Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

My mom's relaxer (dark and lovely shea) came with a keratin silk complex...which is basically fancy talk for the mid-protein step. Hair care companies are stepping up :yep:

I used the D&L moisturizer that came in the kit...wish I didn't because now my hair is weighed down and smells like lotion :ohwell:

(side note: I secretly want my mom to go natural. her hair is not long (above neck length) I think it would thrive if she didn't relax it. she only relaxes every 6 months or so too, so I think she can transition...I brought up the idea of her going natural and lets just say I have a lot of convincing to do...)

Last edited:
AlliCat, I hope you don't take this the wrong way but since you're not natural she might be even more resistant to take your advice.

I know yall are bumping up these old race threads to piss some of us off. Yall ain't slick :lol:

I miss some of those fonts :sad:

Firing up that flat iron again today:angeldevi
Will take a break after next wash- getting to like it too much...

Taking down twists with a new puppy is a bit of a challenge. She's like a goat. Tries to eat EVERYTHING!!

I just realized that I wear my bras kind of lower than most, so my bra strap is really closer to MBL. So my MBL goal is closer than I thought!

I wish I knew whats wrong with my scalp,its always itching.I feel like that may be a reason my hair is slow to no growth in the last 4 yrs. I really have to perfect my hair state before relaxing in Aug..

my mother said if i am going to rock my hair like Maxell, then stop it with the flowers in my hair! :lachen: i hope i don't scare these Yt folks too bad with my fro out!

looked at comparison pics of my most recent flat-iron job and the one done in december
i will NEVER stop dyeing my hair, NEVER. my color had faded and the difference in shine is so big. my hair has been looking so dull recently. ugh.

Meant to wash my hair. Procrastinated and napped, so that was shot to hell. I wish I could wash n twist in two hrs flat. Now I'm gonna feel like I'm walking around smelling like dirty hair :sad:

So the 100% black thread made me curious about my family history. So I finally dug up some info on the relative my grandma claims was "Indian", my great great grandfather. And yeah...on the census it says "Black" and his mother was "Black", no info on the father tho.

I think back in the day if people were light skinned w/ "good hair" some people tried to claim Native American, and while there may have been some Native American up in there, I'm willing to bet (in my family's case) its mostly just white mixed in from the rape of slaves back in the day.

looked at comparison pics of my most recent flat-iron job and the one done in december
i will NEVER stop dyeing my hair, NEVER. my color had faded and the difference in shine is so big. my hair has been looking so dull recently. ugh.

Rocky91 Have you tried to just do rinses instead of color? At my salon they use a demi permanent rinse that makes my hair really shiny. Not sure of the brand tho.

Rocky91 Have you tried to just do rinses instead of color? At my salon they use a demi permanent rinse that makes my hair really shiny. Not sure of the brand tho.

yea, I've tried rinses. however, I just can't get with the "bleeding" that happens with most rinses. it just drives me nuts. :nono:
does yours "bleed"? if not, would you mind sharing what brand it is they use?

yea, I've tried rinses. however, I just can't get with the "bleeding" that happens with most rinses. it just drives me nuts. :nono:

Are you opposed to henna/indigo?

Sent from my DROIDX

Just checked the race thread in OT. Members here are a big Contradiction... :lol: Yes, with a capital C.

I can't get my lace front wig to look right!

I cut the lace all the way back to the beginning of the part. In the store, the girl helped me put it on. It looked nice, but once I got in the car, I could see where the line ended and my hairline was showing. I tried to part my own hair in the front so that it blended with the part on the wig, and I still can't get it right!!!

It's a pretty wig, but I need more practice with it before I can wear it.

Due to my friends "liking" fan pages on facebook, I discovered 3 of my friends IRL who are on a hair journey. cool :)

Last edited:

No they dont bleed. I dont know the brand. It is from a professional line probably. I will call and ask.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

I had a dream that I coloured my hair with my Clairol box dye, for some reason I decided to leave it in longer than 7 minutes because someone was talking to me in a spa. :huh: Then as I bent over the sink to wash it out my hair came out in clumps LOL. :lachen:

:sigh:

I gotta lay off the heat for awhile. I can't protective style with braid extensions so I guess I will be bunning it up. You ladies have any other style suggestions?

Are you opposed to henna/indigo?

Sent from my DROIDX
very much opposed. :lol: i'm far too lazy for alladat and that stuff looks messy.:nono:
thanks for the suggestion, though.

No they dont bleed. I dont know the brand. It is from a professional line probably. I will call and ask.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

Thank you! that'd be great!:grin:

Ppl really dig beanies. I got quite a few compliments. Who knew hiding my hair could be so fashionable and accepting. Just not ready to pull this look off at work.

Back