Random Christian thought's thread continued ...

I must hear the f-word at least 100+ times a day along with every other profanity or inappropriate thing. I don't think it's normal. Maybe in my industry, it is normal. How to be a Christian in this type of environment. I just continue. I can turn off the tv at home. I can't turn off people talking at work.

^^^^^^^ I can only imagine... I work in a Christian establishment and I still have to deal with "flesh" every day :lachen:

I be like... yall better get that "flesh" out my face in here!

Instead of feeling bad about what I don't have I will praise Him today for the things I do. The ability to move around, the spirit of handwork, intelligence and abilities, parents who don't understand but are supportive anyway, and friends who have saw me through bad times.

Lots to be thankful for especially since there are others with bigger problems yet He always manages to take care of me and save my butt time and time again.

Instead of feeling bad about what I don't have I will praise Him today for the things I do. The ability to move around, the spirit of handwork, intelligence and abilities, parents who don't understand but are supportive anyway, and friends who have saw me through bad times.

Lots to be thankful for especially since there are others with bigger problems yet He always manages to take care of me and save my butt time and time again.[/QUOTE]

I know that's right! I think about things I used to do :nono: and Thank GOD for keeping me alive... I think I'm supposed to be here :grin:

If I wasn't in the middle of a computer class....I would be SHOUTING HIS PRAISES!!!! He has been so good to me. Professor looking at me crazy wondering why I'm tearing up right now....they are tears of joy!

Hairlove, I hear ya... Have you tried praying specifically over this environment? I used to work in the newsroom and if anybody has a filthy mouth it's irritated or angry journalist. :laugh: I've heard it all. I had to learn to tune it out, too. Being in an environment like that is challenging but you can only control your actions and no one else's. Maybe when they start cussing, you can pull out a Bible to read and start humming?? :lachen:

God bless
I must hear the f-word at least 100+ times a day along with every other profanity or inappropriate thing. I don't think it's normal. Maybe in my industry, it is normal. How to be a Christian in this type of environment. I just continue. I can turn off the tv at home. I can't turn off people talking at work.

Hairlove, I hear ya... Have you tried praying specifically over this environment? I used to work in the newsroom and if anybody has a filthy mouth it's irritated or angry journalist. :laugh: I've heard it all. I had to learn to tune it out, too. Being in an environment like that is challenging but you can only control your actions and no one else's. Maybe when they start cussing, you can pull out a Bible to read and start humming?? :lachen:

God bless

What a scene :rofl:

God bless

:lachen::funny:

God bless

Soon after I wrote this, that's exactly what I thought. (NO, not the taking out my bible part! :lachen:) The part about being only able to control my own actions and not others. Will be reminding myself of this. :)

God bless

:rofl: Now see, now you startin' stuff. You know they're gonna call her a Jesus freak. Although she's truly an Angel. :yep:

But still......... once she pulls her Bible out, they gonna run like diareah. (I can't even spell it.... :rofl: ).

I'm not talking about you in 3rd person, Hairlove... 'am I'? :spinning:

Soon after I wrote this, that's exactly what I thought. (NO, not the taking out my bible part! :lachen:) The part about being only able to control my own actions and not others. Will be reminding myself of this. :)
You could keep your Bible on your desk in full view...........:rolleyes:

:rofl3:

-
-
I know, right? lol

:rofl: Now see, now you startin' stuff. You know they're gonna call her a Jesus freak. Although she's truly an Angel. :yep:

But still......... once she pulls her Bible out, they gonna run like diareah. (I can't even spell it.... :rofl: ).

I'm not talking about you in 3rd person, Hairlove... 'am I'? :spinning:

I'm taking a class at my church on the study of the Old Testament....And I'm learning so much. Tonight I was like :shocked:...it's amazing how I read some scriptures over and over but did not fully grasp its concept until now.

I'd like to share something so that I can get more understanding...but I don't know if I should...sigh:ohwell:

I'm taking a class at my church on the study of the Old Testament....And I'm learning so much. Tonight I was like :shocked:...it's amazing how I read some scriptures over and over but did not fully grasp its concept until now.

I'd like to share something so that I can get more understanding...but I don't know if I should...sigh:ohwell:

theres always your blog :grin:
safety in the blogs oh Jesus :yep:

theres always your blog :grin:
safety in the blogs oh Jesus :yep:

True! But the question that I'd like to pose requires participation to gain knowledge and understanding.

I'd like for people to participate from two other religions because that's the only way the question will be answered fairly and clear up some misconceptions. The question is in regards to the promise that God made to Abraham, Sarah, Isaac, Hagar, and Ishmael based on scripture.

This could be a touchy topic and quite controversial. And quite frankly I don't think that a discussion created in a thread or blog would be respectful without counter-attacks and or offense from all parties.

However, I will further my studies and do some research to answer my question(s).

Thanks for the suggestion anyway:).

True! But the question that I'd like to pose requires participation to gain knowledge and understanding.

I'd like for people to participate from two other religions because that's the only way the question will be answered fairly and clear up some misconceptions. The question is in regards to the promise that God made to Abraham, Sarah, Isaac, Hagar, and Ishmael based on scripture.

This could be a touchy topic and quite controversial. And quite frankly I don't think that a discussion created in a thread or blog would be respectful without counter-attacks and or offense from all parties.

However, I will further my studies and do some research to answer my question(s).

Thanks for the suggestion anyway:).
\

I think I know what it is.:grin: Go for it. Why not? Being that it is a touchy subject, approach it by wording it carefully. I'd go for it. You've already got folks waiting.:yep:

\

I think I know what it is.:grin: Go for it. Why not? Being that it is a touchy subject, approach it by wording it carefully. I'd go for it. You've already got folks waiting.:yep:

Really tempting...but I'm going to pass.

Imagine 3 different faiths Judaism, Islam, and Christianity posting in this forum :drunk:. I prayed about it and not led to pose the question but rather do my own research for answers.

I know that your Hebrew roots will contribute a lot to my mysterious question(s) :).

Imagine 3 different faiths Judaism, Islam, and Christianity posting in this forum :drunk:. I prayed about it and not led to pose the question but rather do my own research for answers.

I know that your Hebrew roots will contribute a lot to my mysterious question(s) :).

That's okay, do what G-d is asking you to do. But people from those 3 faiths have definitely posted questions. And this ties into what I was going to say in my post before I saw your response...learning from others.

I sincerely hope that people do not see the exploration of doctrinal differences as any type of strife. I liked this forum because it was much more than just prayer requests and fellowship - not that that is not nice, it is. But some of us wish to grow in our faiths above and beyod current knowledge and that requires faith exploration. If some do not agree with certain doctrines and even in discussing them, allow those to pass the conversations so the rest of us can be edified.

Hopefully, people are still allowed to ask religious questions and that others not be so sensitized that they perceive any attacks either against themselves or the body of Christ. Asking difficult and perceived controversial questions/subjects is not the result of discord as we are not all of the same cloth. I would hope for the opportunities to continue - that the body of christians here does not reduce down to those of the same denominations only.

Im' experiencing such acceleration in the Spirit nowadays and many others are too. I used to be a bit fearful because I know God is preparing us for darker times but now I'm excited to be used in greater measure in the future and protected by His love :)

I love the change of seasons... Fall brings hope and rejuvenation, and adds color to life!

I will never sit in "AMEN ALLEY" at church again. Those ladies wear themselves out with all of that stuff. I'm still laughing though :lol:

Father I thank you , for your love is what sustains me. I am holding on lord. All I have is to hold on, I can't give up now. Thank You for keeping me and my son. Dispite my disobedience, I thank you for mercy , your love and forgiveness.

Thank You father for loving me unconditionally.:cry:

Maybe you can post it in the Off Topic forum...

Father I thank you , for your love is what sustains me. I am holding on lord. All I have is to hold on, I can't give up now. Thank You for keeping me and my son. Dispite my disobedience, I thank you for mercy , your love and forgiveness.

Thank You father for loving me unconditionally.:cry:

:hug2: Precious Love of God...... "You are" :Rose:

Back