*Quickie* LAST MONTH OF 09 CHALLENGE!

Barbie83

Hey everybody, anybody up for a quick challenge? Since it's the first of the month, I'm gonna take a length shot and then do everything in my power to encourage growth, health and retention this month. I'm already a part of the high-protein liquid diet group, and I think that all the extra protein and exercise will help a lot. :yep:

Anybody who wants in, hurry and take a starting pic tonight!
Final pics will be taken January 1st.

Who's with me? :look:

Starting pic
12-1hair.jpg

(d*mn trim........grrrrrr)

Hmm, why not ? :yep:

I wasnt completely satisfied with the results of my last regimen.. I decided to tweak it a little with more protein

It'll be a good way to test it out while uppin on the protective style and low heat styles.

But whats the challenge about? lol Are there some basic rules?

Hmm, why not ? :yep:

I wasnt completely satisfied with the results of my last regimen.. I decided to tweak it a little with more protein

It'll be a good way to test it out while uppin on the protective style and low heat styles.

But whats the challenge about? lol Are there some basic rules?

LOL That's what I want to know. I'm already on a quest to get my 2010 reggie together.

Nope, the only rules are to post a starting pic tonight or tomorrow and another one on January 1st. Feel free to share what you'll be focusing on this month (deep conditioning, protective styling, cardio exercise, growth aids, etc). For me, it will be:

-cardio exercise 4-5 times a week
-increased protein intake (from shakes)
-more scalp massages (may incorporate the last of my Mega-Tek, what the hell ;))
-wear my hair up as much as possible

I want to join but I just hate taking pics :look: My focus this month will be
-5,000 mg of msm daily
-3,000 mg of flax seed oil daily
-DC twice a week

I guess I could do this :)

Starting pic in sig, just took that one tonight. I suppose my focus will be to keep up with my vitamins (I've been slacking this last week) and with my DE (been slacking with that too.

I'm in!

I don't have a starting pic b/c im ps'ing, but this challenge will force me to stretch my relaxer through the new year.

I will get back to dc'ing and continue ps'ing.

Good luck ladies!

Alright Barbie83 - this is my first challenge!!!!!!! and i've been around for a minute
I plan on tweaking my regimen majorly in the new year anyway. I'll be dirty thirty in 2 weeks, and I plan on flat ironing for the first time in ages. I'll definitely post pics when I take this sew in out :look:

Ooh, I'm in!

This last month, I will be:
1. Moisturizing and sealing my ends daily.
2. Bunning daily.
3. Refraining from using direct heat.
4. DCing at least once a week.
5. Oiling my scalp with JBCO twice a week.
6. Taking my supplements (7500 mgs Biotin, 3000 mg acai, 4000 mg chlorella, 3000 mg spirulina) everyday. I've been slacking on this since last week *hides from vitamin challengers* so I really need to get on track.
7. Drinking 64 oz a day. (REALLY been slacking on this. :nono:)

Here's my starting point, as of five minutes ago (lol):

picture.php

My hair isn't straight in this picture though....I had it braided for the night, and I'm 13 weeks post. I'm relaxing on December 18, hopefully.

Last edited:
I will love to join to a APL for the next year, i think i could reach that ny the end of next year. I guess one month is not enough for a chalenge. :(

i would SO do this-i love short term challenges-it's much easier to stay focused.
but i'm in a weave, and i probably won't be able to show progress shots...because this ish was too expensive to only keep in for a month.:perplexed
good luck everyone!!

I'm not happy with this pic...I flatironed too much during the fall, and I think that affected my retention. I wanted to be APL by now. As you can see, my right side grows MUCH faster than the rest of my hair, so I may trim even in January.

In this pic, I'm 7 weeks post and I worked out today, so my roots are puffy.

Okay, for this last month I'm going to...

1. Take my vitamins daily
2. Moisturize my ends daily with LTR leave-in (I normally don't do this!)
3. Use my Aveda shampoo and conditioners (for consistency)
4. After my interview tomorrow, I will wear my hair up 90% of the month
5. Do cardio for at least 30 mins 6 times a week
6. Abs nightly
7. No use of the flat iron
8. Increase my water intake
9. Sleep
10. Stay offline until December 11th and focus on my finals lol!!!!

Last edited:
I'm in. Trying my best to stretch my relaxer a full 26 weeks. I'm currently 20 weeks post. I'm unsure on the regimen right now. This crazy new growth is unchartered territory. Will update.

Attachments

• CHALLENGE.jpg
    CHALLENGE.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 9
i can do that. here is my starting pic. i took it last week and my batteries are currently dead.

102_0625.JPG

this month, i am focusing on keeping my ends stretched. i have been doing this for about 6 weeks now and i am noticing more retention than i did in recent months when i did not focus on this. i'm rocking a dominican blowout until the 14th of december, then I will wash and wear my hair in some style with stretched ends (chunky twists/twistout, french braids, something) for a week before going back to the salon on the 21st. while my hair is straight, my goals are to moisturize every night, limit the combing/brushing, and wear protective styles at least 50% of the time. once i am back to curly, i will moisturize twice a day.

Ooh! I'm in! Lemme take my hair back down so I can take a pic :lol:

I'm going to:
  1. Take my vitamins every single day!!! No slacking!
  2. Keep my ends up off my rough wool coats!
  3. Turn down my flat iron :look:

Attachments

• Photo 155.jpg
    Photo 155.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 4
  • Photo 162.jpg
    Photo 162.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I would join, but I cant post a starting pic because Im in the HYH challenge. However, I will be watching and cheering you guys on from the side lines!!!!

count me in! here's mine. this was taken 2 weeks ago, when i was almost 11 weeks post. sorry it's so big.

photo1.jpg

i'll be hiding my hair length in curly rollersets, pin-ups, & wigs, hehe!

Last edited:
Ooh! I'm in! Lemme take my hair back down so I can take a pic :lol:

Your .gif is so cute!!!

I would like in on this too. Here is my starting comparison pic (taken Aug and Nov 2009). I put in these two so my third will actually show if there has been a major leap in growth. I am curious to know what MT and Luster's will do for me...

The 2nd pic was taken November 13th. I'd have to straighten again to do a 100% accurate length check, but I am not feeling heat at the moment...so...my ending will be 6 wks instead of 4. Hope this is okay...(let me know because I really want to do this...)

Comparison.jpg

Regimen

(1) Washing every 3-4 days. Moisturizing condition each time.
(2) Low combing...maybe once every 10-12 days. I can finger detangle after a wash when twisting. I just dusted, so there are no single strand knots right now.
(3) Mega Tek directly on scalp 2-3 times per week. MT as a protein conditioner just once around the 15th of December.
(4) Luster's Pink Grocomplex 3000 (I know someone just choked on their breath, but this stuff was the only thing that kept my scalp clean when I had locs. I just remembered it this evening while I was in Wal Mart. :blush:) directly on scalp after washing. I intend to lay it on thick. M locs grew a LOT in a short period of time, and I want to test to see if this is part of the reason.
(5) Castor Oil directly on scalp maybe once a week if scalp feels dry.
(6) Twists or twist-outs as my only style, using shea butter.

Great challenge!!! This is a wonderful way to end 2009/start 2010!!
:yay::yay::yay:

Happy and Healthy hair growing, everyone!!!

cj

Last edited:
I'm in....
pic was taken 11/24

019.jpg

Regimen:
wash once a wk
prepoo before wash
deep condition with every wash
add leave in and seal with jbco mixed with kbb hair cream
do a henna/indigo treatment once every 2 wks
up my protein intake using protein shakes
take a daily multi vitamin
keep hair bunned
no heat til reveal day

My goal is to be full armpit length

I'm in!

I didn't straighten for this length check, I stretched my hair, but not taught, so it's actually a smidge longer. Excuse the rest of the bird's nest.

I want to focus on washing a little less and manipulating less, in hopes that I may retain a little more than 1" this month and get closer to full apl.

My regimen:
Reduce cowashing to 2x/wk
Continue to DC 1x/wk
Only comb in shower for 30 days w/1 pass for Christmas Day
Continue to take multivitamin and fish oil daily

I'll join too. I will edit this post when I get home with a starting pic & reggie.

ETA: Starting pics

14764_1307162518507_1213870788_955555_1940135_s.jpg

picture.php

Reggie:

Twistouts until the 21st when I start the winter/spring bun challenge (bunning 24/7 until May)
No heat
Moisterize twice per day with a leave in spray and seal with ORS
Exercise 5 days per week
Eat healthy

Last edited:
I'll join too!!
I don't know how much I'll accomplish in a month, but I'll try!
PC020031.jpg

I'll wash n DC weekly
Continue with my cardio @ least 3x week
Keep it in a bun when not shooting/working
Oil my ends and wrap up in scarf nightly
I'm also getting my color touched up this month so I dont know how that'll impact my hair.

I'm in! I will continue the vitamins, liquid protein. PSas always. Increase the MSM, biotin, horse tail, and flax seed. I'm going for atleast half an inch to a full inch. I'm hopeful....:grin:

Attachments

• quick pics 001.jpg
    quick pics 001.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 2
I'll join (if that's okay). I'll post a starting pic Friday, but the last pic in my siggy was taken about two weeks ago. I stretched my hair the other day and it was touching my bra strap in the back, I would like to see if that was a fluke by the end of the month, if so, I will have met my hair length goal for May 2010 and then will continue by thickening it up to be full bsl by May. If not, then the beat goes on.

I want to do the following this month:
1) wear my hair up more
2) wash less (every other week)
3) work out daily (even if it's only for 15 min/2x a day)
4) drink more water

Ok, checking in to stay motivated

I worked out for 45 minutes this morning (interval training)
I drank only water all day (resisted soda)
I had an interview today, so I did touch up my hair with heat, but after the interview, I moisturized it well and did a cute little bun
I took chlorella, women's one a day, and St. John's wort (I'm running out of my other vits and not buying anymore until Jan)
I rested pretty well (took a nap), but I'm still having tension headaches. I'm trying not to let them discourage me from working out.

Back