PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Sunday, I washed with V05 Key Lime Clarifying Shampoo and conditioned with KBB deep conditioner in the honey oatmeal scent, which smells wonderful. Then I applied the CD Black Vanilla Leave In and JC Hair Nourishing Cream. Then I twisted my hair & put in my perm rods.

I took my hair down yesterday. It was shiny & it felt strong. The curls were well-defined, too (even on the 4b side of my head). The protein in it is the aloe vera & natural enzymes.

Sunday was the first time that I used it, but I *think* I've found my conditioner.

I used the 2 step ApHogee treatment today. My hair needed protein so bad. So very badly. My hair was about a 1. And as I was rinsing it out, I could feel the improvement in the strength of my hair. Afterward, I used Motions classic conditioner and steamed my hair. The steamer is the business. My hair and scalp felt good after that protein treatment though. I'll probably do another protein treatment this weekend. My hair has suffered in this weather. It's unused to cold weather and I didn't realize the weather would do this to my hair even though I don't go outside much. All this dry heated air to keep warm is extremely detrimental to my hair. My hair needed protein and moisture. I got Motions silk protein conditioner for my weekly just to try it out. I wanted to try out the Keraphix and Emergencee but they didn't have any.
I totally understand. Keep us posted on what kind of treatment you use next time. I've really been covering up my hair this winter with a hat and scarf. I cant afford to lose any more hair. When you get the keraphix or emergencee let us know. You going to love both of them!

I'm thinking that I need to up my protein to 1x a week or two in this cold weather to make sure I am retaining (I had some breakage last week:nono:) so I think a challenge is in order. Add me to the list if the challenge is still open to new members. I'll be doing a treatment this afternoon with jheri redding's natural protein.
Sure will add you . Welcome to the challenge. Your hair looks so good in your siggy. Let us know how the treatment works for you and check in with us on DC days to rate your hair experience. On the edge of my seat wanting to know how the jheri redding works out for you! We in this hair thang together!

Can i be added to this challenge please if its not too late. However, i have a few questions for you ladies. Is it ok to use protein every week whiles using MT 3x a week? Is that too much protein at a time? I am currently using Affrim 5n1 as my protein treatment once a month. Is that ok to use this product every week for a quick in the shower 5 min protein treatment?

TIA
Sure you can join. Welcome to the challenge! I never tried MT but a lot of ladies here do. My advise to you is to try out your 5 min treatment. If it seems like to much try it every other week. Whatever you decide keep us posted on your progress:yep::yep::yep: postively speaking

I have a question:
I just ordered a bottle of Mega-tek and was planning to use it on my scalp only, a couple times a week, as most LHCFers recommend. But I know the length of my hair could use more protein too (I worry about it breaking off due to me constantly wearing buns and ponytails).

Would any of you guys use mega-tek as an all over protein treatment, from root to end? And if so, how would u suggest I go about doing it?

I want to join!! Please add me!

Could someone please advie me as to whether my regime is ok, will be starting it this week:

* Co wash hair 3 times a week or everyday to take out the gel used in bunning everyday

*when styling use water based leave in, Hawaiian silky 14 in 1 moisturizer, profectiv anti-breakag strengthening mega moisturizer, then african royal hot six oil then finally thick and shine styling gel with keratin protein.

* I will be adding a re constructor to my routine every weekend when I wash with a K.I.S.S shampoo mix, and deep condition with hood dryer.

*moistrize my hair using the same method for styling.

Could anyone give me feedback on this routine?

Thanks.

Could someone please advie me as to whether my regime is ok, will be starting it this week:

* Co wash hair 3 times a week or everyday to take out the gel used in bunning everyday

*when styling use water based leave in, Hawaiian silky 14 in 1 moisturizer, profectiv anti-breakag strengthening mega moisturizer, then african royal hot six oil then finally thick and shine styling gel with keratin protein.

* I will be adding a re constructor to my routine every weekend when I wash with a K.I.S.S shampoo mix, and deep condition with hood dryer.

Thanks.
Sure I will add you! Welcome to the challenge. What condition is your hair in now? What kind of protein will you be using? I'll let some of the other ladies comment on your regimine. Let us know how your hair experience feels when you DC. Glad you joining us in Growing our hair long and strong!

I have a question:
I just ordered a bottle of Mega-tek and was planning to use it on my scalp only, a couple times a week, as most LHCFers recommend. But I know the length of my hair could use more protein too (I worry about it breaking off due to me constantly wearing buns and ponytails).

Would any of you guys use mega-tek as an all over protein treatment, from root to end? And if so, how would u suggest I go about doing it?

There are a lot of people on here that do it this way. I use it on my scalp nightly and don't rinse it out. By morning it has penetrated. I once used it as a protein treatment. I slathered my head with a mix of MT and OCT and let it sit for about 20 minutes then rinsed. It definitely made my hair stronger, but I did not care for the feeling of my hair afterwards. Some say that you shouldn't use any other protein for fear of protein overload when using MT, but I don't necessarily agree. Everything is about knowing your hair and moderation. My hair prefers Nexxus Emergencee as a "treatment" to MT, so I use emergencee every 2 weeks or so. I don't stop my MT usage though and my hair is doing great! I would give it a try and see how your hair responds. I wouldn't leave it in longer than 15 to 20 minutes though for first use. HTH.

Thanks.

Sounds good, but don't lock yourself into that. I think what I've learned the most is that you may have a planned regime that you want to stick to, but your hair may think differently. If after using the reconstructor something feels off, then I wouldn't continue with business as usual, I would tweak where needed to keep your hair on track. I can do the same exact thing for a week, and the next week, not changing anything, something just isn't right, and I have to maybe use a more moisturizing DC, or add some protein to get back on track.

Sure I will add you! Welcome to the challenge. What condition is your hair in now? What kind of protein will you be using? I'll let some of the other ladies comment on your regimine. Let us know how your hair experience feels when you DC. Glad you joining us in Growing our hair long and strong!

Thanks, well my hair is in ok condition, I suffer from split ends and hair snaping, like thin strands peeling off my hair.

I am looking to use the Aussie 3 min re constructor or the aphogee 2 min re constructor every week.

and the aphogee 2 step every month.

Sounds good, but don't lock yourself into that. I think what I've learned the most is that you may have a planned regime that you want to stick to, but your hair may think differently. If after using the reconstructor something feels off, then I wouldn't continue with business as usual, I would tweak where needed to keep your hair on track. I can do the same exact thing for a week, and the next week, not changing anything, something just isn't right, and I have to maybe use a more moisturizing DC, or add some protein to get back on track.

I understand, I will use this as a mental guideline but tweak when needed. Thanks!!!

Thanks, well my hair is in ok condition, I suffer from split ends and hair snaping, like thin strands peeling off my hair.

I am looking to use the Aussie 3 min re constructor or the aphogee 2 min re constructor every week.

and the aphogee 2 step every month.
Ok sounds like you need to rebuild your hair like me. Don't sleep on nexuss emergencee its a great product. Let us know your results after you use the aussie or aphogee

Sure will add you . Welcome to the challenge. Your hair looks so good in your siggy. Let us know how the treatment works for you and check in with us on DC days to rate your hair experience. On the edge of my seat wanting to know how the jheri redding works out for you! We in this hair thang together!

Thanks! I did the treatment. My strands feel a lot stronger. My hair visibly looks stronger and fuller as well. I think a series of light to medium protein treatments should help the condition of my hair over the next few weeks. I'll keep you updated.

I've been using protein weekly for a while so I'd like to be added to this challenge if it's not too late. My hair is in pretty good condition, but it's fine, so the protein is a necessity for me. I'm also bone straight (NOT overprocessed). Here's my regimen:
  • Pre-poo when deep in stretch with oil + moisturizing conditioner concoction (i.e., Amla, Coconut, Vatika, Elucence MBC, Aubrey HSR, etc.) and detangle BEFORE washing
  • Wash weekly (used to be 2x p/wk but been lazy) with Elucence Shampoo or Aveda DR
  • Clarify with Elucence when necessary and follow with moisturizing shampoo.......occasionally use baking soda + water
  • If deep in stretch, rinse and detangle with Aubrey HSR prior to DC, otherwise it's not necessary
  • DC under Pibbs with Aveda DR (only when shampoo was Aveda DR) or Cathy Howse UBH
  • Rinse DC and apply MT to scalp and hair for 3-5 mins and rinse
  • Apply Elucence MBC for 3-5 mins as a quick final rinse out to obtain moisture, slip and detangle under running water
  • Apply Lacio Lacio
  • Apply Leaveins of choice and seal (Elucence, Sabino, Vatika, Seyani, etc.)
  • Rollerset or airdry
Maintenance
  • Growth aid concoction of MT+BM to scalp only 3-4x p/wk
  • Moisturize daily (Elucence MBC, Hawaiian Silky when deep in stretch) and seal with oil or butter (Vatika, Seyani)
  • Use Hard Core Protein as necessary (Dudley's DRC, Aphogee Hardcore)
This may seem like a lot of protein to many but I do not have protein overload, because I use pure moisture to moisturize daily

I've been using protein weekly for a while so I'd like to be added to this challenge if it's not too late. My hair is in pretty good condition, but it's fine, so the protein is a necessity for me. I'm also bone straight (NOT overprocessed). Here's my regimen:
  • Pre-poo when deep in stretch with oil + moisturizing conditioner concoction (i.e., Amla, Coconut, Vatika, Elucence MBC, Aubrey HSR, etc.) and detangle BEFORE washing
  • Wash weekly (used to be 2x p/wk but been lazy) with Elucence Shampoo or Aveda DR
  • Clarify with Elucence when necessary and follow with moisturizing shampoo.......occasionally use baking soda + water
  • If deep in stretch, rinse and detangle with Aubrey HSR prior to DC, otherwise it's not necessary
  • DC under Pibbs with Aveda DR (only when shampoo was Aveda DR) or Cathy Howse UBH
  • Rinse DC and apply MT to scalp and hair for 3-5 mins and rinse
  • Apply Elucence MBC for 3-5 mins as a quick final rinse out to obtain moisture, slip and detangle under running water
  • Apply Lacio Lacio
  • Apply Leaveins of choice and seal (Elucence, Sabino, Vatika, Seyani, etc.)
  • Rollerset or airdry
Maintenance
  • Growth aid concoction of MT+BM to scalp only 3-4x p/wk
  • Moisturize daily (Elucence MBC, Hawaiian Silky when deep in stretch) and seal with oil or butter (Vatika, Seyani)
  • Use Hard Core Protein as necessary (Dudley's DRC, Aphogee Hardcore)
This may seem like a lot of protein to many but I do not have protein overload, because I use pure moisture to moisturize daily
I sure will add you to the challenge. Welcome. Sounds like you have a solid regimine. Come back on poo day and let us know how your hair feels on a scale of 1-10. Glad you joined:yep::yep:

Checking in...

I have decided to switch my regimen to very low manipulation. I will be washing my hair every two weeks. Maybe a little more depending on my workouts. I will only do my protein treatments those days, so I will be checkin in with you guys twice a month. So far I have been doing well. MT and ORS have been in rotation, so my protein levels are up. I am moisturizing with a leave in.

Carry on ladies...

Hey ladies,

Just checking in to say that I have still been doing my weekly protein treatments and I realized protein is my friend...my hair is loving it.:yep: I will start checking in weekly again, the past few weeks have been really hectic for me.

I cowash with aphogee 2 min. weekly. It is such a staple for me. I also follow up with HE Drama Clean and spray African Pride Braid Spray....my hair feels awesome!

PrePoo'ed with Global Goddess Oil last night...shampoo'ed with Kenra MS, used Bain De Terre Strengthening Mud Masque - followed up with Humectress...

I have a question:

Hi Barbie!!!

I don't do the scalp thingee cuz my hair is too fine and I really just don't feel like doing it. I have been using MT since September and it is some good stuff...

That is how I use my MT - as a protein treatment...when doing this, I normally leave it on no more that 15-30 minutes - with or without heat, normally but a cap on just depends...(did use it overnight but we are going to take baby steps, aiight...:grin:)

You MUST follow up with a moisturizing dc and you want to leave the DC on longer than the protein as this stuff is made for horses...:lachen:....

HTH...

Okay I don't remember the last time I checked in (in too many challenges!!!) but I've been trying some things out to up my protein. I tried out Shescentit's Fortifying Mask and it was a hit but I was like there is no way I can have another staple come through the mail. I may eventually succumb to it though. I did use a mix of yogurt, wheat protein, and cocosta oil on Tuesday and I would give my hair a 9. I will be trying Hairveda's Methi Sativa Recovery System this weekend. Oh yeah ordered Komaza's protein strengthener and am waiting for that to arrive. Two people have mentioned cowashing with a reconstructor so I'm thinking I will try cowashing with my Hairveda Moist Condition PRO at some point. One more thing--see I should check in more often--I purchased many Chagrin Valley Shampoo bar samples but particulary in relation to protein I will be pooing with the beer & egg one. Okay that's it finally :)!

Okay I don't remember the last time I checked in (in too many challenges!!!) but I've been trying some things out to up my protein. I tried out Shescentit's Fortifying Mask and it was a hit but I was like there is no way I can have another staple come through the mail. I may eventually succumb to it though. I did use a mix of yogurt, wheat protein, and cocosta oil on Tuesday and I would give my hair a 9. I will be trying Hairveda's Methi Sativa Recovery System this weekend. Oh yeah ordered Komaza's protein strengthener and am waiting for that to arrive. Two people have mentioned cowashing with a reconstructor so I'm thinking I will try cowashing with my Hairveda Moist Condition PRO at some point. One more thing--see I should check in more often--I purchased many Chagrin Valley Shampoo bar samples but particulary in relation to protein I will be pooing with the beer & egg one. Okay that's it finally :)!

I am very impressed with your selection of products Shay. I haven't used any Hairveda products yet but I may add them in my regimen soon as long as they are sulfate and paraben free. Cones I can handle. Keep us informed on how they are working out for you. Thanks.

Thanks, Aggie. Hairveda products are paraben & sulfate free. The yogurt mix was a hit. I used greek yogurt from the grocery store that has 23g of protein. I do a lot of reading on this board--being a night owl helps--and then research on my own.

Wow you do have lots of products through mail order. I'm so impatient but I'm wanting to try the methi recovery system. Glad to hear you doing good with your regimine. I'm thinking about cowashing with aphogee 2 min one day. hey I really want to know how the shampoo bar and the beer and egg work out:yep::yep:

I will definitely let you know how the beer & egg shampoo bar works out. I think I'm almost stocked up on products bc if it's a staple I always order 2-3 of each product at a time. I think after March I can probably go for at least 6 months without needing to purchase hair products. Then I can focus on tools. I need a hair steamer!

Can somebody say a 10!:creaturesThis is really working out. My first 10. YES and thank you all for all the good hair products and tips. Today I shampoo with my favorite garnier length and strength, rinsed, put porosity control on for 1 min, rinsed, used joico kpak knock off, rinsed and detangled in shower. Air dried. Had to include pic of air dried hair. This is from continued usage of good products. joico kpak, emergencee, duotex...

Attachments

• P3010384.jpg
    P3010384.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 25
My hair came out a 10.

Used MillCreek Biotin shampoo, used Goldwell Definition as a cuticle sealing step. Then used MillCreek Biotin conditioner which has both Keratin and Collagen proteins. I skipped my moisture step because I used TJ NS as my cream rinse. My hair was shinny and beautiful! Smooth, I barely needed a comb. That's saying something for a 4 a/b cotton head. :up:

This natural head loves protein!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back