PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
since i've been 100% natural for 2 weeks on this thursday i have not used any protein. i stayed away from it not knowing what to use and have just been using all moisturizing products. so this morning i decided to pre poo on damp hair with ORS mayo for 30 minutes. i didnt use a shower cap, just let it sit in the open and when i rinsed it out and then co washed with HE totally twisted my hair felt like a million bucks.
on relaxed hair the mayo was ok. nothing to write home about but it is df. a staple now.

Today I conditioned my cornrowed hair with CON Reconstructor conditioner mixed with some Mega Tek Rebuilder for 5 minutes floowed up with a deep conditioning of Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner and left it in as a leave in.

since i've been 100% natural for 2 weeks on this thursday i have not used any protein. i stayed away from it not knowing what to use and have just been using all moisturizing products. so this morning i decided to pre poo on damp hair with ORS mayo for 30 minutes. i didnt use a shower cap, just let it sit in the open and when i rinsed it out and then co washed with HE totally twisted my hair felt like a million bucks.
on relaxed hair the mayo was ok. nothing to write home about but it is df. a staple now.
Congrats on finding a staple

Today I conditioned my cornrowed hair with CON Reconstructor conditioner mixed with some Mega Tek Rebuilder for 5 minutes floowed up with a deep conditioning of Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner and left it in as a leave in.
Hey you are beautiful in that pic

This morning I did a protein treatment with eggs. I mixed one egg with a cheap moisturising conditioner and some olive oil. I need two eggs next time and more conditioner I think. Applied the mixture to my NG and to my permed hair, covered with a plastic cap for 20 mins and rinsed. I let air dry. My hair feels so strong, it is unbelievable and the thickness is amazing. Protein treatments are here to stay!!

Hey you are beautiful in that pic

She is beautiful, I agree:yep:

This morning I did a protein treatment with eggs. I mixed one egg with a cheap moisturising conditioner and some olive oil. I need two eggs next time and more conditioner I think. Applied the mixture to my NG and to my permed hair, covered with a plastic cap for 20 mins and rinsed. I let air dry. My hair feels so strong, it is unbelievable and the thickness is amazing. Protein treatments are here to stay!!

Glad to know someone else is doing egg treatments and finding success with it:drunk: I've been doing egg and amla shampoos a couple of times a week since my touch-up, and my hair is starting to feel and look like it has more body.

I just picked up some Naked Naturals shampoo and condish today (sulfate free). I bought the Citrus and Keratin Fortifying set--I'll be the guinea pig (unless someone else has experience with it). Plan on using it tomorrow. Will come back with initial results. Smells great, not too strong, but I can smell the citrus in it:lick:

http://www.nakednaturals.com/products.php

Info on Keravis: http://www.crodausa.com/datasheets/FeatureArchive/PCFeatureKeravis.htm

Last edited:
Just checkin' in friends....washed with Diametress - followed up with Tigi Dumb Blonde Reconstructor - used my hydra-cap with it (shrink wrapped the condish into my hair) left it on for about an hour - followed up with Kenra Color Maintenance for about 30-45 minutes rinsed and then used Sebastian Potion 9 Lite for rollerset ....feeling 12-ish... :)

Today I did my weekly henna (full of moisturizing conditioner), sat under my steamer for 1 hour and rinsed with cheapie conditioners. I then did something different. I used my Roux porosity control and then applied my Joico K-pak reconstructor. (I usually apply the porosity control as the last step in my routine). I then applied the Joico Moisture Recovery Balm for Coarse/Dry hair. My hair came out fantastic! Results in my siggy.(The March 25th picture is about 6 weeks post relaxer. I am now 1 week post relaxer. Joico is starting to make my hair so thick!)

Joico for life!

Last edited:
I've been using the aphogee 2 minute reconstructor consistently every week for about 20 minutes or so, and my hair is so soft and silky. It has sooo much bounce. My hair swings even when it is airdried. For me, this type of protein is what my hair needed to stop splitting and to have swaaaang! I'm floored! My rollersets are so silky and bouncy. :yep:

Unbelievable! So happy for you

She is beautiful, I agree:yep:

Glad to know someone else is doing egg treatments and finding success with it:drunk: I've been doing egg and amla shampoos a couple of times a week since my touch-up, and my hair is starting to feel and look like it has more body.

I just picked up some Naked Naturals shampoo and condish today (sulfate free). I bought the Citrus and Keratin Fortifying set--I'll be the guinea pig (unless someone else has experience with it). Plan on using it tomorrow. Will come back with initial results. Smells great, not too strong, but I can smell the citrus in it:lick:

http://www.nakednaturals.com/products.php

Info on Keravis: http://www.crodausa.com/datasheets/FeatureArchive/PCFeatureKeravis.htm
I'll be waiting!

Just checkin' in friends....washed with Diametress - followed up with Tigi Dumb Blonde Reconstructor - used my hydra-cap with it (shrink wrapped the condish into my hair) left it on for about an hour - followed up with Kenra Color Maintenance for about 30-45 minutes rinsed and then used Sebastian Potion 9 Lite for rollerset ....feeling 12-ish... :)
wow! a big 12. Its really working for you

Today I did my weekly henna (full of moisturizing conditioner), sat under my steamer for 1 hour and rinsed with cheapie conditioners. I then did something different. I used my Roux porosity control and then applied my Joico K-pak reconstructor. (I usually apply the porosity control as the last step in my routine). I then applied the Joico Moisture Recovery Balm for Coarse/Dry hair. My hair came out fantastic! Results in my siggy.(The March 25th picture is about 6 weeks post relaxer. I am now 1 week post relaxer. Joico is starting to make my hair so thick!)

Joico for life!
Yeah you using good products! keep up the good routine

I've been using the aphogee 2 minute reconstructor consistently every week for about 20 minutes or so, and my hair is so soft and silky. It has sooo much bounce. My hair swings even when it is airdried. For me, this type of protein is what my hair needed to stop splitting and to have swaaaang! I'm floored! My rollersets are so silky and bouncy. :yep:
I'm so glad you seeing progress with the 2 min. I want to see that swang! you got pics?

Hey yawl feeling kind of 10ish. I've been embracing my protein, moisture mix lately. Got out the shower. put NTM and olive oil in hair and let it air dry. Smooth like BUTTAR.

Attachments

• P4180445.jpg
    P4180445.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 8
  • P4180447.jpg
    P4180447.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 11
  • P4180453.jpg
    P4180453.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 9
Patricia--Aggie is right! Your hair is beautiful.

I cowashed with Hairveda's Moist PRO mixed with fenugreek this morning. Next time will make a tea out of the fenugreek and add it because it was a mess. Luckily it was hard but not trying to get it out of my 16 weeks post hair.

On Wednesday, I clarified w/ the V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Poo. Then I did a 10-minute hot oil treatment with my Ayurvedic Herbal Infusion Oil from La Vida Given By Nature. Then I used the Aubrey's GPB & followed up w/ KBB deep conditioner. Then I applied my CD Black Vanilla Leave-In & Jane Carter Solution Hair Nourishing Cream, and I twisted my hair. I took it down yesterday for my high school reunion (I attached a pic).

I like the Aubrey's GPB. The next time, I'm going to use it with heat to get the extra benefits from it. I can see & feel a difference from the consistent protein usage. The breakage that I had this wash day was the least amount of breakage I've ever seen. I will say that my hair is about an eight right now.

Attachments

• Darling Diva at High School Reunion.jpg
    Darling Diva at High School Reunion.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 12
My verdict on the Naked Naturals Citrus and Keratin shampoo and condish:

Shampoo: Lathered much more than I expected. In spite of not having sulfates, left my hair feeling dry. May work better if hair is well oiled or oily. I give this product a thumbs down.

Condish: Totally opposite of the shampoo. Very thick and creamy, I left it on for 3 minutes, then rinsed. Gave my hair amazing slip. Smells good, too:lick:. Definitely thumbs up.

My hair did feel strong with this product. Strange thing is, my hair dried completely straight, it didn't wave up at the ends like it usually does:perplexed. Hair was so soft I almost forgot to put moisturizer on. Hair is hanging well and is very soft and tangle free. No breakage so far.

I give the shampoo a 2 and the condish a 10:yep:

*I will repost this in the LHCF blog.

Hey yawl feeling kind of 10ish. I've been embracing my protein, moisture mix lately. Got out the shower. put NTM and olive oil in hair and let it air dry. Smooth like BUTTAR.

You have some gorgeous waves there lady!!! Hair just glossin' all over tha' place!!!

This time I pre-pooed (however you spell that, I hate that word) with ORS Mayo and Dabur Amla Oil mixed, then started to cowash with Aussie Moist and didn't like how my hair was feeling so I shampooed with Cream of Nature, then DC'd with GVP Joico (trying to preserve the real thing) with heat for about an hour, applied Roux Porosity Control Conditioner for about ten minutes, then DC'd with Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm for about 30 minutes with heat. I applied HE LTR leave-in, castor oil, and Pantene R&N Setting Lotion and did a rollerset, and my hair is soooooo soft! (I'm giving some credit to the setting lotion too, which I haven't been using for a while but picked back up). My hair finally feels like a 10!! :grin:

On Wednesday, I clarified w/ the V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Poo. Then I did a 10-minute hot oil treatment with my Ayurvedic Herbal Infusion Oil from La Vida Given By Nature. Then I used the Aubrey's GPB & followed up w/ KBB deep conditioner. Then I applied my CD Black Vanilla Leave-In & Jane Carter Solution Hair Nourishing Cream, and I twisted my hair. I took it down yesterday for my high school reunion (I attached a pic).

I like the Aubrey's GPB. The next time, I'm going to use it with heat to get the extra benefits from it. I can see & feel a difference from the consistent protein usage. The breakage that I had this wash day was the least amount of breakage I've ever seen. I will say that my hair is about an eight right now.
What a cute pic. You look happy. Progessing very good! almost a perfect 10

My verdict on the Naked Naturals Citrus and Keratin shampoo and condish:

Shampoo: Lathered much more than I expected. In spite of not having sulfates, left my hair feeling dry. May work better if hair is well oiled or oily. I give this product a thumbs down.

Condish: Totally opposite of the shampoo. Very thick and creamy, I left it on for 3 minutes, then rinsed. Gave my hair amazing slip. Smells good, too:lick:. Definitely thumbs up.

My hair did feel strong with this product. Strange thing is, my hair dried completely straight, it didn't wave up at the ends like it usually does:perplexed. Hair was so soft I almost forgot to put moisturizer on. Hair is hanging well and is very soft and tangle free. No breakage so far.

I give the shampoo a 2 and the condish a 10:yep:

*I will repost this in the LHCF blog.
Cool love to hear reviews! Thanks keeping fingers crossed for you and breakage

This time I pre-pooed (however you spell that, I hate that word) with ORS Mayo and Dabur Amla Oil mixed, then started to cowash with Aussie Moist and didn't like how my hair was feeling so I shampooed with Cream of Nature, then DC'd with GVP Joico (trying to preserve the real thing) with heat for about an hour, applied Roux Porosity Control Conditioner for about ten minutes, then DC'd with Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm for about 30 minutes with heat. I applied HE LTR leave-in, castor oil, and Pantene R&N Setting Lotion and did a rollerset, and my hair is soooooo soft! (I'm giving some credit to the setting lotion too, which I haven't been using for a while but picked back up). My hair finally feels like a 10!! :grin:
You know I'm jumping up and down for you! It takes time and go through hit and misses. Glad you having a good hair experience

let me tell yall. protein is a wonderful thing. i called myself dying my hair on sunday and it completly changed my texture(i have a twa) my curls were frizzy and in the back the curls were gone. there was nothing left except a frizz ball. so i pre pood for an hour with ors mayo and then shampoo'd with carols daughter tui shampoo and then did a 2 minute aphogee and my curls are back to normal(except a small section in the back left side). im so happy and i learned my lesson. and my hair is still crazy soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back