PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! I will NEVER stray from Joico. I used the complete product line today and my hair is a 20+++++

I applied Vatika to my hair and slept with it in overnight. This morning I applied my henna mix and sat under the steamer for an hour. Rinsed with cheapie conditioners and then brought out the big guns:

I washed with Joico Moisture Recovery shampoo, used the Joico Moisture Recovery conditioning balm for coarse/thick hair, rinsed, then (for the first time) used the cuticle sealer (THE BOMB!!!!), rinsed.

I then sprayed my hair with SAA and applied the Joico split end mender and NTM and sealed with Hairveda.

Only 5 hairs came out. I LOVE JOICO!!!!!!

I will use up all of the other conditioners in my henna mixes. I have got to get rid of my Aphogee, Duotex and Keracare.

Now to get better with my braid outs .....
I know what you mean. It feels good to discover what really works. I'm so impressed with your progress. Your siggy tells it all.

Its so good to hear about your:yep::yep: good fortune using PROTEIN. We not sleeping on protein here. We using it to our advantage. You have seen the difference I can see. We all came here together and all have similar goals. We growing our hair and the breakage have to go cause we using protein to make it stronger than it was. We not scared of protein anymore. We know how to balance it out. The end results is stronger hair! I'm glad you joining us. Thanks for the product reviews

Although I was not a "member" when you first started this challenge, I just joined in April, I too, had incorporated your helpful knowledge about protein into my Regimen. And now I am a member, and I find that Protein was "truly" my friend after suffering a 90% hair loss from being a weekly client at a Salon for over 4 years that had serious overlapped, overprocessed my hair in November of '08.

By January of '09 90% of my hair fell out down to the NG. That's when I began my quest for Healthy Hair. Not only Healthy Hair, but taking over the care of my own Hair and become a DIY. I had always been a weekly client at a Salon since College (over 20 years) I knew absolutely "nothing" about my own hair and that's a shame because I had always left that in the hands of some Stylist.

Now that I am learning what my hair likes and how to balance things out with Protein & Moisture and even seek knowledge on the issue of Porosity which was also one of my big problems. Now I feel total empowerment by starting to do my own hair. 3/4ths of the times it looks a Hotmess (because it doesn't look like that fresh salon finish -- but it's getting healthy.

So, I personally wanted to tell you Patricia this particular thread got me on my start. My hair is slowly recovering and getting better every day.

Thank you so much.

Just checkin' in - DC on dry hair with AO GPB/HSR -shampooed with Kenra MS and followed up with Paul Mitchell Extra Body Rinse - rollerset with Phytospecific Integral Leave In

side note - Earlier this week -shampooed / used Emergencee / rinsed and followed up with Humectress -rollerset with Lacio Lacio
All your products sounds yummy:lick:

I don't think I've checked in since this challenge started even though I do use protein weekly.

Today, I gave myself a towel steam treatment with Alter Ego (after washing with JASON natural Biotin Shampoo), then I sprayed Aphogee Green Tea Restructerizer, Applied Silicon Mix leave-in & some CSI. My hair sopped up the protein!!!! My flat-iron came out great and I got lots of compliments.
Glad to hear from you. also glad to hear protein is working out! We going to get there. Its going to happen for all of us. We all here for a reason. 99.999% of us is benefiting from coming together and sharing what works

I didn't join this challenge but I'll answer the questions anyway.

WHAT TYPE OF PROTEIN YOU USE?

Weekly: Deep Condition with Ultra Black Hair Conditioner-I ran out so last week so I used a hot oil treatment by New Era 2000 that contained hydrolyzed collagen. Loved it and will use it again. Leave-in conditioner (Kenra Daily Provision) has silk protein.

Every six weeks or whenever needed: Aphogee Two-Step Treatment...been using it for years. I was leery about the formula changing but I like the new formula better (works best with clear gloss/colourshine treatment).

HOW YOUR HAIR FEEL ON A SCALE FROM 1-10?

WHAT CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO ACHIEVE A 10?

I think my hair was the healthiest two years ago...I was using mango butter (whipped with oils/sodium lactate) and baggying...but I also used mild protein (deep conditioned mostly...used Aphogee as needed {which wasn't often}). I need to get more mango butter and stop using commercial moisturizing products that contain water as the first ingredient. :look: If I must use anything water-based on my hair, it must be in a spray bottle (spring water) with equal parts Braid Spray (African Royale BRX). I used that to mist my hair (mostly the roots) as needed and then applied the mango butter concoction the length/ends.
Oh yes thanks for sharing. Come in and let us know how its going. We want to see you climb to a 10. Let us know if you switch back to mango butter too. Don't be a stranger

I gave my hair another shot of protein last night and once again my hair loved it. :love:

I co-washed with MT for 5 mins. My hair felt great after the MT. I then co-washed with Salon Care Honey Almond conditioner 2 times. My hair felt like butter and detangling was a dream. I have learned that my hair detangles great when using a conditioner that has a little protein in it.

I rinsed the SCHA and then applied my leave ins: Giovanni Direct and Yes to Cucumbers. Sealed with EVCO and Castor oil. I dryed my hair with my blow dryer on cool. I put a little more YTC on my hair and then did 15 to 18 bantu knots. Put on my satin cap and went to bed. I took down my bantu knots around 2 pm and this is the best set I have done. My hair is soft and has a lot of body. It is so full.:yahoo:

10!!!!!!!!:love::cloud9::yahoo:

None, my hair absoultely loves protein.:yahoo: I will continue to co-wash with my Salon Care Honey Almond conditioner. That stuff is great. My hair loves it. :love:.

I now make sure that if I DC with protein that I follow up with a moisturizing conditioner that also has a little protein in it. If not my hair will be too mushy and soft and then detangling will be a night mare. My hair tangles and breaks more when I use too much moisture. My hair stays moisturized now. It just holds onto it better and my ends have not snapped since I starting using more protein.

I can definately see me reaching my hair golas now that I have it all figured out. Thanks Patricia for posting this challenge.

Although I was not a "member" when you first started this challenge, I just joined in April, I too, had incorporated your helpful knowledge about protein into my Regimen. And now I am a member, and I find that Protein was "truly" my friend after suffering a 90% hair loss from being a weekly client at a Salon for over 4 years that had serious overlapped, overprocessed my hair in November of '08.

By January of '09 90% of my hair fell out down to the NG. That's when I began my quest for Healthy Hair. Not only Healthy Hair, but taking over the care of my own Hair and become a DIY. I had always been a weekly client at a Salon since College (over 20 years) I knew absolutely "nothing" about my own hair and that's a shame because I had always left that in the hands of some Stylist.

Now that I am learning what my hair likes and how to balance things out with Protein & Moisture and even seek knowledge on the issue of Porosity which was also one of my big problems. Now I feel total empowerment by starting to do my own hair. 3/4ths of the times it looks a Hotmess (because it doesn't look like that fresh salon finish -- but it's getting healthy.

So, I personally wanted to tell you Patricia this particular thread got me on my start. My hair is slowly recovering and getting better every day.

Thank you so much.
YOU IN THE RIGHT PLACE. I feel all mushy inside, THANK YOU! You now have an advantage not to make the mistakes like myself. Sorry to hear that you hair came out to the newgrowth. This is like a new beginning for you. Its all uphill from here. Feel free to ask questions and jump right in with your hair care regimine. I know your pain, I was also looking for help for a bad dye job. Thats when I found the boards. I had to cut all my hair off too. I learned a lot along the way. Keep us posted on your progress!

Oh goodness I forgot to post about my own hair. I shampoo with nizoral, conditioned with my protein mix. airdried and grabbed my wave nuevo that was hiding among my other stuff. I'm back in love with wave nuevo. I was using it then stopped but now I know I was using it to much. I have control of my hair woes now. I only need to use moisturisers 1 or 2x per week. lately I've been getting away with 1. I'm at a perfect 10. It really makes a difference when you know how to balance things

I gave my hair another shot of protein last night and once again my hair loved it. :love:

I co-washed with MT for 5 mins. My hair felt great after the MT. I then co-washed with Salon Care Honey Almond conditioner 2 times. My hair felt like butter and detangling was a dream. I have learned that my hair detangles great when using a conditioner that has a little protein in it.

I rinsed the SCHA and then applied my leave ins: Giovanni Direct and Yes to Cucumbers. Sealed with EVCO and Castor oil. I dryed my hair with my blow dryer on cool. I put a little more YTC on my hair and then did 15 to 18 bantu knots. Put on my satin cap and went to bed. I took down my bantu knots around 2 pm and this is the best set I have done. My hair is soft and has a lot of body. It is so full.:yahoo:

10!!!!!!!!:love::cloud9::yahoo:

None, my hair absoultely loves protein.:yahoo: I will continue to co-wash with my Salon Care Honey Almond conditioner. That stuff is great. My hair loves it. :love:.

I now make sure that if I DC with protein that I follow up with a moisturizing conditioner that also has a little protein in it. If not my hair will be too mushy and soft and then detangling will be a night mare. My hair tangles and breaks more when I use too much moisture. My hair stays moisturized now. It just holds onto it better and my ends have not snapped since I starting using more protein.

I can definately see me reaching my hair golas now that I have it all figured out. Thanks Patricia for posting this challenge.
You so sweet! we appreaciate you joining in and giving us the good reviews on your products. Just stay motivated and know we going to grow our hair long and strong right here.

Cowashing with Shescentit's Fortifying Masque mixed with ayurvedic powders. I tried to use this as a dc several times but it is too drippy with heat added. I have cotton coil but I just don't think a dc should be drippy.

I'm giving a shout-out to Aggie for the suggestion to put oil in my shampoo. I have the Naked Naturals Citrus and Keratin shampoo and condish. I added grapeseed oil to the shampoo to keep it from drying my hair out. My hair felt strong, yet soft. I let my hair dry for a little while then put a mixture of Naked Naturals condish and Joico deep penetrating treatment in my hair for an hour with heat. Rinsed and put in Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin spray, layered coconut oil on top of that then put at moist warm towel on my hair for 15 minutes. Strong, shiny and soft hair all the way:yep: Cherry on top is that my bald spots are growing in from my experiment (MT, OCT and MSM powder), so the protein is keeping the new hair strong as it get reaquainted with the existing hair. YAY!! Finally back to a 10!!

I'm giving a shout-out to Aggie for the suggestion to put oil in my shampoo. I have the Naked Naturals Citrus and Keratin shampoo and condish. I added grapeseed oil to the shampoo to keep it from drying my hair out. My hair felt strong, yet soft. I let my hair dry for a little while then put a mixture of Naked Naturals condish and Joico deep penetrating treatment in my hair for an hour with heat. Rinsed and put in Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin spray, layered coconut oil on top of that then put at moist warm towel on my hair for 15 minutes. Strong, shiny and soft hair all the way:yep: Cherry on top is that my bald spots are growing in from my experiment (MT, OCT and MSM powder), so the protein is keeping the new hair strong as it get reaquainted with the existing hair. YAY!! Finally back to a 10!!
O cool thats good info. That oil thing went right over my head. Thanks for bringing that up. I will try to put some in my shampoo to see what happens. Glad to hear your bald spots growing. Congrats on a perfect 10!

Deep conditioning now with Lanza's ulitmate treatment co and strength power booster for 30 min. I plan on shampooing and doing a quick rinse out/cw once in the shower.

O cool thats good info. That oil thing went right over my head. Thanks for bringing that up. I will try to put some in my shampoo to see what happens. Glad to hear your bald spots growing. Congrats on a perfect 10!

Went over my head, too...you're not alone there. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least:yep:. Yes, it's nice to get a 10 again (I missed it).

Off topic: I love your YouTube vids. You look so cute with your two pony puffs in the webcam vid. I tried to go to the World of Haircare site, but doesn't load:perplexed I would love to find out more about the challenge there:drunk:

Woo Hoo:woot:, so glad it worked for you honey.

My update:

I got my natural hair cornrowed down to wear my wigs for a few weeks. Now because I am transitioning to texlaxed hair, I will not have my hair out a whole lot for a long while because I need the bone straight hair to grow out so I can cut it all off. Today I added some Infusium 23 leave-in to the ayurveda spritzer I made for extra protein and is spritzing my scalp and hair with it as needed for strengthening my hair.

I'll try to keep my hair cornrowed for at least 3 weeks, then henna, then braid up again.

I OD'ed on protein at my last wash, but only because I shampooed instead of cowashing like a normally do. :ohwell: HOWEVER, my hair is hardly breaking at all and it is shiny...hard, but shiny :lachen: One thing I did like though was using Duotex in my ayurveda powder mix, once I get my moisture levels back up I'll be doing this more often!

I OD'ed on protein at my last wash, but only because I shampooed instead of cowashing like a normally do. :ohwell: HOWEVER, my hair is hardly breaking at all and it is shiny...hard, but shiny :lachen: One thing I did like though was using Duotex in my ayurveda powder mix, once I get my moisture levels back up I'll be doing this more often!

My goodness, what shampoo was this? LOL

My goodness, what shampoo was this? LOL

Lol it was Cream of Nature. I don't know which one, it's whatever one my mom uses. It's a decent shampoo, I used it four days before that and my hair was fine. But when I tried to cowash at my last wash my hair felt weird, so I reached for the shampoo again, and I had already done a lot of protein, so my hair got mad at me after that :ohwell:

Lol it was Cream of Nature. I don't know which one, it's whatever one my mom uses. It's a decent shampoo, I used it four days before that and my hair was fine. But when I tried to cowash at my last wash my hair felt weird, so I reached for the shampoo again, and I had already done a lot of protein, so my hair got mad at me after that :ohwell:

I thought I was the only one who's hair got mad at them. I hope your hair is okay. I know with having fine hair that something going wrong with the program is no joke:nono: Took several months to find out what my hair likes, and I'm still trying to find the magic bullet. But find the magic bullet we shall:yep:

Checking in:

I started back using MT. I'm applying it to my scalp only 3 to 4 days a week. I used it before with good results but I fell off from lazziness. I haven't had any issues with shedding nor do I think I will have a problems with protein over load since I co-wash nightly.

I've been co-washing nightly with Salon Care Honey Almond Conditioner. My always feel great; really soft and strong.

I did my first dry DC with SCHA under the heating cap for 45 mins. My hair came out great. I'm just having fun with my hair. I love co-washing with SCHA. My hair never feels dry anymore unlike when I was co-washing with V05.

Went over my head, too...you're not alone there. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least:yep:. Yes, it's nice to get a 10 again (I missed it).

Off topic: I love your YouTube vids. You look so cute with your two pony puffs in the webcam vid. I tried to go to the World of Haircare site, but doesn't load:perplexed I would love to find out more about the challenge there:drunk:
Someone else just told me that my link not working right too! Was you laughing at me. I talk so slow I was waiting for me to get to the point. I now see why my neices tell me I talk slow. I knew it but looking at my self on tape. I'm like OH NOOOOO. I just uploaded one today with fresh washed hair and airdried. Look but don't laugh! I'll get better as I get use to being in front of the camera. I'll pm you when the website is up and running. hmmmmm the link in my siggy don't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back