PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a sewin--but the top/front is left out...so I am working to keep it strong (already did a protein treatment 4 days ago--but for got to check in) This will be my routine about every 3-4 days:

TODAY:
CW w/ VO5 S&C
Ap 2 min for 10 min
DC for 15 min

My hair came out a 10.

Used MillCreek Biotin shampoo, used Goldwell Definition as a cuticle sealing step. Then used MillCreek Biotin conditioner which has both Keratin and Collagen proteins. I skipped my moisture step because I used TJ NS as my cream rinse. My hair was shinny and beautiful! Smooth, I barely needed a comb. That's saying something for a 4 a/b cotton head. :up:

This natural head loves protein!
Very impressed on your hair and choice of products. Girl you working that dress in both pics!

I have a sewin--but the top/front is left out...so I am working to keep it strong (already did a protein treatment 4 days ago--but for got to check in) This will be my routine about every 3-4 days:

TODAY:
CW w/ VO5 S&C
Ap 2 min for 10 min
DC for 15 min
Good for you, keep us posted. Thanks

Hi Friends - just checkin' in...Did an overnight prepoo of combo Ellin Lavar reconstructuring masque and MT - trying to use up the EL (combo came out surprisingly nice) rinsed/shampooed and followed up with Keraphix.....feels great!!!

Can somebody say a 10!:creaturesThis is really working out. My first 10. YES and thank you all for all the good hair products and tips. Today I shampoo with my favorite garnier length and strength, rinsed, put porosity control on for 1 min, rinsed, used joico kpak knock off, rinsed and detangled in shower. Air dried. Had to include pic of air dried hair. This is from continued usage of good products. joico kpak, emergencee, duotex...

Trish your hair is sooo pretty!!!!

Patricia your hair is beautiful!

I used Hairveda's Methi Sativa Recovery system and it is a big hit! My hair is soft, silky, and strong. A "10".

Patricia your hair is beautiful!

I used Hairveda's Methi Sativa Recovery system and it is a big hit! My hair is soft, silky, and strong. A "10".
Thank you , thats so nice of you . Glad to hear another good product from hairveda! I know you feel good about that. Who wouldn't want long and strong hair:yep::yep::yep:

Checking in ladies

Deep conditioning now with Lanza healing strength and DT equilibrium moisture balance conditioner for 2 hours without heat..... will report back with my rating.

ETA: My hair looks and feels a 10! This combo is definitely a keeper.

Last edited:
Can somebody say a 10!:creaturesThis is really working out. My first 10. YES and thank you all for all the good hair products and tips. Today I shampoo with my favorite garnier length and strength, rinsed, put porosity control on for 1 min, rinsed, used joico kpak knock off, rinsed and detangled in shower. Air dried. Had to include pic of air dried hair. This is from continued usage of good products. joico kpak, emergencee, duotex...

Congrats sweetie, beautiful hair by the way.

i have still been using protein faitfully and my ahir loves it. i use the joico k pak reconstructor once a week and my hair is thriving with it. i also have a tube of dumb blonde so i will be using that in rotation with the joico.

i used the joico this weekend and my hair feels like a 10.

Checking in ladies

Deep conditioning now with Lanza healing strength and DT equilibrium moisture balance conditioner for 2 hours without heat..... will report back with my rating.

ETA: My hair looks and feels a 10! This combo is definitely a keeper.
Good for you!

i have still been using protein faitfully and my ahir loves it. i use the joico k pak reconstructor once a week and my hair is thriving with it. i also have a tube of dumb blonde so i will be using that in rotation with the joico.

i used the joico this weekend and my hair feels like a 10.
:congrats:Using good products get good results. Dumb blond is next on my to get list. Thanks

Last night - did my previous combo of MT/Ellin LaVar Reconstructing Mask on dry hair - left on overnight - poo'ed this morning and followed up with Humectress..

Last night - did my previous combo of MT/Ellin LaVar Reconstructing Mask on dry hair - left on overnight - poo'ed this morning and followed up with Humectress..
Scared to leave conditioner on overnight. I'm tempted to try it now. How did it come out

Checking in...still going strong....did my weekly Aphogee 2 min treatments and still using MT....MT has really made my daughter's hair stronger as well!!!

Checking in...still going strong....did my weekly Aphogee 2 min treatments and still using MT....MT has really made my daughter's hair stronger as well!!!
I'm still trying to figure out what is your blog address? Glad to hear it working out. I did my hair sunday and been using this DOO GROW anti itch on my scalp and my hair is really responding well. My scalp was a dry mess before I used it.:yep:

Deep conditioned earlier today with Lanza healing moisture and Designer Touch equilibrium moisture balancing conditioner for 1.5 hrs. without heat. My hair feels and looks a 10! I am so happy to have found a useful way to use the DT conditioner b/c I was getting ready to trash it and told myself to try it as a deep conditioner/protein add in and it worked!

Deep conditioned earlier today with Lanza healing moisture and Designer Touch equilibrium moisture balancing conditioner for 1.5 hrs. without heat. My hair feels and looks a 10! I am so happy to have found a useful way to use the DT conditioner b/c I was getting ready to trash it and told myself to try it as a deep conditioner/protein add in and it worked!
I know thats knocking out 2 birds with one stone. I love mixing protein and moisturizing conditioners together. congrats on a good hair day!

Hey yawl I'm in the process of moving and I got to unplug my computer:pullhair:. Its only going to be a couple days but I'm missing the forum already! Keep your fingers crossed they said I will be up and running tue or wed. I guess I'll unpack and get situated in the mean time. Hey I can go over my neice house and use her internet:yep::yep:

Forgot to report I dc'd with a greek yogurt, wheat protein, and Cocasta & Shikakai Oil mix on Thurs. 10! I really think it is a cumulative effort of upping my protein. I am starting to find staples and I am happy about that. I still need to try my Komazacare Hair Strengthener. I hope to do that on next thursday. I still also want to try cowashing with my Hairveda Moist PRO (balancing condish) and the 2nd step of my HV Methi Sativa Recovery System. I also jumped on the ayurveda bandwagon and will be adding that to my reggie.

On Sunday I prepped my hair for braids. I washed with Dr Bronner's shikakai soap, folowed up with Joico K-Pak and DC'd with Silk Elements megasilk w/ gvp biolage matrix balm and molasses.

My hair was fabulous. Even though there was nothing in my hair but vatika and castor oil after, my hair was shiny with a substantial feel. When I first started with LHCF, my hair was very soft. Some of it was as fine as baby hair and it was nearly impossible to braid it. My very first forray into hair care was an aphogee 2 step protein treatment. My hair has steadily improved ever since. I'm new to both DC's and protein treatments but the combination has done wonders for the health and thickness of my hair. Thanks guys! Protein is definitely my friend. :yep:

Oh, and btw, my hair is such a 10 right now! :)

I did a Henna treatment today. My hands are orange! I left a post about it long story....... I'm not finished I'm still sitting. LOL!

I did another treatment on Thursday with Motions CPR. I'll be using this for the next few weeks to ensure no more breakage, just as a maintenance measure. My hair looks and feels a lot stronger. I haven't followed up any of the two protein treatments with DCs(I usually do) but I give my hair eough moisture during the week and I wanted the full effects of the protein. So far my hair feels a lot better. I should have known that I needed more protein before my hair started to beg for it:rolleyes:. I'd say my hair feels like an 8 or 9. When I get this shedding to stop, it'll be a 10.

Last edited:
I did a Henna treatment today. My hands are orange! I left a post about it long story....... I'm not finished I'm still sitting. LOL!

UPDATE: This has to be THE BEST hair day I have had sense being a natural. I did my Henna, set the bowl in hot water to make the dye release really fast. I then added Olive Oil and Pantene Relaxed & Natural Conditioner to the mix and applied with my hands. Made them orange :( I washed my hair before doing this. Put on a plastic cap and let sit for 2 hours, then rinsed, shampood with Pantene Relaxed and Natural. Put the Relaxed & Natural Conditioner back in and sat for another 15 and then rinsed. My hair felt amazing and so soft. I then applied my Aphogee Pro-Vitamin leave in and Green Tea spray, and a GENEROUS amount of Chi Silk Infusion for once while still wet, blow dried and straightened. I wanted to take pictures but my roomates camera was dead :( Hopefully I can do this again, but although my hair is not at the length I want it to be my hair feels like a 10. Maybe a 9 but pretty much 10. It's straight, it's glossy, shiny, soft, conditioned. I don't even know how to explain it. I can see the growth in my hair for once, it's just perfect. Too bad this hair probably won't last through spring break but at the moment I'm in love, and I'm glad I revisited the Pantene I once hated so much. I feel like they changed the formula? I'm in love. Goodnight :)

Congratulations, IndianAngel! :congrats: Henna is the bomb, isn't it?! Just make sure you use gloves next time? :look: :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back