PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope its not too late to join?

WHAT TYPE OF PROTEIN YOU USE?

Aphogee 2 step, aphogee 2 min reconstructor(DC)
Aphogee Green Tea(leave in)

HOW YOUR HAIR FEEL ON A SCALE FROM 1-10?

after the 2 step a solid 10 its swingin and shiny

WHAT CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO ACHIEVE A 10?

Maintain protein balance. Moisture is not enough
Hello digitalmuse. You can join. I'll add you Welcome. Glad to hear the 2 step worked out for you. What other product will you be using? Check back on poo days and rate your hair. Glad you joining! We in this hair thing together. Looking forward to seeing more good hair days from you.

i did alot of protein last night and am loving the results today. i pre poo'd with aubrey organics blue green algea mask, then i clarified with kenra, then shampoo'd with aphogee shampoo for damaged hair, then did a treatment with joico deep penetraiting reconstructor and then a 20 minute deep condition with heat with joico intnse hydrator.

Hello digitalmuse. You can join. I'll add you Welcome. Glad to hear the 2 step worked out for you. What other product will you be using? Check back on poo days and rate your hair. Glad you joining! We in this hair thing together. Looking forward to seeing more good hair days from you.

Thats a MAIN reason for joining this thread. I am trying to find other protein conditioners - outside of mizani and Aphogee

Still going strong with my protein. I did a Aphogee Intensive Keratin treatment yesterday followed by a Silk Elements DC. Then I applied Megatek full strength on my hair and scalp and placed in a bun.

My hair just eats protein up!!!!!!!

Deep conditioned overnight with lanza healing moisture and designer touch equilibrium moisture balance conditioner. My hair looks and feels a 10! I am so loving my hair right now. If only I could make up my mind as to whether or not I want to continue relaxing or transition back to natural with braids(my hairline is somewhat fragile and braids scare the heck out of me).

I feel ya morehair. I bought some garnier strength and repair con on sale for 99cents and I had to try it. I'm already hooked on the Length and strength line. Anyway I put the con on dry hair and jumped in the shower to rinse it out. I'm so in love with my hair right now. I'm glad I bought 5 shampoo and 5 conditioners. 10 bucks for some good products. go figure! Only thing I'm not having that transitioning itch. I was natural for 15 years before the boards. After finding the boards I relaxed. I'm still loving my relaxed hair. Whatever you decide It will be the best decision for you! Keep loving your hair

i think i wanna join up!
i had fallen off the protein wagon
which i had been doing regularly at one point

dont know quite why i fell off
but i want to re-introduce it again

i'm most familiar with aphogee 2-step
but i do want to start using a protein product
that i can use more often
i want to try aubrey organics GPB

i think i wanna join up!
i had fallen off the protein wagon
which i had been doing regularly at one point

dont know quite why i fell off
but i want to re-introduce it again

i'm most familiar with aphogee 2-step
but i do want to start using a protein product
that i can use more often
i want to try aubrey organics GPB
Sure, Glad to have you join. I'm adding you. Welcome and feel free to ask the ladies about the products they been using with success. This challenge has truely been heaven sent for me. Not saying that because I started it, but I can truely say my hair has been responding very well using protein consistently weekly. Lots of product I wouldn't have tried (Nexxus emergencee) so soon, but so many ladies been using it and it has really turned my hair around. I know its a combo of good quality products thats responsible. I'm telling you I wouldn't dare try to detangle in the shower but now I can. My hair is strong now and I have a lot of ladies here to thank. Feel free to join in and give us reviews on the products you use. You talking about good support. I have learned so much you wouldn't believe. I learned from GYMFREAK that relaxed hair should be super soft anyway. Once I realized that Everything else fell in place!

Hi I'm planning on shampooing today ( or maybe tommorrow if I can't be bothered!) was wondering if mega tek can be used as a protein treatment to DC with?

It has been a LONG time since I checked into this thread. I am still doing a weekly protein treatment but I switched from Joico kpak to Aveda Damage Remedy Treatment. I found that the Kpak reconstructor was making my hair too hard and crunchy and I struggled to keep the moisture balance up with it. With the Adeva it has the perfect balance on it's own so I just use a regular rinse out conditioner after the treatment and my hair is very soft AND feels strong even after air drying. I don't have to try at all with DR. I saw an improvement in my hair after the first use so much so that it made me abandone my beloved Joico.

Does anyone else Damage Remedy protein treatment?

I wanna join! I'm about to be a hardcore Joico user! I also really like Aphogee's Green Tea & Keratin Restructurizer. I was put off by protein for a while because I was using the wrong products. Now I realize my hair won't survive without it! :grin:

Ok so I said I would up my protein but have not done for a while, so at this moment I had washed my hair, done the aphogee 2 min recon, I am currently deep conditioning my hair, then will finish with roux porosity treatment. Will let you know how my hair is after.

Hey Patricia and Protein Chain-Gang! As soon as I release my hair from these braids I will be back in this thread, doing what I do.

Ok, so i decided to incorporate protein into my regime from now on after talking to Patrica. I shampooed with motions lavish cond shampoo then applied some mega tek on my hair for about 5 mins ( im assuming mega tek is clssed as a protein cond?). My hair felt stronger washing it out by boy it was tangled together and i experienced alot of hair in the tub!! I followed with ors replen pak and my hair as nice and soft and detangled easily. Still alot of hair left my head though! Ive tried not to comb my hair much during the week so it may have been mostly shedding but there was definately breakage there. Am i expecting too much too soon? whats strange is my hair breaks more easily when its wet and being combed than when its dry.

Anyway right now my hair feels fab minus the breakage. Ive also ordered some korres rice protein serum and almond protein leave in conditioner so will try that out when it arrives.

It has been a LONG time since I checked into this thread. I am still doing a weekly protein treatment but I switched from Joico kpak to Aveda Damage Remedy Treatment. I found that the Kpak reconstructor was making my hair too hard and crunchy and I struggled to keep the moisture balance up with it. With the Adeva it has the perfect balance on it's own so I just use a regular rinse out conditioner after the treatment and my hair is very soft AND feels strong even after air drying. I don't have to try at all with DR. I saw an improvement in my hair after the first use so much so that it made me abandone my beloved Joico.

Does anyone else Damage Remedy protein treatment?
Good to hear you on the same routine. I've been alternating my protein treatments. I've been using emergencee, joico kpac, garnier strength and repair depending on how much protein my hair needs. Never used the damage remedy. Sounds like a good product

I wanna join! I'm about to be a hardcore Joico user! I also really like Aphogee's Green Tea & Keratin Restructurizer. I was put off by protein for a while because I was using the wrong products. Now I realize my hair won't survive without it! :grin:
Oh yes I'll add you. Welcome to the challenge. I also like the aphogee green tea and leave in . Its all about finding the right protein product that your hair likes. My hair seems to like nexuss emergencee, joico kpac, aphogee leave in and green tea, garnier strength and repair. If I need more protein I'll reach for the emergencee, if I just need a little the garnier will do it. Its all about finding the right product to use to ensure the least amount of shedding and breakage during the detangling process. Glad you joined. We all have the same goals. Longer, Stronger hair:yep:

Ok so I said I would up my protein but have not done for a while, so at this moment I had washed my hair, done the aphogee 2 min recon, I am currently deep conditioning my hair, then will finish with roux porosity treatment. Will let you know how my hair is after.
SOUND LIKE A GOOD PLAN TO ME.

Ok, so i decided to incorporate protein into my regime from now on after talking to Patrica. I shampooed with motions lavish cond shampoo then applied some mega tek on my hair for about 5 mins ( im assuming mega tek is clssed as a protein cond?). My hair felt stronger washing it out by boy it was tangled together and i experienced alot of hair in the tub!! I followed with ors replen pak and my hair as nice and soft and detangled easily. Still alot of hair left my head though! Ive tried not to comb my hair much during the week so it may have been mostly shedding but there was definately breakage there. Am i expecting too much too soon? whats strange is my hair breaks more easily when its wet and being combed than when its dry.

Anyway right now my hair feels fab minus the breakage. Ive also ordered some korres rice protein serum and almond protein leave in conditioner so will try that out when it arrives.
OK I WENT THROUGH THE SAME THING. HAIR VERY WEAK WHEN WET. I'M TALKING ABOUT CLUMPS COMING OUT IN THE SHOWER. MY HAIR IS 100 TIMES STRONGER AND I DEF KNOW IT IS THE CONSISTENCY OF USING PROTEIN. I'M NOT SURE HOW THE MEGATEK RANKS ON THE PROTEIN LIST. I DO KNOW THAT NEXUSS EMERGENCEE IS WELL WORTH THE PRICE. I GOT 7 TREATMENTS OUT OF A SMALL BOTTLE. EVERYTIME I USE IT MY HAIR THANKS ME. I USED IT FOR 2 MONTHS WEEKLY AND NOW I CAN DETANGLE MY HAIR IN THE SHOWER. I WILL BE USING IT EVERY OTHER WEEK CAUSE MY HAIR IT SO STRONG AND I CAN USE MY OTHER FAVORITE PRODUCTS INBETWEEN. DON'T GIVE UP. I RECOMMEND YOU TRY NEXXUS EMERGENCEE AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT JUST RETURN IT TO THE STORE FOR YOUR MONEY. ITS A WIN, WIN SITUATION.

Deep conditioning now with Lanza for 5 hours without heat. Will come back later with my rating.

ETA my rating

My hair looks and feels like a 10! While I was rinsing the conditioner out in the shower my hair felt like silk in my hands.

Last edited:
I finally asked the Sally store near me to order the lager bottle of RMHRT and she said she did and it should be here next week. I really want to try Nexxus Emergencee, but something keeps telling me "if it aint broke dont fix it". Im happy with Roux, but Nexxus sounds nice.

As far as an update: I've started back with my daily co-washing and im alternating Vo5 conditioners. Last summer I loved Moisture milks Strawberries & Cream, but when i used it this time it made my hair REALLY stretchy (not cool). So the next day I went back and got Tea Therapy Revitalizng Blackberry and Sage and I loved it. For protien im using the Herbal escapes Strengthening Conditioner Pomegranate and Grapeseed (I hate the smell of this one but it does strengthen). I will still Dc and protien treat once a week, with occasional rollersets.

I finally asked the Sally store near me to order the lager bottle of RMHRT and she said she did and it should be here next week. I really want to try Nexxus Emergencee, but something keeps telling me "if it aint broke dont fix it". Im happy with Roux, but Nexxus sounds nice.

As far as an update: I've started back with my daily co-washing and im alternating Vo5 conditioners. Last summer I loved Moisture milks Strawberries & Cream, but when i used it this time it made my hair REALLY stretchy (not cool). So the next day I went back and got Tea Therapy Revitalizng Blackberry and Sage and I loved it. For protien im using the Herbal escapes Strengthening Conditioner Pomegranate and Grapeseed (I hate the smell of this one but it does strengthen). I will still Dc and protien treat once a week, with occasional rollersets.

Hi there,
Do you mind me asking what does RMHRT stand for?

thanks in advance

ETA:

I answered my own question. It's the roux product listed in your siggy.

Last edited:
last night i shampoos with aphogee shampoo for damaged hair and then did my regular joico deep treatment. my hair feels silky.

Wow thats cool daily cowashing. I can't wait till the summer so I can do something different! Keep us updated for sure. Are you in a warm climate? I bet that encourages hair growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back