I CHALLENGE all of the short relaxer stretchers out there to...

I would like to join! My last relaxer was 12-19-07 and I am trying to make it to June 19, and then figure out where to go from there. This is my first time stretching for a long period, so I am just going to be taking it one day at a time...

Welcome to the challenge Aggie and Highlyfavored1!!!!

I know you two can make it to the six month marks, just stay moisturized and keep a positive outlook.

I didn't commit myself because I was scared, but now I can see myself doing this.:yep: I'm 10 weeks post and going strong! I did a roller set to check my length and my layers are growing....finally! My nape is growing like a weed! My hair started above neck level, now it is touching my shoulder. My sides started above the ear and now is just below the cheek. Getting better!

I didn't commit myself because I was scared, but now I can see myself doing this.:yep: I'm 10 weeks post and going strong! I did a roller set to check my length and my layers are growing....finally! My nape is growing like a weed! My hair started above neck level, now it is touching my shoulder. My sides started above the ear and now is just below the cheek. Getting better!

Want me to add you?

Sounds like your hair was waiting for a stretch to show you its capabilities. Congratulations on the progress in only ten weeks!

Please add me. I finally got a good regimen down pat. I am doing 8 large flat twists and putting them in a bun. I had a long post prepped the last time but my computer didn't post it.:ohwell:

So I just hit 11 weeks! I am so proud of myself because I have never gone past 9 weeks before. Last night I did an Emergencee treatment, being sure to get the demarcation line covered well, just to make sure I am keeping it strong. I am not really having breakage issues and I think that it really helped that I finally found a conditioner that detangles my hair (Herbal Essences None of Your Frizziness). I think from now on I am just going to be airdrying with a braid and bunning.

I started an album of my stretch in my Fotki! How is everyone else doing?

I will be 12 weeks post tomorrow and still going. I started using the ayurveda powders and oils and I must admit, I am seeing less and less breakage and if this continues, I will be able to stretch much longer.

This stretching of course is no fun at all but I know the benefits are gonna be great.

How's it ladies?

I've hit the end of my third month (13 weeks) and I have tons of new growth (3 inches!) At this point I'm washing daily cause I exercise 4 days a week and my hair loves it!

Well call me a cheater, coz ain' no way I can stretch successfully without a lil help. I have in box braids and will keep them in for a total of 8 weeks then take them down for 2 weeks while wearing wigs, then re-do my braids for another 7 weeks. Perfect plan for me as I am in a few other challenges as well including the Bootcamp 2008 & WIG challenges. I think I joined the Crown & Glory challenge too:drunk:. I think I'm in too many challenges:grin:.

ETA: By the way, I am now 15 and a half weeks post relaxer.

I haven had a relaxer since last July. My hair is a couple of inches past my shoulders, half is relaxed and half is natural. I fear washing and detangling my hair but I will keep the relaxer out. I want a big curly fro, almost there.

Hey Ladies,

I'm thinking of joining this challenge. I saw some concerns in the earlier posts about breakage. There might be a solution. Everyone on here should read the posts that goldensugar23 started. It is located on the Hair Recipe Board and the name of the thread is: "great pre-poo to tame relaxed/colored hair" .

Here is a link:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=68944

She shares an amazing natural recipe on a pre-poo that you could do that softens newgrowth and adds moisture to the hair. You will also see that people with natural hair commented on it (see the comment by jayjaycurlz) and saw that it caused her curl pattern to loosen. The main ingredient is coconut milk and many others.

I am not sure how it will handle on 5 and 6 inches of newgrowth, but it is worth a try! Many of the women rave about it.

Back