Random Christian thought's thread continued ...

Got into an argument with a friend about me taking a vow of celibacy until I get married and that since I am trying to get my life in order (God, career, housing) I'm not dating right now was stupid. He said that women think that by giving up something (sex, shopping, etc) then God will send them a husband. That we are trying to do some exchange or deal with God. That it isn't logical to stop doing things (dating, socializing, shopping, having sex) and think that God will give women a husband. I told him I made this decision because I'm trying to live a Christian life and walk with God and in order to do that I need to stop doing certain things and thinking certain ways.

Ladies do you feel that you are bargaining or making a deal with God by giving up something you feel is holding you back from finding a husband?

My faith tells me that I am giving my life, all of my life to Jesus which includes finding my husband and that in order to do that I have to walk a Christian life and abide by the Bible. However there are times that I feel like I'm making "deals" since I've sinned in multiple ways and now I am asking him to help me and I'll stop doing evil deeds to show I'm serious. I know that we must confess and repent and ask to be forgiven and that I can only help myself through Jesus and his word. I just found this to be a new struggle to pray about.

Vonnieluvs08-

The more you draw closer to God, naturally you will no longer have the desire to do some of the things that used to give you pleasure.

Some of your friends will not understand because they are not on the same spiritual path / journey as yourself. If you continue to discuss spiritual matters with them ultimately you will become more frustrated, discouraged, and perhaps confused.

I pray that God will bring godly women into your life so that you can share your faith freely, edify and build one another up. I encourage you to get involved in your church so that you can meet like minded people. God has not called us to walk alone on this journey :).

Be Blessed!

Got into an argument with a friend about me taking a vow of celibacy until I get married and that since I am trying to get my life in order (God, career, housing) I'm not dating right now was stupid. He said that women think that by giving up something (sex, shopping, etc) then God will send them a husband. That we are trying to do some exchange or deal with God. That it isn't logical to stop doing things (dating, socializing, shopping, having sex) and think that God will give women a husband. I told him I made this decision because I'm trying to live a Christian life and walk with God and in order to do that I need to stop doing certain things and thinking certain ways.

Ladies do you feel that you are bargaining or making a deal with God by giving up something you feel is holding you back from finding a husband?

My faith tells me that I am giving my life, all of my life to Jesus which includes finding my husband and that in order to do that I have to walk a Christian life and abide by the Bible. However there are times that I feel like I'm making "deals" since I've sinned in multiple ways and now I am asking him to help me and I'll stop doing evil deeds to show I'm serious. I know that we must confess and repent and ask to be forgiven and that I can only help myself through Jesus and his word. I just found this to be a new struggle to pray about.

Flesh says: ARGGGGGGH!!! :wallbash:

And with that out the way; Lord please, please help me to reflect you, above, beyond and through my bad wanna-hit-my-head-on-my-desk days.

I receive the peace you give, I rejoice in the love you bestow, I love you.

deleted.....you know what? Never mind. But please read under my name and location...get the hint????? I'll take my mortal chances and absolutely bet on the RCC.

Last edited:
deleted.....you know what? Never mind. But please read under my name and location...get the hint????? I'll take my mortal chances and absolutely bet on the RCC.

LOL...
God knows your heart babe... And I specifically know that you aren't possessed... don't worry about it. You know your Jesus just like everyone else knows theirs...
Don't feel compelled to defend your faith to other Christians... just the lost... Who cares about the doctrine, especially when people can't RESPECTFULLY disagree :rolleyes:

When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is WISDOM.
Prov. 11:2

God blesses those who realize their imperfections and learn from their mistakes... He will grant you wisdom. Until you realize that you are equal to those around you, you will never grow.

LOL...
God knows your heart babe... And I specifically know that you aren't possessed... don't worry about it. You know your Jesus just like everyone else knows theirs...
Don't feel compelled to defend your faith to other Christians... just the lost... Who cares about the doctrine, especially when people can't RESPECTFULLY disagree :rolleyes:

Even if I didn't, I'd deserve the same respect and would be standing on the same level ground as everyone else. Yeah, I'm just telling folks do not EVER AGAIN attempt to change my religion by sending me ridiculous junk through my PM again. I'm content. Like I said, I'll bet my soul on where I am. I don't know how else to say it...in private, asking gently to stop it, yet it still happens. I'd be much more concerned with my own spirituality than that of someone else. Some people have this "I'm saved and you're not" crap altogether wrong. Based upon what? Hopefully, they themselves will come into further truth.

Last edited:
I am praying for you... I'm praying that He will continue to soften your heart. That He will continue to touch you as He is at this very moment. I believe that even through me, one of his lowliest servants, that He will charge your heart, that you will hear HIM speak...

amen. :pray:

Vonnie, I applaude you and even more, Jesus applauds and embraces you for making a decision that gives life into your relationship with Him.

When we 'sin', especially in compromise to please others, it weakens our relationship and communication with the Lord. We can't face Him because our sin makes us feel 'unworthy' of Him to forgive us and to be in His presence.

Whatever we give up for the sake of Jesus Christ, we are blessed 100- fold. But even if He didn't bless us, it's worth it far more because we love Him more than ourselves. :Rose:

I pray against any drama Lord!!! I pray for sincerity! I pray for transparency! I pray for your unconditional love for everyone!!! Though I am young I believe that through me You can and will touch just one! Though I have made mistakes Lord I believe that through me You can and will move mountains!!!

Amen

there are no such "spirits" of offense, strife, witchcraft, division.

I'm going to read about Saint Issa.

I'm going to read the Apocrypha.

I'm going to read the Book of Mormon.

I'm going to read the Tanakh.

I'm going to read the Koran.

I will not be an ignorant believer in a discussion with or know less than unbelievers who know more about my bible, my God, my Jesus or other religions than I do.

2 Timothy 2:15
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

According to the bible, there is no new revelation to humans anymore.

there are no such "spirits" of offense, strife, witchcraft, division.

I'm going to read about Saint Issa.

I'm going to read the Apocrypha.

I'm going to read the Book of Mormon.

I'm going to read the Tanakh.

I'm going to read the Koran.

I will not be an ignorant believer in a discussion with or know less than unbelievers who know more about my bible, my God, my Jesus or other religions than I do.

2 Timothy 2:15
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

According to the bible, there is no new revelation to humans anymore.

i hope i understand u correctly, cuz if I do... that was TIGHT... :yep:

1Star, siggy, isn't she the daring one who wore an Obama dress ???? I love her officially. The style-gurus were dissing her...but they're not as bright as she is. Oh, it wasn't for the style:yep: G-d bless Obama for what he and other truthful world leaders are trying to do. G-d bless the G20 that justice is heard.

The flooding has stopped in the GA but it rains on/off...thank God for the rain! The floods has affected many people in different ways. For some it was a disaster, for others it was a blessing and a chance for a new beginning. Whatever the outcome, thank God for the rain and the infusion of aid to those who need it. My heart goes out to the families of the 9 people who lost their lives.

The flooding has stopped in the GA but it rains on/off...thank God for the rain!

The floods has affected many people in different ways.

For some it was a disaster, for others it was a blessing and a chance for a new beginning. Whatever the outcome, thank God for the rain and the infusion of aid to those who need it.

My heart goes out to the families of the 9 people who lost their lives.

My prayers are in agreement for these Precious lives and yours. :giveheart:

My heart breaks for the people of Darfur. Jesus is truly this world's only hope...

Last edited:
Ok and Imma let you finish, but G-d has the best rebukes of all time.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
0511-0702-0211-2545_Businessman_Waving_a_White_Flag_Behind_His_Desk_clipart_image.jpg
[/FONT]Matthew 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. [44] But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; (KJV)

Colossians 3:12 "Put on therefore, as the elect of God,
holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind,
meekness, long-suffering;"

Last edited:
Transcendental Argument for the Existance of God: Necessary Precondition that: Aside from God, how could we account for: Knowledge, Ethics, Science, or Logic? [Apologetics]

this is all that matters... this is the only argument we should ever have

Mercy and humility.

"Anav" means "humility" in Hebrew and we are called to it. G-d gives us mercy, metaphor in Hebrew to "intestinal hum or hamoo me-ai" .

So, I humbled myself to go to confession and G-d always grants me a Hebrew understanding and experience...since birth I'll tell you. I'm standing there in line post-mass, surrounded by pious silence and the holy elect all behind me towards the confessional. Next to me is an acquaintance. I really needed mercy...so G-d answers me and my stomach says "brrrrrrrRRRRRkkkkkkKKKK" really loudly!

G-d always has a sense of humor, especially a Jewish one towards me.

oy vey

oh, boy.. look at what Kanye started... :lachen:

Ahem... Great scripture...we must pray, bless our enemies. But first, know who they are.... :yep:

Ok and Imma let you finish, but G-d has the best rebukes of all time.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
0511-0702-0211-2545_Businessman_Waving_a_White_Flag_Behind_His_Desk_clipart_image.jpg
[/FONT]Matthew 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. [44] But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; (KJV)

Colossians 3:12 "Put on therefore, as the elect of God,
holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind,
meekness, long-suffering;"

Matthew 13:

3 Then he told them many things in parables, saying: "A farmer went out
to sow his seed.

4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds
came and ate it up.

5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up
quickly, because the soil was shallow.

6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered
because they had no root.

7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants.

8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop--a hundred,
sixty or thirty times what was sown.

9 He who has ears, let him hear."

18 "Listen then to what the parable of the sower means:

19 When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand
it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This
is the seed sown along the path.

20 The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who
hears the word and at once receives it with joy.

21 But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or
persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away.

22 The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who
hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of
wealth choke it, making it unfruitful.

23 But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who
hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred,
sixty or thirty times what was sown."

24 Jesus told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man
who sowed good seed in his field.

25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among
the wheat, and went away.

26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27 "The owner's servants came to him and said, 'Sir, didn't you sow good
seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?'

28 "'An enemy did this,' he replied. "The servants asked him, 'Do you want
us to go and pull them up?'

29 "'No,' he answered, 'because while you are pulling the weeds, you may
root up the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the
harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned;
then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.'"

oh, boy.. look at what Kanye started... :lachen:

Ahem... Great scripture...we must pray, bless our enemies. But first, know who they are.... :yep:

I love that the net have taken to Kanye's ridiculousness, poking fun. It's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

Thing is, pray for everyone, love everyone. You never know. A pious man might himself be the enemy of the soul of another and has not realized it yet. Only G-d is perfect.

Now that the New Year has come to pass and I ask the L-rd for Atonement I now have to up-hold my word and get on track with living a better life. I know in time to come I will be tempered (tested) in the fire to see if I am worthy of being one of the chosen few but I feel that I have it in me to pass.

Ladies I hope that your Holy Days inspired you to become new in spirit/truth, love and health, May G-D Bless you all for many good years to come.

~Shalom

ETA: My post was directed to the ladies who understand my beliefs but I do wish all ladies many years of prosperity and good health no matter what your beliefs are.

Last edited:
Now that the New Year has come to pass and I ask the L-rd for Atonement I now have to up-hold my word and get on track with living a better life. I know in time to come I will be tempered (tested) in the fire to see if I am worthy of being one of the chosen few but I feel that I have it in me to pass.

Ladies I hope that your Holy Days inspired you to become new in spirit/truth, love and health, May G-D Bless you all for many good years to come.

~Shalom

I've asked several times for there to be a proper Jewish forum...but to no avail sigh. Maybe one day. Follow your journey well and in peace.:yep:

Back