Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Letting the color sit....

ETA: Only had one box. Was too lazy to go out and buy more. :ohwell:

All this color talk is making me want to dye my hair again

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Holy crap! Now that I know how to make my puffs nice and smooth, I feel like wearing them all the time now. Does anyone do this without ruining their edges/having their hair tangle up? I'm nervous. I don't like change! /stewie :lol:

I think for the Toronto meetup, I'll give away some of these products that aren't mixed if they have a good amount of product in them by that time.

Hair coloring is done! Used less product than I normally do but I'm ok with it. :yep:

Twisted hair up for bed. Will do a wash-n-go in the morning.

I got my first wish. My twists in the front actually hang right below my eyebrow. It makes such a big difference. I can now stop with the headbands. Next stop twisted buns. :yahoo:

I was trying to do a 6 month "hide my hair under wig" thing , but I'm not going to make it... In 2 weeks I'll be at 5 months and I think I'm calling it quits. I miss my hair. Badly. Trying not to be too sad though.... 5 months is a long time, right? Right. :/

I was trying to do a 6 month "hide my hair under wig" thing , but I'm not going to make it... In 2 weeks I'll be at 5 months and I think I'm calling it quits. I miss my hair. Badly. Trying not to be too sad though.... 5 months is a long time, right? Right. :/

I think you have done well. 5 months is a long time. And I think you will be pleased with the results. If you choose to stop now, you can always try it again later.

I love challenges but I know I don't want to do anything for 6 months to a year. Some of them I wish did quarterly challenges but perhaps those are harder to maintain.

Life is too short not to enjoy your hair! If you didnt naturally tuck away your hair via wigs and weaves before LHCF do not let this site force you into being a Protective Style-n slave.

Enjoy your hair and the 5 months of growth.

Just treat your hair like fine silk, and be nice to the ends of your hair :yep:

Last edited:
I have a cute workout friendly bun :yay:

the cornrows I have in yesterday have me lookin like I was going to a casting for set it off 2 :lachen:

I think I am going to give, bunning an honest shot. I have enough hair to rock cute full looking buns.

I want to get more thickness and more growth over the summer. I've started working out over the past few weeks and taking vitamins so now I'm gonna start bunning and cowashing more often now that its warmer. I can't wait to see how my hair will be at the end of the summer. Trying to reach APL as fast as possible and I'm almost there:crossfingers:!!

I am curious about neutral protein filler, I usually add two capfuls to my relaxer whenever I touch up my hair. It seems to give my hair a thickness since I relax my hair pretty straight and have fine hair.

I am thinking about adding it to my conditioner prepoos biweekly.

I am curious about neutral protein filler, I usually add two capfuls to my relaxer whenever I touch up my hair. It seems to give my hair a thickness since I relax my hair pretty straight and have fine hair.

I am thinking about adding it to my conditioner prepoos biweekly.

Adding to the conditioner sounds like a good idea. dont dilute the protein too much of you wont get any effects from the protein.

Let us know how it turns out

well i have been wearing my hair out 90% of the time since i cut my hair and my ends look pretty good. protective styles will be reserved for bad hair days and times when i just dont want my hair flying about.

i cant lie, i am just loving the attention i have been getting since i ditched protective styling:look:

I'm so confused how all of these supposedly type 4 naturals are getting these smooth straight roller/rod sets??? Like, I must be totally missing something. Whenever I try that I usually just end up with a crazy looking fro.

i can get my hair smooth but it doesnt last for anything:nono: im ditching natural rollersetting.

I'm unable to sign on for one day and I'm behind on my reading. Will catch up tonight and post some randomness. Until then, I'm banana bunning and loving it. I remember when I hated banana clips with a passion. Now I have reason to use them but not look like such a fool like way back when...the days of cutoff jean shorts.

ETA: If I monitor my food intake and adhere to a strict workout regimene in the same manner that I monitor/adhere to my hair, I'll be one skinny sexy mami.

Last edited:
I'm unable to sign on for one day and I'm behind on my reading. Will catch up tonight and post some randomness. Until then, I'm banana bunning and loving it. I remember when I hated banana clips with a passion. Now I have reason to use them but not look like such a fool like way back when...the days of cutoff jean shorts.

ETA: If I monitor my food intake and adhere to a strict workout regimene in the same manner that I monitor/adhere to my hair, I'll be one skinny sexy mami.

I've started linking health and hair....before co-washing I make sure to get a workout in

I'm loving that I have my hair up in a banana clip, my press is over a week old, the roots are drawn up, yet my hair is STILL at my shoulders.

I think you have done well. 5 months is a long time. And I think you will be pleased with the results. If you choose to stop now, you can always try it again later.

I love challenges but I know I don't want to do anything for 6 months to a year. Some of them I wish did quarterly challenges but perhaps those are harder to maintain.

Awww thank you! I think I'll be pleased, too. Well, I hope. lol. And I was just thinking that in the future I'll only do 3 month stretches at a time. Seems more manageable. lol

Back