow. And I'm 31, will be 32 next month. I told my mom and she wants me to start taking Women's Once a Day vitamins.

AlliCat, I totally dislike wet bunning. I think my hair dries out and is way too dry. Yes, I got my TU on 4 May. I will relax again in 10 weeks. And you? 10 weeks is the max I can go without a bunch of breakage and tangling. I tried stretching longer but without success. I'm just not of that long stretching crowd. Not yet anyway.

@AlliCat, I totally dislike wet bunning. I think my hair dries out and is way too dry. Yes, I got my TU on 4 May. I will relax again in 10 weeks. And you? 10 weeks is the max I can go without a bunch of breakage and tangling. I tried stretching longer but without success. I'm just not of that long stretching crowd. Not yet anyway.

This time I stretched 10 weeks and it went well. I will relax in 10-12 weeks just depends how much new growth I have

@AlliCat - I stopped whole head baggying long, long time ago. I ponytail baggy every night when I rocking air dried hair. I pin curl my hair when it's roller set.

divachyk Why did you stop whole head baggying?

Last edited:
I am sooooo glad Oyin handmade is carried in NYC again and in Manhattan. They used to be carried at a store in Bklyn and it was like journeying to the ends of the earth to get there. That store has since closed down. Their honey hemp conditioner is the truth but their s&H is NOT.

I have 1/4 of a bottle left from 2008 and it is still good. I leave it in the fridge. I used it on my ends today before rolling and my ends are singing to me. The smell is delicious as well.

I still have that grease stuff but ever used it because the smell is waaayy overpowering.

So the curlformers thing was a fail. :lol: I just put it all into a banana clip. I think I used too much setting lotion. Felt kinda sticky, but not too much. But it did get straight. :yep: I will be doing this again next week, but after I will flatiron it.

I don't think it would be worth my while to try BKT. You have to avoid sodium chloride to prevent reversion, I live right by the ocean...salt in the air and everywhere....nope, don't think it would work.

Back