Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I think that I'm going to do a deep conditioner tomorrow...I need to show my hair some love...

this board has me trippin and scared of my hair sometimes. i feel like i can't do anything to it, without causing damage. i like to change my style a lot. i don't like wearing something for too long, just for the sake of not damaging my hair. i don't wanna be a slave. it seems like since my hair is so kinky/curly, it is more fragile than when it was relaxed. i was never scared to let someone else do it. now, i think everyone is out to get me when it comes to my hair.

I'm going to a friend's stylist for the first time tomorrow to see if she is a good candidate for my HHJ team. Everybody pray for me...I need a good experience. :ohwell:

Last edited:
Vitale hair mayo did me right today.

I was scared to use that stuff but I am glad I did, now it will stay in rotation for the summer. My hair feels just as good as it did when I whipped up my own concoction. Thats saying alot because I never felt my hair feeling so good as when I whipped up my own stuff (using store brought stuff plus some extra goodies from some websites).

My hair feels strong yet soft= balanced hair

I thought it would be a medium protein but its more light, light enough to use biweekly. I applied it and made sure to rub it into my scalp for a bit then I went under heat with a cap 25 min let cool and rinsed under cool water. Nothing but net

If you purchase it make sure you get the one that has light green flakes not the brown flakes. I think the reformulated one has the green flakes because folks complained about the brown flakes. They both have the same ingredients but the one with the brown flakes seems to have more flakes in the jar, the flakes look similar to the MOtions Cpr flakes.

Vitale hair Mayo ingredients: Water, Olive Oil, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polyquarternium-32, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Lanolin, DL Panthenol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Menthol, Camphor, Cholesterol, Benzophenone-4, Tocopherol Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Egg Protein, Carrot Oil, TeaTree Oil, Kukui Nut Oil, Parsley Flakes, Extract of Arnica Montana Flower, Centella Asiatica, Nettle, Peppermint Leaf, Capsicum Annuum and Cochlearia, Horseradish, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, FD&C Yellow No.5(CI 19140), FD&C YellowNo.6(CI 61565), FD&C Blue No.1(CI 42090), Fragrance.

price 6.99 for 30 ozs.

It is very similar in ingredients to (ors hair mayo, I never tired it) I like the ingredients for the vitale better and I get more for less money.

ORS hair mayo ingredients: Water (Aqua) , Glycerin , Polyquaternim-37 , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate , Dicaprate , PPG-1 Trideceth-6 , Dimethicone PEG-7 Cocoate , Behentrimonium Methosulfate , Cetearyl Alcohol , Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil (Safflower) , Hydrolyzed Collagen , Olea Europaea Oil (Olive) , Lanolin Oil , Tridecyl Stearate , Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate , Dicaprate , Tridecyl Trimellitate , C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate , Dicetyl Dimonium Chloride , Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil (Wheat) , Phenyl Trimethicone , Panthenol , Cholesterol , Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle) , Capsicum Annuum Extract (Paprika) , Cetyl Alcohol , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Dimethicone , Ovum (Egg Powder) , Fragrance (Parfum) , Benzyl Benzoate , d-Limonene , Linalool , DMDM Hydantoin , Propylene Glycol , Diazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , CI 15985 (Yellow #6) , CI 19140 (Yellow #5)

Last edited:
Myjourney2009 I've always wanted to tell you something about your siggy. Judging by ur pic u are already relaxer box picture ready :yep: Most of the pics I've seen show women with healthy shoulder length and above

@Myjourney2009 I've always wanted to tell you something about your siggy. Judging by ur pic u are already relaxer box picture ready :yep: Most of the pics I've seen show women with healthy shoulder length and above

Thanks girl that side was showing my good side. I want the entire head like that. When I get to APL I will be on that box LOL>

my nails are growing :) I need to buy a nail file and a cuticle-push-backer thing.

Here's a tip. (My mum has really nice nails so I'm following her advice.) When taking off nail polish — since your cuticle is dampen and easier to manipulate — gently push and press them back. It's a lot more comfortable than using a utensil. It's worked well for both of us so even though we have one, we don't use it; it gives a nice shape too without looking odd. Not telling you not to buy one but you can try both and see what you prefer.

So I got the bright idea to blow dry my hair to make it easier to cornrow... not gonna try that mess again for a long while. I think I gave myself a mini setback from all the small broken hairs that ended up on my clothes, and I'm expecting to have to do my first trim since January to get rid of any knots or splits that might have formed because of it. :(
Next time I will try banding and save blow drying for when I plan to flat iron... won't that be an adventure.

Oh, my plan to do crochet braids this weekend was a big fat fail! Need to watch more youtube videos on how to do them. *sigh* Looks like I will be wigging it this summer. :ohwell:

Is it just me or are my vitamins helping me grow a new set of edges? :scratchch
Nope, not just you. What are you taking? I'm taking a multi and GNC's HSN and the biotin is helping to grow my edges back in but everywhere else is hairier too.

Nope, not just you. What are you taking? I'm taking a multi and GNC's HSN and the biotin is helping to grow my edges back in but everywhere else is hairier too.

Ravengirl, I'm taking Nature's Bounty Hair and Nails. I started off with 1/day then took 2 like the instructions indicated. I'm also taking Bell Liquid Multi-Vitamin Complex; vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, and herbs are in one bottle. I think if I was taking my extra liquid silica like accustomed I'd be seeing some more growth or thickness. It's a good combo so far though.

I'm noticing the hairier thing too, bad timing because it's summer and my epilator is not kind to me. :nono:

Last edited:
I'm going in to work today and I'm going to rock my new natural hair in a twist out!!!

Sent from my PG06100 using PG06100

Here's a tip. (My mum has really nice nails so I'm following her advice.) When taking off nail polish — since your cuticle is dampen and easier to manipulate — gently push and press them back. It's a lot more comfortable than using a utensil. It's worked well for both of us so even though we have one, we don't use it; it gives a nice shape too without looking odd. Not telling you not to buy one but you can try both and see what you prefer.

Or even better, when you get out of the shower just use your bath towel as you dry off to push them back.

@Myjourney2009 which one of those ingredient lists refers to the green flakes one?

@halee_J

The first ingredients list is the Vitale Hair mayo. Both the one with green and brown flakes have the same ingredients, however when I opened the container in the first store I saw those brown flakes and put it back because there were so many. I went to another store to price comparison and noticed lighter green flakes and got that one just because I liked how that one looked.

When I did some reading online reviews were done on both and I am glad I got the right one.

The 2nd ingredients list is for the Ors mayo. I put it here so people can see the ingredients list together to see the similarities.

If you purchase let us know how it goes

Last edited:
Summer is a'comin....it's gonna be 90+ degrees today.

I'm about to start getting really lazy w/ my hair really soon.....

I hate to watch people gets their hair blown out, I feel like I can hear their ends crying.....

Y do ppl ask for hair advice then only do part of it?

I caught my mom applying hair product with petroleum...mizani rose h2o...my heart broke.

I really need to stob buying hair products, but how can I when I havent found my staples?

Did that grown women just have a head full of beads? Smh (I hope she doesn't shake hers) And it matched her shirt? I guess it's a protective hair style...kinda.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Damn. There are always full out brawls in the comments below any one of Ateyyaa's videos. People go soo hard on the interwebs. :lol:

Back