PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
good morning girls! i have a question.

I plan on washing my hair today. I usually prepoo with a moisturizing conditioner mixed with oils. Today I am going to be using Motions CPR and I don't know whether that should be the last thing I apply to my hair? Or should I use it right after shampooing but before using my moisturizing conditioner? Do I still have to use a moisturizing conditioner if I am doing a protein treatment???

Can somebody say a 10!:creaturesThis is really working out. My first 10. YES and thank you all for all the good hair products and tips. Today I shampoo with my favorite garnier length and strength, rinsed, put porosity control on for 1 min, rinsed, used joico kpak knock off, rinsed and detangled in shower. Air dried. Had to include pic of air dried hair. This is from continued usage of good products. joico kpak, emergencee, duotex...

Just wanted to say that your hair is to die for. So pretty!! Congrats on getting a 10:drunk:

I plan on washing my hair today. I usually prepoo with a moisturizing conditioner mixed with oils. Today I am going to be using Motions CPR and I don't know whether that should be the last thing I apply to my hair? Or should I use it right after shampooing but before using my moisturizing conditioner? Do I still have to use a moisturizing conditioner if I am doing a protein treatment???

I love Motions CPR. I would just put lots of Olive Oil in it and my hair came out great. I didn't deep condition after my hair felt find with just those 2.

checking in.

I went to the salon today but before i went i washed and did emergencee...then did a roux moisture recovery pack mixed with aphogee 2 minute reconstructor...

Then DC with Alter Ego Garlic:lick: i got an awesome 12:lick:

Checking in ladies,

Deep conditioning now with Lanza healing strength and DT equilibrium moisture balance co without heat for 2(maybe 3) hrs. This time around I plan on detangling while in the shower and seeing if this helps with my knots. Also, I plan on rinsing with pc co and seeing if that helps my strands, as well. I will comb back later with my rating.

ETA: my hair looks and feels like a 10. I tried the detangling while in the shower and never, ever again.

Last edited:
i went to my stylist this past friday and she uses tons of grease and a hot comb. so i have been using mango butter because i know it contains protein. usually i would never use a daily moisturizer that has protein but my hair needs it right now until i can wash it. when i do wash it this week heres what im going to do:

pre poo with coconut milk mixed with olive oil, avocado oil and honey and leave it on for an hour. then shampoo with aphogee shampoo for damage hair. then do a five minute treatment with joico k pak deep penetrating reeconstructor. then deep condition with heat for 30 minutes with joico k pak intense hydrator mixed with olive oil and a dab of honey. then my leave ins will be rusk smoother, paul mitchell heat seal, paul mitchell moisture mist, silk elements foam wrap and ubh dew.

i cant wait because i know my hair needs some serious treatments. i will be babying my hair for a long time and will NEVER let anyone do my hair again. (except when i go get my hair dyed in a couple months lol)

Forgot to report I dc'd with a greek yogurt, wheat protein, and Cocasta & Shikakai Oil mix on Thurs. 10! I really think it is a cumulative effort of upping my protein. I am starting to find staples and I am happy about that. I still need to try my Komazacare Hair Strengthener. I hope to do that on next thursday. I still also want to try cowashing with my Hairveda Moist PRO (balancing condish) and the 2nd step of my HV Methi Sativa Recovery System. I also jumped on the ayurveda bandwagon and will be adding that to my reggie.
Congrats on a 10! I'm wanting to hear how the other products work out for you. Someone on the board recommended the komazacare, and the HV is very tempting but for now I'm trying to use up the products I already have.

On Sunday I prepped my hair for braids. I washed with Dr Bronner's shikakai soap, folowed up with Joico K-Pak and DC'd with Silk Elements megasilk w/ gvp biolage matrix balm and molasses.

My hair was fabulous. Even though there was nothing in my hair but vatika and castor oil after, my hair was shiny with a substantial feel. When I first started with LHCF, my hair was very soft. Some of it was as fine as baby hair and it was nearly impossible to braid it. My very first forray into hair care was an aphogee 2 step protein treatment. My hair has steadily improved ever since. I'm new to both DC's and protein treatments but the combination has done wonders for the health and thickness of my hair. Thanks guys! Protein is definitely my friend. :yep:

Oh, and btw, my hair is such a 10 right now! :)

I'm feeling you . I'm on the right track now too!

I did a Henna treatment today. My hands are orange! I left a post about it long story....... I'm not finished I'm still sitting. LOL!
Ok I need the link. You know I'm wanting to know how your hair doing and did you have to stop using the heating tools so much or are you OK?

I did another treatment on Thursday with Motions CPR. I'll be using this for the next few weeks to ensure no more breakage, just as a maintenance measure. My hair looks and feels a lot stronger. I haven't followed up any of the two protein treatments with DCs(I usually do) but I give my hair eough moisture during the week and I wanted the full effects of the protein. So far my hair feels a lot better. I should have known that I needed more protein before my hair started to beg for it:rolleyes:. I'd say my hair feels like an 8 or 9. When I get this shedding to stop, it'll be a 10.
Your hair looks like a 10 in your avitar

UPDATE: This has to be THE BEST hair day I have had sense being a natural. I did my Henna, set the bowl in hot water to make the dye release really fast. I then added Olive Oil and Pantene Relaxed & Natural Conditioner to the mix and applied with my hands. Made them orange :( I washed my hair before doing this. Put on a plastic cap and let sit for 2 hours, then rinsed, shampood with Pantene Relaxed and Natural. Put the Relaxed & Natural Conditioner back in and sat for another 15 and then rinsed. My hair felt amazing and so soft. I then applied my Aphogee Pro-Vitamin leave in and Green Tea spray, and a GENEROUS amount of Chi Silk Infusion for once while still wet, blow dried and straightened. I wanted to take pictures but my roomates camera was dead :( Hopefully I can do this again, but although my hair is not at the length I want it to be my hair feels like a 10. Maybe a 9 but pretty much 10. It's straight, it's glossy, shiny, soft, conditioned. I don't even know how to explain it. I can see the growth in my hair for once, it's just perfect. Too bad this hair probably won't last through spring break but at the moment I'm in love, and I'm glad I revisited the Pantene I once hated so much. I feel like they changed the formula? I'm in love. Goodnight :)
I havent used pantene in a while. I still have a big bottle of it I got from sams club. I notice the relaxed and natural has the same ingredients as the big white bottle. Glad you like it. I always liked pantene

hello prototype. I usually use my protein con first then follow up only when needed with moisture. I'm not sure how much your hair needs protein. I'm also not sure how motions CPR protein content stacks up to the other treatments. After you use your motions feel your hair if it feel dry then use another conditioner to help. If your hair feels strong and not dry don't worry about using a moisturizer. Its all about how your hair feels after your protein treatment.

checking in.

I went to the salon today but before i went i washed and did emergencee...then did a roux moisture recovery pack mixed with aphogee 2 minute reconstructor...

Then DC with Alter Ego Garlic:lick: i got an awesome 12:lick:
OFF THE CHARTS. CONGRATS. WOWSERS CAN YOU BELIEVE IT. THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW. VERY HAPPY RIGHT ABOUT NOW

Quick question, is Mane and Tail a good protein conditioner? What about their deep conditioner?
Mane and Tail is one of my staple products. I always use it with additional protein added to it. I think it is a mild protein. I think all their products have protein in it. I could be wrong.

Welcome back Patricia! DC'd on dry hair with Garnier Fructis sleek and shine 3 min masque for 45 min. Co-washed with shikai conditioner. Applied Aphogee 2 min and Joico Reconstructor. Rinsed and did ACV rinse. Applied Hair One Olive Oil cleanser as leave in. Towel dried and sectioned hair in four. Each section got Aphogee Green Tea and Keatin spray, ORS Olive Oil lotion, and avocado oil. Put each section in ponytails until damp. Each section got straightened with hot air brush.

Hair looks like satin and feels like silk. Hit on another 10:yep:

Checking in ladies,

Deep conditioning now with Lanza healing strength and DT equilibrium moisture balance co without heat for 2(maybe 3) hrs. This time around I plan on detangling while in the shower and seeing if this helps with my knots. Also, I plan on rinsing with pc co and seeing if that helps my strands, as well. I will comb back later with my rating.

ETA: my hair looks and feels like a 10. I tried the detangling while in the shower and never, ever again.
I'm just starting to detangle in shower again. It seems to be working out. Glad to hear about your hair experience. Sorry to hear detangling didnt work for you

i went to my stylist this past friday and she uses tons of grease and a hot comb. so i have been using mango butter because i know it contains protein. usually i would never use a daily moisturizer that has protein but my hair needs it right now until i can wash it. when i do wash it this week heres what im going to do:

pre poo with coconut milk mixed with olive oil, avocado oil and honey and leave it on for an hour. then shampoo with aphogee shampoo for damage hair. then do a five minute treatment with joico k pak deep penetrating reeconstructor. then deep condition with heat for 30 minutes with joico k pak intense hydrator mixed with olive oil and a dab of honey. then my leave ins will be rusk smoother, paul mitchell heat seal, paul mitchell moisture mist, silk elements foam wrap and ubh dew.

i cant wait because i know my hair needs some serious treatments. i will be babying my hair for a long time and will NEVER let anyone do my hair again. (except when i go get my hair dyed in a couple months lol)
Wow sounds like a good plan. I'm def getting some avacado oil as soon as I locate some. Keep us posted on your wash this week. I want to know how the prepoo with coconut milk works. along with the other products

Welcome back Patricia! DC'd on dry hair with Garnier Fructis sleek and shine 3 min masque for 45 min. Co-washed with shikai conditioner. Applied Aphogee 2 min and Joico Reconstructor. Rinsed and did ACV rinse. Applied Hair One Olive Oil cleanser as leave in. Towel dried and sectioned hair in four. Each section got Aphogee Green Tea and Keatin spray, ORS Olive Oil lotion, and avocado oil. Put each section in ponytails until damp. Each section got straightened with hot air brush.

Hair looks like satin and feels like silk. Hit on another 10:yep:
Oh you so sweet:yep::yep: How do you feel consistently having a good hair week? I know I'm speechless at times. Just thinking about my hair now and before I discovered my problem. Its like night and day:grin:

Oh you so sweet:yep::yep: How do you feel consistently having a good hair week? I know I'm speechless at times. Just thinking about my hair now and before I discovered my problem. Its like night and day:grin:

It wasn't all good, unfortunately. I had about a week and half where I absolutely HATED my hair. I'm trying to make it to 6 months before relaxing again and the new growth was getting on my nerves:nono: I couldn't stop touching it, which seemed to have led to single strand knots and more tangles:wallbash: Straightening the new growth helped alot. Today was the first day my hair and I have been on good terms in a while:yep:

WHAT TYPE OF PROTEIN YOU USE?
aphogee 2 step
HOW YOUR HAIR FEEL ON A SCALE FROM 1-10? 10
WHAT CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO ACHIEVE A 10?
Use the aphoee 2 step every 6-8 weeks instead of using Emergencee....Emergencee doesnt agree with my hair.

well i decided that i cant wait until my normal sunday wash session. i will be doing my wash routine with the protein tonight. and i cant wait. i think im going to sit under the drier with the joico reconstructor(i normally just leave it on in the shower) because i feel my hair need that extra something.

aphogee 2 step
HOW YOUR HAIR FEEL ON A SCALE FROM 1-10? 10
Use the aphoee 2 step every 6-8 weeks instead of using Emergencee....Emergencee doesnt agree with my hair.
Glad to hear you found the right product. Congrats

I'm at a perfect 10 again. I used emergencee on dry hair for about 20 min. shampoo with my fav garnier length and strength, used suave to detangle and then put joico kpac on for about 5 min. I'm loving my hair again.

Hope its not too late to join?

Aphogee 2 step, aphogee 2 min reconstructor(DC)
Aphogee Green Tea(leave in)

HOW YOUR HAIR FEEL ON A SCALE FROM 1-10?

after the 2 step a solid 10 its swingin and shiny

Maintain protein balance. Moisture is not enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back