PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
I OD'ed on protein at my last wash, but only because I shampooed instead of cowashing like a normally do. :ohwell: HOWEVER, my hair is hardly breaking at all and it is shiny...hard, but shiny :lachen: One thing I did like though was using Duotex in my ayurveda powder mix, once I get my moisture levels back up I'll be doing this more often!
Duotex turned on me. Don't understand why. Look on the bright side. ITS SHINY and no breakage!

Checking in:

I started back using MT. I'm applying it to my scalp only 3 to 4 days a week. I used it before with good results but I fell off from lazziness. I haven't had any issues with shedding nor do I think I will have a problems with protein over load since I co-wash nightly.

I've been co-washing nightly with Salon Care Honey Almond Conditioner. My always feel great; really soft and strong.

I did my first dry DC with SCHA under the heating cap for 45 mins. My hair came out great. I'm just having fun with my hair. I love co-washing with SCHA. My hair never feels dry anymore unlike when I was co-washing with V05.
I know you feel good about finding something your hair likes

You go girl! Keep doing what you do! your hair looks so healthy in your siggy

This is another "Jewel" in the LHCF Crown especially for all the Protein Deficient Heads like myself. Although it's a long one, it is chocked Full of Valuable Information that can change the life of your hair. It's Definitely worth the Read.

dc now with Lanza healing strength conditioner, neutral protein filler, and strength power booster.

ETA: my hair looks and feels like a 10! This is definitely a winning combo for me.

Last edited:
Someone else just told me that my link not working right too! Was you laughing at me. I talk so slow I was waiting for me to get to the point. I now see why my neices tell me I talk slow. I knew it but looking at my self on tape. I'm like OH NOOOOO. I just uploaded one today with fresh washed hair and airdried. Look but don't laugh! I'll get better as I get use to being in front of the camera. I'll pm you when the website is up and running. hmmmmm the link in my siggy don't work?

I was too busy looking at your wonderfully thick hair to laugh. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the way you talk. You remind me of my kinfolk--I'm a Southern girl at heart =). I saw your new vid and I'm so jealous; your hair looks nice and thick even when it's wet. I like your length, too:yep:. Where did you get the "Not Listening" t-shirt? I want one:drunk:
Be very thankful that you did not get bone straight. I did and I've regretted ever since:nono: Some texture is finally coming back thanks to protein.
Yes, please let me know when the site is up. The World of Haircare link in your siggy leads to a blank page. I tried it on different computers and different browsers, and I get the same blank page.

Congrats! progress is taking place

I think once people realize the important role Protein can play in their Hair Care Regimen, it will solve alot of problems. And it doesn't have to be an Animal or Keratin Protein. It can be a Wheat, Soy or Plant Protein. But a Protein is definitely so important. My Hair is so much Stronger. I am glad this Thread keeps finding it's way back to the top. Maybe more people will take advantage of the knowledge on here and catch on.

I was too busy looking at your wonderfully thick hair to laugh. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the way you talk. You remind me of my kinfolk--I'm a Southern girl at heart =). I saw your new vid and I'm so jealous; your hair looks nice and thick even when it's wet. I like your length, too:yep:. Where did you get the "Not Listening" t-shirt? I want one:drunk:
Be very thankful that you did not get bone straight. I did and I've regretted ever since:nono: Some texture is finally coming back thanks to protein.
Yes, please let me know when the site is up. The World of Haircare link in your siggy leads to a blank page. I tried it on different computers and different browsers, and I get the same blank page.
Thats funny cause you wouldn't know I straight from Michigan, but my heart in in the southern states cause its cold here. Everyone asks me where I'm from. LOL. My neice was watching the video and asked me whats up with my shirts. In my first video I had on a new york big apple shirt and this guy sent me a message saying "I love your big apples" I didn't know what he was talking about. I thought about it later. I always wear the "not listening" shirt and didn't realize I taped the video in it until after the fact. She say my shirts have attitudes. I had this shirt for a few years I don't have a clue where I got it. I don't know why the website was acting up but hopefully its fixed. Funny you say your texture is coming back with protein. I feel thats the reason why I cant get bone straight. I do the protein step before neutralizing. Its cool cause I don't like to straighten my hair often anyway. I just uploaded a new video on the challenge. Trying to get practice you know!:lachen::lachen:

Last edited:
I think once people realize the important role Protein can play in their Hair Care Regimen, it will solve alot of problems. And it doesn't have to be an Animal or Keratin Protein. It can be a Wheat, Soy or Plant Protein. But a Protein is definitely so important. My Hair is so much Stronger. I am glad this Thread keeps finding it's way back to the top. Maybe more people will take advantage of the knowledge on here and catch on.
I totally agree. I'm feeling you with the strong hair. I was misinformed I thought my hair should be soft. Gymfreak has a lot of knowledge on this subject. The website should be up and running. Let me know if its acting up.

My natural hair is cornrowed so I simply spray it daily with my ayurveda powder and oil mixture with infusium 23 and braid spray to keep it all moist and strengthened all at the same time. My hair can't take a whole lot of manipulation right now due to my lengthy stretch but I will be in to check up on you ladies everyday:grin:.

Dc'd with coconut milk, lime, and evoo. 4 hrs w/o heat and 1 hr w heat. Very happy--9.

Shay I bought me some organic coconut milk and honey today and I am so excited about it. I bought the honey to mix with my ACV nad blackstrap molasses refreshing drink for hairgraowth and weight loss but I know that I will be using that stuff on my hair as well:grin:. I need to get me some xanthan gum next to mix with my coconut milk as a thickening agent for my hair. I may have to think about the lime though because everywhere I read about lime - it was always for blondes to use in hteir home hair mixes to avoid their hair color changing to an ugly shade I think:perplexed. Now the EVOO, I'm down with that!

I purchased the Treasured Perfect Blends Conditioner and I will be using that. I also have Surge Protein Shampoo & Conditioner and Main N Tail Conditioner. As well as some topical Protein Aids. So, I will rotate those as needed.

So, I feel with those, I will be able to strengthen my hair in no time.

Thats funny cause you wouldn't know I straight from Michigan, but my heart in in the southern states cause its cold here. Everyone asks me where I'm from. LOL. My neice was watching the video and asked me whats up with my shirts. In my first video I had on a new york big apple shirt and this guy sent me a message saying "I love your big apples" I didn't know what he was talking about. I thought about it later. I always wear the "not listening" shirt and didn't realize I taped the video in it until after the fact. She say my shirts have attitudes. I had this shirt for a few years I don't have a clue where I got it. I don't know why the website was acting up but hopefully its fixed. Funny you say your texture is coming back with protein. I feel thats the reason why I cant get bone straight. I do the protein step before neutralizing. Its cool cause I don't like to straighten my hair often anyway. I just uploaded a new video on the challenge. Trying to get practice you know!:lachen::lachen:

You do better on camera than me. I love watching your vids. It's cute that your niece says your t-shirts "have attitude"--I love it! Your "I love Carbs" t-shirt almost made me go get myself some mashed potatoes and rolls:lick:. I get lots of weird messages, too on YouTube; guess it come with the territory.:rolleyes:
I really want to join the challenge, but the site is still not working for me. The message I get when I go there is:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/cooks5/public_html/worldofhaircare/index.php on line 89:wallbash:

I think that means that the php code has something extra in it on line 89 that the server is not reading correctly. I don't know much about php, so I'm not sure:perplexed Do you know anyone around you that knows about php code?

I used New Era 2000 hot oil treatment again as it was still on sale at Sally's Beauty Supply. I was in the for some styling gel and picked up three more tubes. This time I used after my shampoo and before my conditioner. I think I might use all the tubes before purchasing my deep conditioner again. :drunk:

You do better on camera than me. I love watching your vids. It's cute that your niece says your t-shirts "have attitude"--I love it! Your "I love Carbs" t-shirt almost made me go get myself some mashed potatoes and rolls:lick:. I get lots of weird messages, too on YouTube; guess it come with the territory.:rolleyes:
I really want to join the challenge, but the site is still not working for me. The message I get when I go there is:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/cooks5/public_html/worldofhaircare/index.php on line 89:wallbash:

I think that means that the php code has something extra in it on line 89 that the server is not reading correctly. I don't know much about php, so I'm not sure:perplexed Do you know anyone around you that knows about php code?
You on youtube? let me know. I know I have a lot of funny tshirts. I got on the TRIX are for kids shirt today. lol I'm going to check the php or ask for some help. I'm tired of this happening everyday. I just fixed it I thought. Thanks OK you holding out on us. I got to see your youtube

I used New Era 2000 hot oil treatment again as it was still on sale at Sally's Beauty Supply. I was in the for some styling gel and picked up three more tubes. This time I used after my shampoo and before my conditioner. I think I might use all the tubes before purchasing my deep conditioner again. :drunk:
How did it work out for you ?

DCing again today with the QP Elasta Breakage Control Serum. Its wheat protein based. I'm under the dryer right now for 25 min with a plastic cap on. One of the things I love about this serum is that it creates the nicest defined curls when you put it on. Too bad I can't leave it on...:look:

Checking in:

I co-washed last night with Nexxus Keraphix for a few mins followed by Back to Basics Honey Hydrating Conditioner. I applied my leave ins, sealed, and wet bunned. My hair felt great as always. My hair really likes the co-washing. I tried it before using Suave, V05, and White Rain and wanted to make it work but my hair would always feel dry and would shed a lot for some reason. I'm glad I found these conditioners because they are working great with my hair. I don't shed a lot and I don't have any breakage.

The Back to Basics Honey Hydrating has hydrolyzed wheat protein and hydrolyzed soy protein and the Salon Care Honey Almond has hydrlyzed keratin in it. I figured that I would try them out as DC and the results were great. DC'ing with these make my hair silky, soft,and moist without being spongy. I think I have my staple conditioners for a while until I see that they no longer work.

DCing again today with the QP Elasta Breakage Control Serum. Its wheat protein based. I'm under the dryer right now for 25 min with a plastic cap on. One of the things I love about this serum is that it creates the nicest defined curls when you put it on. Too bad I can't leave it on...:look:

I so want to try this. Do you mind me asking where you purchased it from? I went to Sally's yesterday and didn't see it. I checked Walmart and Target and neither had it.

Deep conditioned last night for 2 hrs. with Lanza ultimate treatment dc and strength/moisture power boosters.

You on youtube? let me know. I know I have a lot of funny tshirts. I got on the TRIX are for kids shirt today. lol I'm going to check the php or ask for some help. I'm tired of this happening everyday. I just fixed it I thought. Thanks OK you holding out on us. I got to see your youtube

LOL I wasn't holding out, I was working on my school projects this weekend--I'll be so glad when classes end.

Okay, the site is up now, yay!! It's in my favorites folder now. I'm glad the problem was fixed. I just joined with the username ebonyreign.:drunk:

I've got two channels on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ebonyreign

http://www.youtube.com/user/ereign472

The ebonyreign one is mostly about hair stuff and the ereign472 one is about my weight loss. LOL You'll see how terrible I am on camera.
Okay I'm off to surf the site and look at your latest video.

Dc'd with JASON Biotin, mixed with ayurvedic herbs and wheat protein. 1 hr with heat and 1 hr without. When I rinsed this out my hair felt like silk--10! My first one!

Dc'd with JASON Biotin, mixed with ayurvedic herbs and wheat protein. 1 hr with heat and 1 hr without. When I rinsed this out my hair felt like silk--10! My first one!

I am so happy for you sweetie....that feeling is awesome, isn't it!?!?

dcw with lanza healing moisture and healing strength co and my hair feels great. It is air drying now but it's definitely a 10. Sadly, I am running low and the bottles are almost empty so I am looking to replace them with less expensive/local conditioners....the search begins.

LOL I wasn't holding out, I was working on my school projects this weekend--I'll be so glad when classes end.

Okay, the site is up now, yay!! It's in my favorites folder now. I'm glad the problem was fixed. I just joined with the username ebonyreign.:drunk:

I've got two channels on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ebonyreign

http://www.youtube.com/user/ereign472

The ebonyreign one is mostly about hair stuff and the ereign472 one is about my weight loss. LOL You'll see how terrible I am on camera.
Okay I'm off to surf the site and look at your latest video.
OHHHH thats you. you so cute!

I'm loving your avi. Love to hear good reviews on protein products. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back